Thief elite spec idea, spellthief

Eekasqueak.7850

New weapon: main or off hand scepter styled to be more compact like a wand.

New mechanic: steal is replaced with an effect that applies to your next attack causing it to daze and giving a special type of stolen skill if it interrupts an opponent.

Skills would he based around CC and stealing boons, gets access to a unique set of glyphs/etc.

Just brainstorming and further ideas and feedback are more than welcome.

never say the weapon is "styled to be like a" because transmutation charges make sure that's not happening. (same reason thief isn't getting a greatsword looking like a katana)the new mechanic is gonna cause some issues with traits. (also looks like a worse version of basilisk venom)glyphs require the player to switch "modes" (either attunment like ele or transform like druid)

I'd love a heal / support as you DPS (not necessarily anywhere close to a top tier damage only option) elite. Basically a better version of Fire for Effect Deadeye with a greater concentration on spell casting since I felt the aesthetics of this aspect of Deadeye, particularly Shadow Flare, worked really well.

While I'm not exactly fond of introducing new exclusive mechanics in attempts to make a profession worthwhile, introducing Hex spells as something that a couple of the new elites could bring may offer a support option by further debuffing enemies using Hexes (perhaps increasing total damage taken on the target) which additionally apply damage or healing around the Thief. With some decent generation of a boon such as Might, such a Spellthief may be worthwhile as a secondary healer.

It isn't something I've thought through to any considerable degree but after seeing how well the animations and voice acting of Deadeye were handled, I'd love to see that applied in the direction of a caster spec for Thief.

@"derd.6413" said:never say the weapon is "styled to be like a" because transmutation charges make sure that's not happening. (same reason thief isn't getting a greatsword looking like a katana)the new mechanic is gonna cause some issues with traits. (also looks like a worse version of basilisk venom)glyphs require the player to switch "modes" (either attunment like ele or transform like druid)

Modes could be dependent on weapon combos, the effect from traits would trigger on attack, and sure transmutation charges are a thing but the default skin being a wand is what I was talking about. Thieves lack one handed ranged options outside of pistols and no class has had off hand scepters yet so it would be pretty unique and open up lots of options with how thief dual wielding works.

The interaction with traits is what would set it apart from the venom.

Archived