Reapers are still aweful... Wow

I've been gone for like a year I think. Almost nothing has changed.Mesmers/Scourge still broken as hell.Reapers still bottom tier.

Who "balances" this game? Whoever it is has a serious hardon for mesmers that's for sure.

EDIT: I'll be fair and say they are better than they were.

@Aktium.9506 said:Reaper is ok.

I've done like 350 games with it this season. A bit more stability and maybe another gap closer than just RS2 and it's mostly in a fine spot.

Core Necro is what needs the buffs.

a bit more stability, since 3 years.... just bad that anet only nerf stability and stunbreaks on necro instead of buffing

There's been a lot of reapers in platinum their on NA in my experience. WoodenPotatoes has been hanging around in Plat 3 on EU maining reaper.

Reaper could definitely use a few more bones thrown their way but power reaper is more viable and in a better place than it has ever been. It's in a far better place than Revanant and Ele and far from bottom tier.

I feel like disengage is the biggest downfall of Reaper, which is not made up for in any other way. Stab and Invulns would be nice (this game is way different than at launch and there is SO MUCH DAMAGE that Reaper has just fallen behind to power creep because face tanking is no just objectively worse than avoiding damage with invuln or evade). But as a reaper, you basically die if you're +1'd (RS2 can help you get away, but that means you basically need to save that for OH SHITE purposes... not to mention the WAY too long CD that RS now has).

@mortrialus.3062 said:There's been a lot of reapers in platinum their on NA in my experience. WoodenPotatoes has been hanging around in Plat 3 on EU maining reaper.

Reaper could definitely use a few more bones thrown their way but power reaper is more viable and in a better place than it has ever been. It's in a far better place than Revanant and Ele and far from bottom tier.

There were reaper plats when i was playing a year ago. That doesn't mean anything. There are also revs and eles in plat. Does that make them good also?

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:There's been a lot of reapers in platinum their on NA in my experience. WoodenPotatoes has been hanging around in Plat 3 on EU maining reaper.

There were reaper plats when i was playing a year ago. That doesn't mean anything. There are also revs and eles in plat. Does that make them good also?

Reaper definitely has gained some traction. Just because it's not top tier like you want it to be doesn't mean the game isn't balanced or whatever. Not everything can be #1 I hope you understand that. It's gotten better but they are most likely NOT going to give it new skills that would fix their issues. Having downsides is important after all.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

How frequently used something is isn't the end all be all of balance, but there's
tons
of meaning you can gleam from it. Revs were in a worse position last season than this season. Nothing too crazy about the class changed but a few nerfs to classes other than revs made them a lot more prominent this season. They're not in every game and there's not a ton of them, but there are more of them. That definitely paints a picture of rev being in a slightly better place this season than last season.

Elementalists are in the opposite side of things. I saw far more eles in general, especially fresh air eles, last season. But after the nerfs to Fresh Air they've mostly bottomed out. During the dozens of games I played the past two days I saw two elementalists. Elementalist is definitely in a less healthy state than it was last season and my own experience confirms this.

On the opposite end of the spectrum Chronobunkers are omnipresent. There's always one, maybe two of them on both teams each match. Those numbers are definitely telling a story.

There's tons more Reapers running around in platinum than there were last season. Last season I almost never saw a Reaper over a scourge. I really don't recall seeing a single one. Now I see them consistently in my matches, like maybe 30-70 split of reapers to scourges and they're doing okay and making plays. They've buffed Spectral Grasp, Well of Blood, Blood Is Power, greatsword and reaper shroud bit by bit for months now. Yeah they need more buffs. But it's a solid B tier build and far from F tier.

@mortrialus.3062 said:They've buffed Spectral Grasp, Well of Blood, Blood Is Power, greatsword and reaper shroud bit by bit for months now. Yeah they need more buffs. But it's a solid B tier build and far from F tier.

I must point out that no one playing Reaper is using Well of Blood or BiP. And only very rarely Spectral Grasp.

A full 1 second cast time on a heal that also confines you to a very small area (if you want full mileage out of it) that also has no condi cleanse whatsoever just doesn't work out very well.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:They've buffed Spectral Grasp, Well of Blood, Blood Is Power, greatsword and reaper shroud bit by bit for months now. Yeah they need more buffs. But it's a solid B tier build and far from F tier.

I must point out that no one playing Reaper is using Well of Blood or BiP. And only very rarely Spectral Grasp.

A full 1 second cast time on a heal that also confines you to a very small area (if you want full mileage out of it) that also has no condi cleanse whatsoever just doesn't work out very well.

With Blood Magic it's not bad. Lower CD, grants protection, and rezzes allies. I agree with you on BiP.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:There's tons more Reapers running around in platinum than there were last season. Last season I almost never saw a Reaper over a scourge. I really don't recall seeing a single one. Now I see them consistently in my matches, like maybe 30-70 split of reapers to scourges and they're doing okay and making plays. They've buffed Spectral Grasp, Well of Blood, Blood Is Power, greatsword and reaper shroud bit by bit for months now. Yeah they need more buffs. But it's a solid B tier build and far from F tier.

BiP, SG, and WoB are not used on serious builds because they are mediocre even by core necro standards. Greatsword hasn't been buffed since HoT era, and Reaper Shroud has never been buffed since it's introduction to the game.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:There's tons more Reapers running around in platinum than there were last season. Last season I almost never saw a Reaper over a scourge. I really don't recall seeing a single one. Now I see them consistently in my matches, like maybe 30-70 split of reapers to scourges and they're doing okay and making plays. They've buffed Spectral Grasp, Well of Blood, Blood Is Power, greatsword and reaper shroud bit by bit for months now. Yeah they need more buffs. But it's a solid B tier build and far from F tier.

BiP, SG, and WoB are not used on serious builds because they are mediocre even by core necro standards. Greatsword hasn't been buffed since HoT era, and Reaper Shroud has never been buffed since it's introduction to the game.

BiP's recent change is interesting. Not necessarily meta, but interesting. With Blighter's Boon you can immediately start a match with 30% life force which is pretty nice.

But Spectral Grasp and Well of Blood are 100% legit. Not only is spectral grasp a 1200 range pull, but if you use it point blank or just happen to hit 5 targets (Which is actually really easy with all these mesmers running around by the way) it's an immediate 75% life force. And in that gameplay clip you linked, I could see so many moments where Well of Blood would have swung fights by letting you res your teammates either through the traited version or the dedicated heal skill.

@Aktium.9506 said:

I run BiP probably the only one tho and made it legend with no efford. I agree with needing some buffs but most important thing is others still need nerfs. BiP lacks radius which makes it hard to use.

@Patrick.2987 said:I run BiP probably the only one tho and made it legend with no efford. I agree with needing some buffs but most important thing is others still need nerfs. BiP lacks radius which makes it hard to use.Which Well did you sacrifice for it though? Statistically all three of the commonly used ones should be better than the Might gain from BiP. You using Blood Bond does make more sense now though.

@Patrick.2987 said:Drop well of suffering and get decent ppl to play with making use of that might.Fair enough. Well of Suffering seems a safer option if your teammates don't know about the might generation though. I'll have to try it out off-season.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:One of its biggest issues atm is its lack of condi removal I'd sayIt is. Pretty much all your condi cleanse is Consume Conditions and Well of Power. I think it should stay a weakness of Reaper though. Clearly defined weaknesses are a good thing. At most I would add some small source of Resistance or Superspeed. Either or both effects could be added to or replace the current effects of Relentless Pursuit.

Reaper is pretty good to be honest, can win it's battles and have impact on games. The issue is some map objectives tend to make scourge more efficient.It's much more easier to have your party rolled on bell, hammer, or tranq buff against 1-2 scourges than against 1-2 reapers...

@Abazigal.3679 said:

Reaper is pretty good to be honest, can win it's battles and have impact on games. The issue is some map objectives tend to make scourge more efficient.It's much more easier to have your party rolled on bell, hammer, or tranq buff against 1-2 scourges than against 1-2 reapers...

Yeah. The biggest things holding reaper back at the moment seem to be that 1. Scourge is just a better team damage dealer and 2. Scourge hard counters reaper in that role.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:There's tons more Reapers running around in platinum than there were last season. Last season I almost never saw a Reaper over a scourge. I really don't recall seeing a single one. Now I see them consistently in my matches, like maybe 30-70 split of reapers to scourges and they're doing okay and making plays. They've buffed Spectral Grasp, Well of Blood, Blood Is Power, greatsword and reaper shroud bit by bit for months now. Yeah they need more buffs. But it's a solid B tier build and far from F tier.

BiP's recent change is interesting. Not necessarily meta, but interesting. With Blighter's Boon you can immediately start a match with 30% life force which is pretty nice.

Blowing a utility slot just so you can start with 30% LF is not a good build.

But Spectral Grasp and Well of Blood are 100% legit. Not only is spectral grasp a 1200 range pull, but if you use it point blank or just happen to hit 5 targets (Which is actually really easy with all these mesmers running around by the way) it's an immediate 75% life force. And in that gameplay clip you linked, I could see so many moments where Well of Blood would have swung fights by letting you res your teammates either through the traited version or the dedicated heal skill.And for every one of those "so many moments" that well of blood could have rezzed somebody, there are 3 moments where I would have died because I was running a inferior heal. YSIM > WoB. Also the active WoB isn't really that exciting as a rezz option, and I haven't found it particularly practical

Well builds are certainly one of the better options available to reapers in 2018, but they are still inferior in a running fight, and most of the current meta revolves around running fights.

Actually I'm seeing almost as many reapers as scourges, so they are making a come back. They still hit like a truck and from what I see they do better than a scourge because of the insane burst with 25 might. I think some necros realise that they are more fun to play and can down several opponents in one go it timed right.

Archived