Weaver Staff WvW Build and Fractal/Raid Build?

asmariya.1096

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the best current build out for WvW Staff Weaver and Fractal/Raid as well. I've been doing a ton of research and am having a hard time deciding which build is best. I'm interested in either max damage for WvW or a healing build.To me, it seems that Marauder set does most damage for WvW, and I'm not too sure about what set to use for healing. Do raids/fractals run the same builds as WvW would?I want to run sword and dagger as well eventually, but I think staff is probably best for me atm. Thanks in advance for any tips!

@asmariya.1096 said:Hi everyone, I'm looking for the best current build out for WvW Staff Weaver and Fractal/Raid as well. I've been doing a ton of research and am having a hard time deciding which build is best. I'm interested in either max damage for WvW or a healing build.To me, it seems that Marauder set does most damage for WvW, and I'm not too sure about what set to use for healing. Do raids/fractals run the same builds as WvW would?I want to run sword and dagger as well eventually, but I think staff is probably best for me atm. Thanks in advance for any tips!

Make sure to check snowcrows for raids, discretize for fractals (although they offer nearly same builds, depending on class) and ezbuilds for wvw. They also have very good tips on how to play the build and how to gear up.

Ps. That Feanor's wvw build is quite squishy and impractical, especially with scholar runes and air traits (which almost never proc their bonus dmg). There's also better sigil choices. Build from website above (arcane instead of air) gives you good might uptime, boons in general and passive shield proc, which are far more useful. Gear depends on player, but having some marauder parts can be much better than full zerk, and is actually recommended.

@steki.1478 said:

@"asmariya.1096" said:Hi everyone, I'm looking for the best current build out for WvW Staff Weaver and Fractal/Raid as well. I've been doing a ton of research and am having a hard time deciding which build is best. I'm interested in either max damage for WvW or a healing build.To me, it seems that Marauder set does most damage for WvW, and I'm not too sure about what set to use for healing. Do raids/fractals run the same builds as WvW would?I want to run sword and dagger as well eventually, but I think staff is probably best for me atm. Thanks in advance for any tips!

Make sure to check snowcrows for raids, discretize for fractals (although they offer nearly same builds, depending on class) and ezbuilds for wvw. They also have very good tips on how to play the build and how to gear up.

Ps. That Feanor's wvw build is quite squishy and impractical, especially with scholar runes and air traits (which almost never proc their bonus dmg). There's also better sigil choices. Build from website above (arcane instead of air) gives you good might uptime, boons in general and passive shield proc, which are far more useful. Gear depends on player, but having some marauder parts can be much better than full zerk, and is actually recommended.

Seeing you talking about meta is weird, especially, when in RTI you were all about breaking meta and making some crazy stuff work :/

To add: don't follow meta blindly, some fractals might be easier and faster on builds, which are considered "suboptimal" in straight forward fractal (like battlegorunds) run, but is way better in niche runs with lots of CC, displacement or bullet hell. Check out metabattle, discretize and SC for builds. Also, in Feanors fractal build, I'd take pirmordial stance instead of Fire sigil and Arcane precision in Arcane trait line, with fury you should have enough crait. chance to outdps that build

@"asmariya.1096" said:Hi everyone, I'm looking for the best current build out for WvW Staff Weaver and Fractal/Raid as well. I've been doing a ton of research and am having a hard time deciding which build is best. I'm interested in either max damage for WvW or a healing build.To me, it seems that Marauder set does most damage for WvW, and I'm not too sure about what set to use for healing. Do raids/fractals run the same builds as WvW would?I want to run sword and dagger as well eventually, but I think staff is probably best for me atm. Thanks in advance for any tips!

This is a good wvw staff weaver build.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAdOg94CuMA8RgFCA7eV/qn1BFgAwAQYS2BKBA-j1BEABMp8zddAAcBA8X9ntUCmwDAIl9HCAcAc+5BgzP/8zP/8a+5nf+5nf+5nfepAmYrF-w

It has Bolt to the Heart chosen there, but I like Fresh Air more. Better access to 4 and 5 skills. It's up to you which one you choose.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

Seeing you talking about meta is weird, especially, when in RTI you were all about breaking meta and making some crazy stuff work :/

To add: don't follow meta blindly, some fractals might be easier and faster on builds, which are considered "suboptimal" in straight forward fractal (like battlegorunds) run, but is way better in niche runs with lots of CC, displacement or bullet hell. Check out metabattle, discretize and SC for builds. Also, in Feanors fractal build, I'd take pirmordial stance instead of Fire sigil and Arcane precision in Arcane trait line, with fury you should have enough crait. chance to outdps that build

That comes with experience. Until you get there, you should follow builds that other made because they work for sure. When you're comfortable enough with class/elite spec/weapon skills it comes naturally where you should use what kind of build. That's why experimenting with different builds is recommended while leveling, which a lot of people fail to do so they cant make builds for themselves.

Archived