Can you imagine

If a reaper could do 27k in like 3 seconds.. That's literally what a mes is doing. Easily. This game is done lol. Stick a fork in this thing man. Let it die.Can you imagine the rage. The fucking QQ that people would throw on these forums.Reapers cant even get away with doing near 8k in that time.

THIS GAME IS A JOKE. PEACE!

Yea but blowing up people is fun. Do you know that feeling when you do your GS 2 F1 combo with power mesmer just right and the enemy goes from 100 to 0 in 1 sec? I know that feeling and you should experience it too if you don't. It's just so beautiful.

@TheDevice.2751 said:If a reaper could do 27k in like 3 seconds.. That's literally what a mes is doing. Easily. This game is done lol. Stick a fork in this thing man. Let it die.Can you imagine the rage. The kitten QQ that people would throw on these forums.Reapers cant even get away with doing near 8k in that time.

I think you forget that Reaper's don't get any mobility, invuln, evades, or much stab. So... checks and balances. ;)

The problem is that there is so much cheese in this game (i.e. one-shot mesmers, PP thieves, burn guardians, soul beast rangers, etc.) that it runs off new or lower tier players.

Most of those specs aren't viable at high levels which is often used as an excuse to KEEP them in the game. However, that logic is flawed. If something runs off lower tier/new people AND isn't viable at high-end play, then why not just remove it. It's common sense 101.

Having these extreme burst/cheesy abilities makes the game very tough to balance overall regardless of what level you are playing. They do far more harm than good unless EVERY profession has equal cheese and the goal is to make the game a FPS.

@SPESHAL.9106 said:The problem is that there is so much cheese in this game (i.e. one-shot mesmers, PP thieves, burn guardians, soul beast rangers, etc.) that it runs off new or lower tier players.

Most of those specs aren't viable at high levels which is often used as an excuse to KEEP them in the game. However, that logic is flawed. If something runs off lower tier/new people AND isn't viable at high-end play, then why not just remove it. It's common sense 101.

Having these extreme burst/cheesy abilities makes the game very tough to balance overall regardless of what level you are playing. They do far more harm than good unless EVERY profession has equal cheese and the goal is to make the game a FPS.

If we could even go further, i'd say average team in solo queue cannot handle condi spamming due to the setup, and also to the fact it's not necessarly easy to sustain it. That's pretty much why it's hard to handle scourges + condi mesmer lately. And we could add condi thief also. These builds with no support aside aren't hard to deal with, but it's extremly easy to die and get into snowball effect

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Could you imagine the rage if a reaper could dump 40+ stacks of bleed on people?

Oh wait...

So I actually tested this.

Here is the absolute bare minimum required to hit 40 stacks of bleed on a target

Krait RunesA amulet with expertise and a major in precision.Blood Is PowerA condi transfer skill. (I used "Suffer!" for the extra chill)Deathly Chill and Chilling Nova traits from Reaper traitline. (this means no Blighter's Boon)Curses traitline.Scepter mainhand

Note that the above setup can only reach 40 stacks while bursting, and can only do so very rarely. (specifically when both of BiP's charges are off cd.) Also requires some hefty ramp up time, and the build is pretty glassy.

If you want to reach 40 stacks in a reasonable timeframe you need to add the below things:

Lingering Curses trait from Curses. (this means you can't take weakening shroud)Chilling Darkness from Curses. (this means no Plague Sending)Plaguelands. (this means no "Chilled to the Bone!")Decimate Defenses trait from Reaper. (this means no Chilling Victory)

TLDRYou can do tons of condi damage on reaper if you are willing to throw away all of your defense, are ok with spending 10 seconds ramping up your damage, and are ok with losing every single matchup.

Condi Reaper is trash in 2018, why is this even being brought up?

@SPESHAL.9106 said:The problem is that there is so much cheese in this game (i.e. one-shot mesmers, PP thieves, burn guardians, soul beast rangers, etc.) that it runs off new or lower tier players.

Burn guardian? What year is it?

@TheDevice.2751 said:If a reaper could do 27k in like 3 seconds.. That's literally what a mes is doing. Easily. This game is done lol. Stick a fork in this thing man. Let it die.Can you imagine the rage. The kitten QQ that people would throw on these forums.Reapers cant even get away with doing near 8k in that time.

I can do 20k+ with both axe 2 and soul spiral. Do so every game that I play power reaper. Load them up with vulnerability and then take out any remaining health with axe 2 or soul spiral.

I’ve downed someone with axe 2 for 22k and then used soul spiral on top of them hitting them for another 21k and downing 2 other enemies next to them at the same time. All in the time of those 2 casts.

Reaper can definitely pump out some very heavy damage. Although they aren’t the best they are super fun to play. Most of the time it seems like people don’t realize how hard they can hit with certain abilities. They just have a much harder time pulling off that damage than some other professions.

@Majirah.5089 said:

I can do 20k+ with both axe 2 and soul spiral. Do so every game that I play power reaper. Load them up with vulnerability and then take out any remaining health with axe 2 or soul spiral.

I’ve downed someone with axe 2 for 22k and then used soul spiral on top of them hitting them for another 21k and downing 2 other enemies next to them at the same time. All in the time of those 2 casts.

Reaper can definitely pump out some very heavy damage. Although they aren’t the best they are super fun to play. Most of the time it seems like people don’t realize how hard they can hit with certain abilities. They just have a much harder time pulling off that damage than some other professions.

Yeah, I was going to say that Reaper can pull off some huge hits if you manage to CC the enemy. It can easily outdamage holo in the same space of time if it pulls off its CCs. But it also can't survive pressure as long.

Spin2win!

Archived