1780 EU Chronomancer

Math.5123

Doing my daily routine of 1-2 games of PvP to see if the game is any less frustrating than the previous day, I encounter an enemy Chronomancer.He does what every other Chronomancer does and he runs far, because they don't really lose any 1v1 in the game.I'm forced into close as a core Guardian because neither our D/P thief, Double Scourge or Revenant feels good about taking the duel.

The duel starts by him dropping a Chaos Storm on node followed by pWarlocks, pDefenders and pDenchanters. He's keeping his permanent 58% damage reduction up while cycling Aegis through Chaos Storms and blocks from his Shield. I go down about 2 minutes into the duel off node. A pAvenger had chased me from the node, which the Chronomancer was capping. The pAvenger downed me with a 6.4k crit.This is where this Chronomancer commenced to let me know how bad at the game I am for losing the 1v1. At which point I tell him that he's simply getting carried by the build, through countless blocks, blurrs, evades and invulns.He then goes on telling me that blocks doesn't matter because, and Ill quote. "Guardians has a lot of access to unblockable burst damage".

I want ArenaNet to know the kind of players that gets carried to the highest of tiers, simply because of their builds. They have no knowledge of rotations or match-ups, because frankly. It does not matter.

I sincerely hope that the current form of Chronomancer gets completely demolished, butchered and then some before the next season starts.

It is one of those fortunate situations where chrono is massively op in both pve and pvp so there should be little fear in gutting it hard across the board. But anet balance team has a hard on for it which is why it will probably only get baby nerfs with some compensation buffs so that at most it gets knocked down from god tier to top tier.

As a core guard myself I just leave the 1v1 drop Hiroshima in mid,win mid and drop Nagasaki 2v1 on the chrono after,let the snowball roll. Not worth as the Best player to waste your potential on a Bad player in a 1v1. Your point is correct regardless.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Doing my daily routine of 1-2 games of PvP to see if the game is any less frustrating than the previous day, I encounter an enemy Chronomancer.He does what every other Chronomancer does and he runs far, because they don't really lose any 1v1 in the game.I'm forced into close as a core Guardian because neither our D/P thief, Double Scourge or Revenant feels good about taking the duel.

The duel starts by him dropping a Chaos Storm on node followed by pWarlocks, pDefenders and pDenchanters. He's keeping his permanent 58% damage reduction up while cycling Aegis through Chaos Storms and blocks from his Shield. I go down about 2 minutes into the duel off node. A pAvenger had chased me from the node, which the Chronomancer was capping. The pAvenger downed me with a 6.4k crit.This is where this Chronomancer commenced to let me know how bad at the game I am for losing the 1v1. At which point I tell him that he's simply getting carried by the build, through countless blocks, blurrs, evades and invulns.He then goes on telling me that blocks doesn't matter because, and Ill quote. "Guardians has a lot of access to unblockable burst damage".

I want ArenaNet to know the kind of players that gets carried to the highest of tiers, simply because of their builds. They have no knowledge of rotations or match-ups, because frankly. It does not matter.

I sincerely hope that the current form of Chronomancer gets completely demolished, butchered and then some before the next season starts.

my question to you is simple, why take rank rating serious at all? It doesn't depend on skills at all, rank has become a meme and gold farm.

@Amityel.5324 said:just had game vs 3 scourges two on start 3rd relog from another class......they ressed each other gave each other barriers etc......impossible to win in pugs......this game is done bb :)3 scourge is a terrible setup, so this is really a L2P issue. 2 scourge = same, unless they have a firebrand, then it is kind of a pain.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:It is one of those fortunate situations where chrono is massively op in both pve and pvp so there should be little fear in gutting it hard across the board. But anet balance team has a hard on for it which is why it will probably only get baby nerfs with some compensation buffs so that at most it gets knocked down from god tier to top tier.

I think it’s more accurate that mesmer before HoT wasn’t used anywhere for its combat abilities and only really for its utility portal, mow and veil mostly, in PvE the optimal gear was essentially to maximise damage from reflects because it’s actual damage was pathetic compared to other classes. I doubt they want to return to that.

That is no excuse for legitimate concerns being addressed though I am just saying that is likely one reason they’re being more cautious. That and some of the complaints are entirely baseless.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:it will probably only get baby nerfs with some compensation buffs so that at most it gets knocked down from god tier to top tier.And how is that a problem? That is what balance is about, not nuking a class to ground...

It's almost in line with other meta builds now, the sustain is pretty negligible, the only thing needs nerfing is the superior bunker ability. There are several proper recommendations in other threads already so I'm fairly positive it will be taken care of.

Archived