One week without elites would completely change the face of the leaderboard

@Ryan.9387 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Make no mistakes about it :
HoT/Pof elites are Pay to win
, you may decide to keep living in denial or embrace the truth that many players are not that good to sit in gold...let alone platinum and above. All I would need is one week without access to elites to completely rewrite the leaderboard to what it should really be...one week to show the potential of PvP in this game...one week to restore PvP in this game to its former glory.
  1. Pre-HoT GW2 PvP was nothing. There was no there, there. Barely anyone played, far less than the current numbers of at the height of population which was Season 5. There's no former glory to return to.

???? Barely anyone played before HoT????kitten are you talking about? HoT was released in 23th Oct 2015. Before that in 2013/2014 There were like 10 consistent different ESL teams who participated in tournaments, a LOT OF players who used to play ESL 2v2 weekly, ESL 5v5 weekly and Go4-cups and hundreds of people who aimed for competitive pvp and ESL, forming new teams ect. The population of amateur teams alone who used to play on monday AGs was higher than the popuation of all the wannabe tryhard AT-teams who are 10 times worse than every single AG-Team back then.Even Season 5 was a joke compared to soloq in 2013/2014 because half of all the good players had already left the game.

A few ESL people were sniffing around the game but among the general player base? Yeah dead.

Did you even read what I've written?Normal playerbase in 2013/2014 was like twice as high as it is now and the "normal" playerbase aimed for competitve tournament play.

Objectively not true according to statements by Arenanet. According to their stats, season 5 had the highest population playing SPvP.

Their stats iirc were relative to the seasons before leaderboards.

They were indeed.

@Dralor.3701 said:Game is not pay to win, you are being cheap especially considering how much content they give us.

Used to have to pay $15/mo for most MMOs PLUS expansions.

Plus other MMOs have level cap increases that have a MUCH MUCH higher power upgrade than elite specs do over core specs. And in those games you can’t even participate in end game pvp let alone be competitive if you aren’t max level. This game is not pay to win.

If anything it would make more sense for people to be required to own POF and HOT to do ranked pvp than to not allow elite specs or give them out for free. I don’t think that would be a good move, but it would make more sense. I think the system they have now is extremely generous to those who haven’t bought expansions.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Coolguy.8702" said:I call BS, thieves guards rangers warriors and eles all have viable f2p builds for pvp. Its just that you’re too cheap to pay $20 to help support the devs

Ele has no viable ftp build

Yeah I'm not really sure that's 100% true, its just still massively underground.

When PoF hit, obviously Scourge and Spellbreaker were monstrous, but yet Fresh Air core Ele was able to carry hard when played right, it kind of exploited how kite-able the Scourge and Spellbreakers were at the time.

This is Phanta's PoF launch build, which he had the most success on in ranked queue, even more so than Sage's/Avatar Sword Weaver. Now we have more thieves around, I'd say it's... less useful. But when you're versus no thieves, specifically Condi or power S/D, I'm sure it's viable at the least.

That build sucks.

@Jalal.6783 said:@mortrialus.3062 People in Legendary and Plat 3 would continue to be there regardless of what the meta looked like.People get to legendary and plat 3 BECAUSE they play meta specs. yes while some do play other specs once they get there and maintain their positions, they still played those specs to carry them in the first place and still need to play them to maintain that position. Find me a legend player or plat 3 player who mains scrapper for example, reaper, revenant just to name a few. Again, that doesn't mean players who are that high ranking cant play them in ranked and do well, it means that if they played only those classes, they would inevitably lower their rank by a noticeable amount given enough games played from their current standings with the meta specs.

Skilled players are better than unskilled players, but all players do better playing better builds. Or is that too obvious?

Archived