Staff Mesmer OP

Bandlero.6312

wbdmI1W.jpgWith all the complaints about Chrono, cheese, and crutch builds; so called "meta" - here's another build to consider.

Staff Mesmer. More specifically, Staff Mirage running Carrion Amulet. I might be inclined to share the build in-game if asked; can't remember the exact specifics on the top of my head to share here. No I'm not purposely running phantasms or clones or clone-spamming; in-fact my heal, 2 utilities, and my elite are the mirage skills. Most matches I average anywhere from 250-400k damage.

This match ended in a time-out; the reason for that and the unusually high damage stat is a guardian that literally took no damage and face-tanked 5v1 the entire match; and was constantly insta-rezzing teammates that would drop 2 seconds later. So basically, an entire match against unkillable practice targets.

If you're talking about the standard Carrion Ineptitude build, yeah it does a lot of damage. The confusion and torment can be played around fairly easily, but Phantasmal Mage+The Prestige from torch hit like a truck and should get trimmed by a couple thousand.

I don't know what that match and this thread are suppose to prove though. 25% of team damage and 800k on a time out against by your admission endless punching bags isn't really all that impressive.

@"Bandlero.6312" said:wbdmI1W.jpgWith all the complaints about Chrono, cheese, and crutch builds; so called "meta" - here's another build to consider.

Staff Mesmer. More specifically, Staff Mirage running Carrion Amulet. I might be inclined to share the build in-game if asked; can't remember the exact specifics on the top of my head to share here. No I'm not purposely running phantasms or clones or clone-spamming; in-fact my heal, 2 utilities, and my elite are the mirage skills. Most matches I average anywhere from 250-400k damage.

This match ended in a time-out; the reason for that and the unusually high damage stat is a guardian that literally took no damage and face-tanked 5v1 the entire match; and was constantly insta-rezzing teammates that would drop 2 seconds later. So basically, an entire match against unkillable practice targets.

All I see is that staff mesmer is too weak to kill a firebrand and will sit there dealing damage to no effect for an entire match.

I dont get the entirety of this post....like what exactly are you trying to point out here?!

• Carrion mirage with Staff (at least as one weaponset) already is meta and everybody knows the issues with it.
  • 25% of teamdmg surely is good....but not OP (especially since we dont how many other DPS besides yourself where on that team).
  • You lost
  • And I dont see your name at that leaderboard screen whatsoever

@Sergo.2867 said:Talk to me about why I should love staff. I only use it while me scepter/torch skills are on cooldown, and I put the chaos storm on downed players. The 2-evade is nice for getting out of scourge circles. What else am I missing?

Phase retreat is absurdly good. Not just kiting but you can use it to blink into all sorts of crazy areas and shortcuts and even just getting around the map quicker. Phase retreat on it's own justifies staff. But phantasmal warlocks are nice and gives you two clones. Potentially getting aegis, daze and weakness on chaos storm is also a super nice bonus. Like check out metabattle's kite spots page and look at all the cool ones there are for phase retreat.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Lots of damage isn't a good thing, it means you had extremely prolonged fights....

But yes I agree, staff mes is OP with the right build.D6eY6vj.jpg

Not sure what build you run, but you have lots of disrupts and some boon strip to stop those FB's from rezzing.

No wonder it's so OP it's Death by Snu Snu :dizzy:

@"Sergo.2867" said:Talk to me about why I should love staff. I only use it while me scepter/torch skills are on cooldown, and I put the chaos storm on downed players. The 2-evade is nice for getting out of scourge circles. What else am I missing?

You mean like how absurdly good phase retreat with its multi-purpose use is? Or how chaos armor basically is a huge "fuck off" to all power builds? Or how good of a zoning tool chaos storm is? or how pWarlock gives you 2 clones with one skill and is acutally pretty good dmg?

Ye, I wonder why Staff has been on almost every meta build mesmer has ever had.

Archived