I wish Druids were DPSers and not heals.

Martimus.6027

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:This might just be the least constructive thread in this forum.

I'm honored that you helped contribute to it then.

I've contributed as much as you have honestly, you're so caught up over a name to the point of obsession and can't seem to understand that almost nobody is agreeing with you and your 'dissenting opinion' will go nowhere. Elementalist already does all the stuff you want Druid to do and complaining about a name won't change that.

This also sparked a discussion about what a Druid class is and what people expect from it.

It's a forum. You know. Where discussions take place.

But you coming here and stating things like "nobody agrees with you" simply because you don 't is false logic. I don't expect my 'dissenting opinion' to go anywhere. It's a forum where people politely exchange ideas. Are you a moderator who determines what can and cannot be posted on this forum?

It's also both funny and ironic that you complain about a post not being productive while posting an unproductive comment adding to it. You both assume a moral and ethical high ground, while also wallowing around in the lowbrow gutter you condemn.

Now are we done here? Or do you need the last word? I'll let you have it.

This whole thread has almost solely been you trying to shout down everyone who has a different opinion or interpretation of "Druid" than you. The way it's been implemented is perfectly valid and serves a nigh indispensable role in the high level PvE meta of the game.

Actually, no it hasn't been me shouting down anyone at all. It's called an adult discussion. i find it funny that you totally ignore that some people, such as yourself, HAVE been trying to 'shout down' me for not thinking a Druid should be a support class, much less traditionally.

But I do hope you feel better.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:This might just be the least constructive thread in this forum.

I've contributed as much as you have honestly, you're so caught up over a name to the point of obsession and can't seem to understand that almost nobody is agreeing with you and your 'dissenting opinion' will go nowhere. Elementalist already does all the stuff you want Druid to do and complaining about a name won't change that.

This also sparked a discussion about what a Druid class is and what people expect from it.

But you coming here and stating things like "nobody agrees with you" simply because you don 't is false logic. I don't expect my 'dissenting opinion' to go anywhere. It's a forum where people politely exchange ideas. Are you a moderator who determines what can and cannot be posted on this forum?

It's also both funny and ironic that you complain about a post not being productive while posting an unproductive comment adding to it. You both assume a moral and ethical high ground, while also wallowing around in the lowbrow gutter you condemn.

This whole thread has almost solely been you trying to shout down everyone who has a different opinion or interpretation of "Druid" than you. The way it's been implemented is perfectly valid and serves a nigh indispensable role in the high level PvE meta of the game.

Actually, no it hasn't been me shouting down anyone at all. It's called an adult discussion. i find it funny that you totally ignore that some people, such as yourself, HAVE been trying to 'shout down' me for not thinking a Druid should be a support class, much less traditionally.

I said trying to, I didn't say you were doing any good at it. The concept seems to go right over your head though.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

I said trying to, I didn't say you were doing any good at it. The concept seems to go right over your head though.

Oh, you just have an axe to grind. Gotcha. I'll let you wallow in that snark and negativity.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:Just becuse druid is dps in othet games dont mean it is locked to name for then they should change guardian to paladin to get its proper name and so on

To be fair, mechanically herald is closer to Paladin than Guardian because of how much more active defense focused guardian is than traditionally paladins tend to be in games.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:Just becuse druid is dps in othet games dont mean it is locked to name for then they should change guardian to paladin to get its proper name and so on

To be fair, mechanically herald is closer to Paladin than Guardian because of how much more active defense focused guardian is than traditionally paladins tend to be in games.

Yeah but guardian looks more religius and has similar theme

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

Yeah but guardian looks more religius and has similar theme

Thematically it's similar but they stripped out the religious parts to make it more race neutral.

i was waiting for more healers in pof. i want more. have a revenant maklain gear for wvsw. and a tempest magi ele and a marshal druid. i like to keep ppl alive. and even more when an enemy try to kill them in wvsw. only bad is when i am downed and they let me die it feels bad. but they can’t see i am healer. sometimes i say that i am and then they rev me. i want title leave no hero behind. but no skill :( :( it is a perfect title for me all other titles i don’t care. exept hero of lions arch but can’t get anymore

@Martimus.6027Hahaha, indeed!

Oh well, I can only conjecture that people actually missed the trinity to some extent when Anet came up with Druid. IMO Healing classes really don't work well in this game, the UI doesn't support it and neither does the targeting, as you can't see the HP of your allies unless you directly click em', which is counter-intuitive for obvious reasons, and another is that you can't actually target your allies with spells, which really relies on your Allies to be standing where you want them to in order for the heals to land and not jump-hopping all over the place like a rabbit.

Somewhat resolved if you party up with them, but it's still... Clunky.

It works though, although its far from optimal.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:@"Martimus.6027"Hahaha, indeed!

Oh well, I can only conjecture that people actually missed the trinity to some extent when Anet came up with Druid. IMO Healing classes really don't work well in this game, the UI doesn't support it and neither does the targeting, as you can't see the HP of your allies unless you directly click em', which is counter-intuitive for obvious reasons, and another is that you can't actually target your allies with spells, which really relies on your Allies to be standing where you want them to in order for the heals to land and not jump-hopping all over the place like a rabbit.

Somewhat resolved if you party up with them, but it's still... Clunky.

It works though, although its far from optimal.

I agree that the interface isn't really conductive to being a healer. That's why proper games have addons, to allow the customisation you need.

The fun thing, however, is that this game's design, at least in group PvE, never really worked before they added healers. Active defense and self-sufficiency was a nice theory, but fell apart in practice with all the AoE attacks that mobs threw at you. The resulting "kill it before it kills the group" hardly was engaging gameplay.

I'm not entirely sure if this point was made but the druid being a healer doesn't break the whole "abandonment of the holy trinity trifecta." The druid is not a class but an Elite specialization. The Ranger profession is still capable of being DPS/Healer/Tank. The Elites can specialize in any of those areas or none of those and still keep with the original philosophy. An Elite is only one path, of many, that the Ranger can take. All of the core, basic specializations do the same thing, providing a more focused attention to different aspects of the profession. Elites are just more powerful versions of that with the added benefit of giving you a new weapon.

So while it may be true that the Druid is not what you hoped to be, the Druid itself did not violate the original design philosophy as all it did was allow players who wanted to focus on healing focus on healing. If you want to focus on DPS then you would build the Ranger a different way. They never promised that aspects of a profession wouldn't focus on different areas, only that the professions themselves would not be 100% any one thing. The Elites are honestly too small of a mechanic to make most of them generalist (being able to do all three roles) and be effective. I think the Elementalist and Engineer may be the only professions who can still be anything they want beyond the focus that an Elite brings due to the way kits and Attunements work (ie A Scrapper or Holo could still opt to focus on healing by equipping the Med Kit or hyper focus on DPS by equipping the grenade, explosive, or mortar kits. Flipside Attunements allow the Elementalist to switch roles on the fly in a way that the Druid would never be able to replicate).In the long run, I think there is always going to be someone who is unhappy with how an Elite might focus any given profession. I saw someone complain a few days back about how Daredevil didn't allow you to wield two swords and how it should have been more of a ninja build (though I think they are waiting to give Thief the ninja build when they do an expansion focused on Cantha).

Also druid is just a name to put idea on gw 2 druid its alot closer to dryad . But meaning and usage of names dont mean they should be same take my name laila for example not all who share my name look ore think like me. (This for op seem to locked on that all druids shall be same in all games. Druid was orignally a name for celtic shamans wich dont fit the general meaning of druids in most games ore this game)

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:Also druid is just a name to put idea on gw 2 druid its alot closer to dryad . But meaning and usage of names dont mean they should be same take my name laila for example not all who share my name look ore think like me. (This for op seem to locked on that all druids shall be same in all games. Druid was orignally a name for celtic shamans wich dont fit the general meaning of druids in most games ore this game)

Excuse me?

No, really........excuse me?!?!?!!?

Your'e telling ME that I said druids should be 'locked' into the same theme in all games??? I'm sitting here saying Druids should have the OPTION to be DPS, not locked into support and that's somehow saying they should be locked into DPS? And others are here adamantly insisting that Druids should be SUPPORT healing classes, and I am the one who's talking about how druids should be locked into a theme?? no. I'm not.

Don't come for me. I've had enough of people on this thread. I don't mind people disagreeing. But personal insults, misrepresenting my arguments, telling me how "useless" this thread is, when it has sparked so much discussion is just asinine. But putting words into my mouth and dragging ME over hot coals and ignoring literally the exact same argument process from others who are just on the opposite end of the argument is ridiculous. Inexcusable.

How dare you sit there and tell ME I want druids to be locked into a role when i DO NOT, and others have attempted to shout me down and do precisely what you wrongly accused me of doing.

@Martimus.6027 said:

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:Also druid is just a name to put idea on gw 2 druid its alot closer to dryad . But meaning and usage of names dont mean they should be same take my name laila for example not all who share my name look ore think like me. (This for op seem to locked on that all druids shall be same in all games. Druid was orignally a name for celtic shamans wich dont fit the general meaning of druids in most games ore this game)

Excuse me?

No, really........excuse me?!?!?!!?

Your'e telling ME that I said druids should be 'locked' into the same theme in all games??? I'm sitting here saying Druids should have the OPTION to be DPS, not locked into support and that's somehow saying they should be locked into DPS? And others are here adamantly insisting that Druids should be SUPPORT healing classes, and
I
am the one who's talking about how druids should be locked into a theme?? no. I'm not.

Don't come for me. I've had enough of people on this thread. I don't mind people disagreeing. But personal insults, misrepresenting my arguments, telling me how "useless" this thread is, when it has sparked so much discussion is just asinine. But putting words into my mouth and dragging ME over hot coals and ignoring literally the exact same argument process from others who are just on the opposite end of the argument is ridiculous. Inexcusable.

How dare you sit there and tell ME I want druids to be locked into a role when i DO NOT, and others have attempted to shout me down and do precisely what you wrongly accused me of doing.

Dude, Druid is a spec not an entire class, chill the heck out. You're the one misrepresenting that person's argument because yours seems to be entirely "I want Druid to be like it is in these other games" when they're saying that it's open for interpretation.

Ranger can DPS, just using a different spec and that is perfectly fine whether you like that or not. The game already has an "elemental" caster like you keep saying Druid's should be, or do you need me to link back to the comments where you literally said exactly that? Your defense of people calling you out seems to entirely be pretending you didn't do that thing then blaming them of that thing. You are too caught up over the name, get over it.

@Martimus.6027 said:

@thefantasticg.3984 said:All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

That is not what I said or meant. At all.

I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

Again it's a spec and nothing you've said up to this point has indicated that. Even the title of the thread says you wish they were DPS not healers.

Archived