More Crazy Ideas for Deadeye Rework

Bunny.9834

Some of these I’ve already mentioned in other threads:

Malice: Now grants 2% Damage per StackMark Range (standing) - 900Mark Range (kneel) - 2000

Revert silent scope to previous state. (It didn’t really help other weapons since dodge is only applied to rifle anyways.) Also the mechanic is extremely clunky and wastes the dodge.

Rifle: Standing

• Now acts like a machine gun.
  • Decrease range to 900Skill 1: Brutal Shots - Shoot three bullets that cause vul. apply extra vul on marked target.Skill 2: Cursed Bullets - Shoot two bullets at foe and remove boons. Unblockable.Skill 3: Gattling Gun - Shoot x10, applies quickness. Pierces.Skill 4: Death’s Retreat (same)Skill 5: Kneel

Rifle: Kneeling

• Increase range to 2000Skill 1: Deadly Aim - same. PiercesSkill 2: Spotter’s Shot - same.Skill 3: Eagle Scope - shoot a bullet that guarantees to critically hit. Unblockable. Grants Might. Damage is equal to triple shot.Skill 4: Sniper’s Cover. - Shadowstep to target location and gain stealth. You remain in stealth as long as your target is within you kneel range. Lose stealth if you move.SS range 900.Increase initiative to 6.Skill 5: Free Action

Fire for Effect: You share your malice bonus to allies attacking your marked target. You and allies gain might and fury everytime you hit marked foe with a critical strike.

I like to keep an open mind to any suggestions that boost rifle dps but... the machine gun one is kinda weird (not that I would mind using it personally). I was thinking myself that 3rb is already too similar to unload and could diversify itself by reducing its rate of fire while also hitting harder to make it more sniper like. In RL though a machine gun doesnt transform itself into a sniper and both serve completely different roles so its immersion/thematic breaking unless you had animation for a gun switch or something. If they were to go with this gun switching idea you could also have say shotgun mode for short range aoe attacks. I think in reality though it would be too much work/redesign at this stage.

As for your fire for effect suggestion, I like the idea of sharing your malice bonus (it might be a little on the OP side as it will always be active). But to have allies gain might everytime they crit strike might be too OP, maybe if duration was super short like 3s it could work. If thief were to share a boon with allies though Id rather it be quickness since thief also benefits from it the most of any class and its thematically fitting.

Varying the range of marking a target is not a bad idea. If that were to happen though I would like rifle to be more versatile as a standing weapon option though it might clash with pistol in designated roles.

@eldrjth.7384 said:I like to keep an open mind to any suggestions that boost rifle dps but... the machine gun one is kinda weird (not that I would mind using it personally). I was thinking myself that 3rb is already too similar to unload and could diversify itself by reducing its rate of fire while also hitting harder to make it more sniper like. In RL though a machine gun doesnt transform itself into a sniper and both serve completely different roles so its immersion/thematic breaking unless you had animation for a gun switch or something. If they were to go with this gun switching idea you could also have say shotgun mode for short range aoe attacks. I think in reality though it would be too much work/redesign at this stage.

As for your fire for effect suggestion, I like the idea of sharing your malice bonus (it might be a little on the OP side as it will always be active). But to have allies gain might everytime they crit strike might be too OP, maybe if duration was super short like 3s it could work. If thief were to share a boon with allies though Id rather it be quickness since thief also benefits from it the most of any class and its thematically fitting.

Varying the range of marking a target is not a bad idea. If that were to happen though I would like rifle to be more versatile as a standing weapon option though it might clash with pistol in designated roles.

I thought of the machine gun idea because it gives you a more active gameplay, which the dev seems to be pushing for. Also the Warrior has Volley, which is automatic rifle-like skill with a 1200 range. Rifle in GW2 is a pretty versatile, almost non-descript type of weapon because it pretty much adapts to whoever is using it (engi uses it as a shotgun/netgun). By reducing its range in standing mode, it can justify hard hitting skills that’s comparable to P/P.

Also FFE is really geared towards more for raids to give thief something extra to really boost the team’s DPS. Its extra damage from Malice is only applied to the Mark target. Might can have short duration to prevent it from becoming hella OP. Just a thought.

I have been checking lately builds and homebrews of ppl trying to find some good way to play DE. Unfortunately after the last update majory of them declared that DE is no longer playable in most game mods such as PVP or WVW and i agree. DE has low dps (now even lower than before update) and it is hard to play it. Therefore i have done my research, and after i was done with my research i have made up a rework for DE pls post ideas and oppinions under. Since Deadeye is a sniper elite for a THIEF which can be wieved as a devious and stealthy creature I will explain each part of this remake pls let me know how you like it. enjoy.

Weapon : Rifle : Change of attacks

Autoatack : Three phases not just one: 1st strike - Eagle eye: Range 1400, cost 0 ini, cast time 1/2 sec, dmg 300, applies 2 stacks of vulnerability and weakness each lasting 1,5 sec, no finisher(your opening strike as a sniper must leave your opponent surprised and weakened)2nd strike - Pinch: Range 1400, cost 0 ini, cast time 1/2 sec, dmg 300, applies 1 stacks of bleeding lasting 5 sec dealing dmg 285, no finisher(this is sort of a small attack for condi builds also as a sniper you would like your foe to be bleeding if he would try to chase you)3rd strike - Hole maker: Range 1400, cost 0 ini, cast time 1/2 sec, dmg 450, gain vigor for 1 sec and swiftness for 2 sec, no finisher(this is the support attack for power builds also if you haven't killed your enemy with two shots the third one is there just to do a lot of dmg)

Kneel Autoattack: One strike - Brutal shot: Range 1580, cost 0 ini, cast time 3/4 sec, split dmg - Within 900+ range 500, 1200+ range 485, 1380+ range 450 dmg,                                                                                                          gain fury for 8 sec, after fury finshes its applicament steal 2 boons, combo finisher physical projectile                                                                                     (since you are kneeling your accuracy and range must be increased, but your time to aim must be longer the fury would be caused by the fact you had to kneel to be finally able to hit the target right :) )

Kneel Stealth Attack the only one for rifle: Skull splitter - Range 1700, cost 2 ini, cast time 1,2 sec, split dmg - From back 945 from side or front 825, cause reveal for 5 sec, consumes all Malice, if target dies gain swiftenss and quickness for 8 sec, combo finisher physical projectile(obviously the stealth attack must be the most powerful because you have plenty of time to aim and to fire since it is the only stealth attack for Rifle it should do a lot of dmg and also we should be rewarded if we strike down someone)

Second attack : Ankle breaker - Range 1400, cost 3 ini, cast time 1/2 sec, dmg 385, applies cripple for 5 sec, pierces, if the piercing bullet hits more targets gain ini for each hit target, no finisher(as the name indicates it is attack meant to cripple your foe so he can't follow you around, the pierce ini thing is meant to help thieves fight zergs in WvW because it can happen the bullet would pierce through multiple targets so if you manage to do this you deserve something back for your skill)

Kneel Second attack : Hold up! - Range 1580, cost 3 ini, cast time 3/4 sec, dmg 420, applies imobile for 3 sec, gain quickness for 3 sec and vigor for 5 sec, combo finisher physical projectile(this attack is meant for condi builds because it could be combinated with already known trait Panic Strike)

Third attack: Full magazine - Range 1400, cost 4 ini, cast time 3/4 sec, number of projectiles 6, dmg 235 per projectile, if all projectiles hit your target gain 6 stacks of might and swiftness for 4 seconds(again attack supporting power builds, also helpful in situations when you need to get out quickly lets say beacause of a harrati stampeede :) )

Kneel third attack: KA-BAM - Range 1580, cost 4 ini, cast time 1 sec, this attack is considered as a trick, you fire an explosive bullet which after hiting target explodes, radius 300, dmg 485, knockdown all targets in radius 1 sec, combo finisher blast at the location of explosion,(a trick shot in case you would like to say F*** you to your foe and anyone whom it might concern)

Fourth attack : Poisonous dart - Range 1400, cost 3 ini, cast time 3/4 sec, applies 2 stacks of poison with dmg 250 and durration 4 sec, imobilize for 1 sec(this attack is meant as a support for condi builds since rifle could be played nicely also with condi traits)

Kneel fourth attack : Predator's bite - Range 1580, cost 4 ini, cast time 1sec, applies 3 stacks of poison with dmg 250 and duration 4 sec, after hitting traget the bullet explodes and fires at nearby three targets dealing the same condi to them, loose 1 stack of might each cast of this attack.(a powerful condi attack for a price of your own might)

Fifth attack : K.O. - Range 900, cost 5 ini, cast time 1/2 sec, break stun you leap to your foe and strike him with your rifle over the head stunning them for 2 sec and after stun finishes they remain dazed for 2 sec, gain quickness, fury and swiftness for 5 sec, unblockable(deadeye had no cc in previous builds and so i made up one for him, it is supposed to be strong yet costy and unblockable because we all know that we get stunned without possibility to block everywhere we go especially in WvW)

Fifth atack has no kneeling variat.

Utilities: Mercy and Healing skill were in my oppinion fine so i would keep them as they were on the other hand i would like to replace the remaining utilities.

Shadow flare replaced by new: Like a Shadow - Throw a smoke bomb at the place where you are and dodge to a side chosen by your movement keys. Distance traveled 400, evade 3/4 sec, blind foes at the spot where you dodged from, stealth yourself for 4 sec, after landing kneel automatically. This is an ammo skill which has 3 casts each with recharge time 3 sec. The kneel can be canceled by movement forward (only forward ''W'' )(This utility could finally solve the huge problem we as DE had since we were too imobile and yet we will have to kneel and we will be able to use kneel attacks as was meant by devs)

Shadow gust replaced by: Ghost in a dark - This trait would be applicable only if you are in stealth. It would be attack common to wariors whirlwind sword, you would move accross the line towards the direction you would aim at. Range 1200, leaving AoE frost fields behind, you radius of a field 80 targets standing in a field get chilled or 5 sec and 3 stacks of torment with dmg 284 if standing and 340 if moving each for 5 seconds.

I liked the Binding Shadow utility very much. But it was easily evadable or blockable and palyers knew when it was cast so i would change it to unblockable and shorten the cast time to 1/2 sec.

Traits : I wil keep the names only change effects of some of them.Deadeye's gaze: Increase the amount of malice to 7 from the very start gain 2 ini upon marking target.Malicious Intent - Gain 1 Malice upon gaining a boon and marking a targetCollateral Damage - Skills which hit more that just one target cause blind for 5 secondsOne in the chamber - When you cast a cantrip gain random boon for 5 seconds.Renewing gaze was okay i have nothing to change there.Silent scope changed to Quick fingers - Ranged attacks have increased Critical chance by 10%, after your initiative is empty stealth yourself for 5 secondsPayback - Break stun and strike enemy with your weapon causing them to get stunned for 1 sec, considered a trick, refresh time 30 secPremeditation is okay but i would change it's name to Ripped from buffs (just like the name :) )Iron sight and Perfectionist were also okay.Magnificent Seven - After gaining full malice share all the boons from you to nearby allies number of targets 10 (this is mainly for raids because nobody ever wants to see a DE in raid cuz we are selfish and dont do enough dps as word says)Be quick or be dead - Gain 10 power for each stack of might, gain 100 precision each time you have quickness, gain fury each time you have swiftnessFire for Effect - Your Skull splitter becomes unblockable if you hit your marked target you copy all their boons and corrupt the boons on them to contradicting conditions.

This is what i would have changed on Deadeye i know it is a lot to read but if you managed and got all the way down here to comments please leave one and let me know what you think about this. We are the players we need to be active and help our devs make game better do have suggestions and pls if you find this one good leave like so devs notice that ppl really call for change. Thank you for your time bb o/ :)

My suggestion: By default, let Malice build up over time, and consume it as free initiative, but only for attacks that target the Mark. Other benefits for building or expending it can come through traiting -- e.g., empowering stealth attacks. But it can also benefit from traits related to initiative use. Treat the Mark more like a timed contract on the target -- it expires eventually and goes on a long cooldown, but if you kill the Mark beforehand, it has no cooldown and you can Mark another target. Basically, it enables and incentives focusing on and bursting a single target, which is sort of the theme of the concept.

For rifle, I think the tradeoff of kneeling should be mobility for range, moreso than damage.

Archived