Oh Hey Mesmer Nerfs

Bountiful Disillusionment: The stability duration for this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW.Illusionary Defense: The damage reduction per stack this trait applies is now split between game modes and has been reduced from -5% per stack to -2% in PvP and WvW.Phantasmal Defender: The tooltip for this skill now shows the correct damage the skill inflicts in PvE. Its damage has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.Phantasmal Disenchanter: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.Phantasmal Warlock: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.Echo of Memory: Reduced the damage inflicted by the illusionary avenger by 50%.

These are all excellent changes.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well remove the stability at this point, 1s is a joke.Illusionary defence was always a bad idea, would have preferred it to be something different, we don’t need more stacking damage reduction on any class.Fairly boring nerfs to skills people will never use anymore.

Please post nerf condi mes stuff below.

@apharma.3741 said:Might as well remove the stability at this point, 1s is a joke.Illusionary defence was always a bad idea, would have preferred it to be something different, we don’t need more stacking damage reduction on any class.Fairly boring nerfs to skills people will never use anymore.

1 sec just means you need to actually time it properly now. For instance you see incoming cc attack, you can either dodge/block it or shatter for stability and save your dodges/blocks for high damage non cc skills. Also it is still plenty to secure a stomp instead of having to blow a longer cd like distortion.

I am not a person that posts on forums, but I feel the need to vent. Regardless of the actual skill/spec nerf, it seems that every time I log in you are nerfing the mesmer... what, too many thieves, rangers or holo's complained that only they, as Anet favorites, should be allowed to have a one-hit combo? Seriously, the 4-6k dmg from ranger skill 1 spam needs to be fixed, the 18-20k backstab, almost everything on a holo is OP...but you won't because you all love your rangers, thieves and holos and you seem to hate the mesmer. Why not just remove it completely? Exchange it for another no-skill spam 1 class? ... You are so lost on what you want it to be from it's original design. People complain about mesmers yet it takes a ton of skill to play one well, especially in wvw or pvp. And I'm not talking about the hide and strike weeny players, I'm talking about the true skill players out there and those who are trying to be. You are forcing us to into your idea of a mesmer or even on to a different class. Seems you are way out of touch with what the players want. Said my piece and I will not say more. I'm sure I'll get some nice toxic feedback from all the players who think I'm dis'ing them on thief, ranger or holo; this has nothing to do with you as a player. it is class mechanics I talk about.

@BEAR.8216 said:I am not a person that posts on forums, but I feel the need to vent. Regardless of the actual skill/spec nerf, it seems that every time I log in you are nerfing the mesmer... what, too many thieves, rangers or holo's complained that only they, as Anet favorites, should be allowed to have a one-hit combo? Seriously, the 4-6k dmg from ranger skill 1 spam needs to be fixed, the 18-20k backstab, almost everything on a holo is OP...but you won't because you all love your rangers, thieves and holos and you seem to hate the mesmer. Why not just remove it completely? Exchange it for another no-skill spam 1 class? ... You are so lost on what you want it to be from it's original design. People complain about mesmers yet it takes a ton of skill to play one well, especially in wvw or pvp. And I'm not talking about the hide and strike weeny players, I'm talking about the true skill players out there and those who are trying to be. You are forcing us to into your idea of a mesmer or even on to a different class. Seems you are way out of touch with what the players want. Said my piece and I will not say more. I'm sure I'll get some nice toxic feedback from all the players who think I'm dis'ing them on thief, ranger or holo; this has nothing to do with you as a player. it is class mechanics I talk about.

LMAAAAAOI tell u something m8i.. Play as core ranger vs chrono or condi mirage pre nerf... Very fun and skillfull matchup if u suddenly cant beat a mesmer u have never seen before but ok ok I get, u just got gud and are now a better player Than me .. I should just... U know .. L2p right.The Nerfs were rightfully so.

@BEAR.8216 said:I am not a person that posts on forums, but I feel the need to vent. Regardless of the actual skill/spec nerf, it seems that every time I log in you are nerfing the mesmer... what, too many thieves, rangers or holo's complained that only they, as Anet favorites, should be allowed to have a one-hit combo? Seriously, the 4-6k dmg from ranger skill 1 spam needs to be fixed, the 18-20k backstab, almost everything on a holo is OP...but you won't because you all love your rangers, thieves and holos and you seem to hate the mesmer. Why not just remove it completely? Exchange it for another no-skill spam 1 class? ... You are so lost on what you want it to be from it's original design. People complain about mesmers yet it takes a ton of skill to play one well, especially in wvw or pvp. And I'm not talking about the hide and strike weeny players, I'm talking about the true skill players out there and those who are trying to be. You are forcing us to into your idea of a mesmer or even on to a different class. Seems you are way out of touch with what the players want. Said my piece and I will not say more. I'm sure I'll get some nice toxic feedback from all the players who think I'm dis'ing them on thief, ranger or holo; this has nothing to do with you as a player. it is class mechanics I talk about.

Have you ever played a thief in current pvp or wvw? I guess no. Go play one, then come back whine about mesmer nerfs.

Mesmer are a joke currently in spvp. Deal with it.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:Might as well remove the stability at this point, 1s is a joke.Illusionary defence was always a bad idea, would have preferred it to be something different, we don’t need more stacking damage reduction on any class.Fairly boring nerfs to skills people will never use anymore.

1 sec just means you need to actually time it properly now. For instance you see incoming cc attack, you can either dodge/block it or shatter for stability and save your dodges/blocks for high damage non cc skills. Also it is still plenty to secure a stomp instead of having to blow a longer cd like distortion.

Core mesmer only has 3 sources of stability. Signet of Inspiration (which is RNG, so completely unreliable), Mantra of Concentration, and BD. Mantra of concentration is stupidly easy to interrupt, denying that source of stability. So we are left with only 1 reliable source of stability on core mesmer, and that was BD, and now its reduced to 1 second.

This goes beyond "making sure you time it properly now", and wanders into "nerfing it for the sake of nerfing it" territory. It wasn't that strong on core mesmer in the first place, yet this nerf mostly affects core mesmer (since mirage offers its own ways to avoid hard CC via more evades), so its a pretty badly designed nerf. It would have been better to simply place an ICD on the stab generation from the trait

Chaos will still carry you more than enough dw, even on core mesmer.

Aside from other classes which sure need some nerfs too atm but when speaking of mesmer only, then take a look at condi mirage next pls. It is still broken, all the average but carried by chrono player will now just switch to the next brainless thing for this class.

@"BEAR.8216" said:I am not a person that posts on forums, but I feel the need to vent. Regardless of the actual skill/spec nerf, it seems that every time I log in you are nerfing the mesmer... what, too many thieves, rangers or holo's complained that only they, as Anet favorites, should be allowed to have a one-hit combo? Seriously, the 4-6k dmg from ranger skill 1 spam needs to be fixed, the 18-20k backstab, almost everything on a holo is OP...but you won't because you all love your rangers, thieves and holos and you seem to hate the mesmer. Why not just remove it completely? Exchange it for another no-skill spam 1 class? ... You are so lost on what you want it to be from it's original design. People complain about mesmers yet it takes a ton of skill to play one well, especially in wvw or pvp. And I'm not talking about the hide and strike weeny players, I'm talking about the true skill players out there and those who are trying to be. You are forcing us to into your idea of a mesmer or even on to a different class. Seems you are way out of touch with what the players want. Said my piece and I will not say more. I'm sure I'll get some nice toxic feedback from all the players who think I'm dis'ing them on thief, ranger or holo; this has nothing to do with you as a player. it is class mechanics I talk about.

This patch didn't have any impact on the "one-hit combo" mesmers, though. It only really affects bunker chronomancers by making it so that they can't do as much damage while bunkering. The one-shot mirages/chronos rely more on Mirror Blade, Shatter and maybe Mantra of Pain than phantasms, and the phantasms that most bursty mesmers use throughout a longer fight like phantasmal berserker and phantasmal mage weren't nerfed either.

Just hoping that puts your mind at ease a bit. ?

These are more or less okay.

The stability nerf is a bit harsh, but I get why they did it. 2 seconds would have been better but I’m guessing they didn’t want it being stacked.

I don’t really agree with such a huge nerf to staff phantasms as this means it’ll only ever function on a high sustain build, and will hit like a wet noodle after chronophantasma. But maybe now players will have enough time to learn to read.

Disenchanter I’m hoping stays PvP only because at a 50% nerf (1.0 to 0.5 coefficient?) will make power struggle even more to find a place in PvE.

Everything else is fine...

Problem is players are going to go even more into condi to make up the damage loss on sustain builds now, which was already overtumed and should have been shaved first.

But hey less stability and a lot of phantasm nerfs... Before Condi can people please stop complaining about Mesmer now?

@Daishi.6027 said:Problem is players are going to go even more into condi to make up the damage loss on sustain builds now, which was already overtumed and should have been shaved first.

My point too. That's a good update for top level since chrono bunker was really cheesy there. But that's going to ruin solo queue, since it usually takes 1 player or a bad setup to lose the match vs condi spam..

@allias.1420 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:staff nerf was random, was hoping for torch 5 to get a small nerf instead of staff.

staff is too strong for mesmer. Imo well deserved as it reduces the effectiveness of mirage as well which is needed. But I agree that torch 5 also needs a reduction on burn stacks

An 18s CD skill with +2s channeling attack deals just as much as a mediocre AA. This is iWarlock from 22/05/2018...

staff nerf is great considering it's a highly defensive weapon and Phantasmal Warlock summons 2 phantasms instead of 1 which I've always thought to be bullshit when the only other skill that summons 2 phantasms is a traited GS skill where the second phantasm deals less damage. The damage was too high when you get 2 phantasms for free, 1200 range, and stack a shit ton of vulnerability.

@Daishi.6027 said:These are more or less okay.

The stability nerf is a bit harsh, but I get why they did it. 2 seconds would have been better but I’m guessing they didn’t want it being stacked.

I don’t really agree with such a huge nerf to staff phantasms as this means it’ll only ever function on a high sustain build, and will hit like a wet noodle after chronophantasma. But maybe now players will have enough time to learn to read.

Disenchanter I’m hoping stays PvP only because at a 50% nerf (1.0 to 0.5 coefficient?) will make power struggle even more to find a place in PvE.

Everything else is fine...

Problem is players are going to go even more into condi to make up the damage loss on sustain builds now, which was already overtumed and should have been shaved first.

But hey less stability and a lot of phantasm nerfs... Before Condi can people please stop complaining about Mesmer now?

And that is exactly how it should be, a build that can facetank so much should hit like a wet noodle. Now bring all other brainless bruiser builds to that lvl and ppl have to play builds again that can die when get hit when they wanna see high dmg numbers. Discharge Holo is a good example of way to much sustain for a build that can oneshot out of stealth and a lot of the sustain is not even active defense, They can just facetank a lot during bring on high aoe pressure and a lot of cc. While crying about a pure glass power shatter mesmer (chrono/mirage) what has nothing passive and need high skill (aside from oneshotting brain-afk ppl out of stealth ofc) is just cringe. Remove the stunbreak on dodge completely already and WHEN all bruiser have less sustain nerf superiority complex and maybe torch 5 (mostly the condi part but not only).

@Ansau.7326 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:staff nerf was random, was hoping for torch 5 to get a small nerf instead of staff.

staff is too strong for mesmer. Imo well deserved as it reduces the effectiveness of mirage as well which is needed. But I agree that torch 5 also needs a reduction on burn stacks

An 18s CD skill with +2s channeling attack deals just as much as a mediocre AA. This is iWarlock from 22/05/2018...

yes its mediocre damage, maybe even subpar now. But when you take into account the overall damage output of a mirage you can see that it is well deserved.

Archived