Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Anyone else bored?


StickerHappy.8052

Recommended Posts

With the recent balance patches, I feel like everyone will just bandwagon soulbeast (although I gotta say druid is still okay)I for one am bored of the trend "LB/X for any soulbeast build is see, including core ranger and druid"

Any of you guys have some weird/fun non meta ideas that you use in pvp?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I play my ranger builds like some people swap to other classes in Ranked.I've been going back and forth between core lb/gs and a staff sw/wh support druid messing around with glyphs and spirits.

I don't believe either are ideal in this snowball meta of 'How fast can you dominate the mid fight and snowball into the rest of the match.'But hey, Glyphs were always fun :)

Playing Unranked Stronghold with a friend always leads to some laughs...especially playing something not so meta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not running anything particularly special, personally.

My problems with the game right now really just stem from how oppressive Firebrand and Scourge are in WvW and PvP for balance.

Firebrand pushes every single other support out of the meta. It has everything in abundance, to the degree that without massive power creep, no other class will ever come close to Firebrand.

And Scourge? It attacks large areas with so much damage and damage utility that it's metagame defining. And then it brings group supporting tools on top of it.

Until ANet does something about either of them at a design level, this game is and will continue to remain Firebrands and Scourges, and the small handful of specs that can kill/survive/escape Firebrands and Scourges.

That's what is boring or unfun about the game right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The lack of content patch and meaningful balance patch accentuated the problems. I was hoping SBeast would be our savior, but it only made meta pre-PoF builds better (condi ranger for fractals/raids and lb/gs+variants for wvw and spvp). It brought nothing new to the table.

Yep, I'm bored.

Any of you guys have some weird/fun non meta ideas that you use in pvp?

Right now, it is the build I use in sPvP. Very stealth spammy. Using Rune of the Trapper on my Healing Spring helps to heal yourself with CA in stealth and blast with CA3 (Quick Draw'ed most of the time) on Healing Spring, C4 and ends even more safely with Celestial Shadow to reposition yourself. I didn't see other rangers using Healing Spring in G3-P1. With Healing Spring, you can facetank any condi professions. Use the Staff blast for Smoke or Water field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been playing gs sword/dagger soulbeast for a long time now. I use it in pvp and WvW. It is very fun to use in my opinion. With the new update to healing spring removing more condis, I went back to using that as my heal with all the leap combos I have. I missed it <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:I play my ranger builds like some people swap to other classes in Ranked.I've been going back and forth between core lb/gs and a staff sw/wh support druid messing around with glyphs and spirits.

I don't believe either are ideal in this snowball meta of 'How fast can you dominate the mid fight and snowball into the rest of the match.'But hey, Glyphs were always fun :)

Playing Unranked Stronghold with a friend always leads to some laughs...especially playing something not so meta.

I always wanted to play a glyph build, unfortunately going glyph heal needs additional AF regen. The elite sucks as well. Another issue i have is that it tends to lean towards a power based build which i am sick of seeing. Wanna theory craft something?

My idea with the elite glyph which i tested a lot back in the day that it would be a good combo with retal, if you can keep it long enough. Glyph heal is also good with rune of the water. The bif deal breaker for gylphs is that is tratiting glyphs a good decision over cele shadow.? I guess if the build is super good then it will

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@jcbroe.4329 said:I'm not running anything particularly special, personally.

My problems with the game right now really just stem from how oppressive Firebrand and Scourge are in WvW and PvP for balance.

Firebrand pushes every single other support out of the meta. It has everything in abundance, to the degree that without massive power creep, no other class will ever come close to Firebrand.

And Scourge? It attacks large areas with so much damage and damage utility that it's metagame defining. And then it brings group supporting tools on top of it.

Until ANet does something about either of them at a design level, this game is and will continue to remain Firebrands and Scourges, and the small handful of specs that can kill/survive/escape Firebrands and Scourges.

That's what is boring or unfun about the game right now.

This is so true because again va scourge you need to have LB.. Because SB its doable but you are in a much more awkward position because of that 900 range, same with axe. That'S why i hate seeing LB and GS, it seems like you have to play those weapon sets. I rarely see any weird ranger builds. Its always the same LB shenanigans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The patch was annoying due to the size of the nerf they put out, however it’s hardly gonna stop me from playing Druid as my main prof. Still running my glyph/spirit build in PvP to the same success as usual, however due to the recent increase of people trying to avoid team fights at all cost I’ve been forced to dust off shout Druid again which I’ve also been having success with surprisingly lol.

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:I play my ranger builds like some people swap to other classes in Ranked.I've been going back and forth between core lb/gs and a staff sw/wh support druid messing around with glyphs and spirits.

I don't believe either are ideal in this snowball meta of 'How fast can you dominate the mid fight and snowball into the rest of the match.'But hey, Glyphs were always fun :)

Playing Unranked Stronghold with a friend always leads to some laughs...especially playing something not so meta.

I always wanted to play a glyph build, unfortunately going glyph heal needs additional AF regen. The elite sucks as well. Another issue i have is that it tends to lean towards a power based build which i am sick of seeing. Wanna theory craft something?

My idea with the elite glyph which i tested a lot back in the day that it would be a good combo with retal, if you can keep it long enough. Glyph heal is also good with rune of the water. The bif deal breaker for gylphs is that is tratiting glyphs a good decision over cele shadow.? I guess if the build is super good then it will

I’ve been running glyphs for like, ever in PvP and have always done well with it. I typically just use Regen and staff for my AF generation. Have never really had too much issue with it in team fights which is what I typically build for.

Then again, I’m a lunatic who not only doesn’t run Celestial shadow or that condi cleanse on CA attunement, but I also don’t run WS at all since I still think it’s one of the most boring traitlines in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Durzlla.6295 said:The patch was annoying due to the size of the nerf they put out, however it’s hardly gonna stop me from playing Druid as my main prof. Still running my glyph/spirit build in PvP to the same success as usual, however due to the recent increase of people trying to avoid team fights at all cost I’ve been forced to dust off shout Druid again which I’ve also been having success with surprisingly lol.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:I play my ranger builds like some people swap to other classes in Ranked.I've been going back and forth between core lb/gs and a staff sw/wh support druid messing around with glyphs and spirits.

I don't believe either are ideal in this snowball meta of 'How fast can you dominate the mid fight and snowball into the rest of the match.'But hey, Glyphs were always fun :)

Playing Unranked Stronghold with a friend always leads to some laughs...especially playing something not so meta.

I always wanted to play a glyph build, unfortunately going glyph heal needs additional AF regen. The elite sucks as well. Another issue i have is that it tends to lean towards a power based build which i am sick of seeing. Wanna theory craft something?

My idea with the elite glyph which i tested a lot back in the day that it would be a good combo with retal, if you can keep it long enough. Glyph heal is also good with rune of the water. The bif deal breaker for gylphs is that is tratiting glyphs a good decision over cele shadow.? I guess if the build is super good then it will

I’ve been running glyphs for like, ever in PvP and have always done well with it. I typically just use Regen and staff for my AF generation. Have never really had too much issue with it in team fights which is what I typically build for.

Then again, I’m a lunatic who not only doesn’t run Celestial shadow or that condi cleanse on CA attunement, but I also don’t run WS at all since I still think it’s one of the most boring traitlines in the game.

Wow. Care to share your builds?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Durzlla.6295 said:The patch was annoying due to the size of the nerf they put out, however it’s hardly gonna stop me from playing Druid as my main prof. Still running my glyph/spirit build in PvP to the same success as usual, however due to the recent increase of people trying to avoid team fights at all cost I’ve been forced to dust off shout Druid again which I’ve also been having success with surprisingly lol.

@"EnderzShadow.2506" said:I play my ranger builds like some people swap to other classes in Ranked.I've been going back and forth between core lb/gs and a staff sw/wh support druid messing around with glyphs and spirits.

I don't believe either are ideal in this snowball meta of 'How fast can you dominate the mid fight and snowball into the rest of the match.'But hey, Glyphs were always fun :)

Playing Unranked Stronghold with a friend always leads to some laughs...especially playing something not so meta.

I always wanted to play a glyph build, unfortunately going glyph heal needs additional AF regen. The elite sucks as well. Another issue i have is that it tends to lean towards a power based build which i am sick of seeing. Wanna theory craft something?

My idea with the elite glyph which i tested a lot back in the day that it would be a good combo with retal, if you can keep it long enough. Glyph heal is also good with rune of the water. The bif deal breaker for gylphs is that is tratiting glyphs a good decision over cele shadow.? I guess if the build is super good then it will

I’ve been running glyphs for like, ever in PvP and have always done well with it. I typically just use Regen and staff for my AF generation. Have never really had too much issue with it in team fights which is what I typically build for.

Then again, I’m a lunatic who not only doesn’t run Celestial shadow or that condi cleanse on CA attunement, but I also don’t run WS at all since I still think it’s one of the most boring traitlines in the game.

Honestly, the only thing I miss about Druid is running Marks with Moment of Clarity Master Trait and using Glyph of Equality during the ending Start-up frames for Maul to hopefully proc MoC and land the Maul for 50% dmg increase. That was so fun to setup. Other than that, I switched back to core in Feb of '17 (I probably sound like a broken record by now). But "To each their own."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:Actually I think playing ranger is more fun now, cuz core, soulbeast and druid have all viable builds. The only thing not fun is being matched vs condi mirage atm. Oh and the terrible matchmaking.

Hmm you mean everything has LB?

For what it's worth, I'm not playing LB at all.

I'm sitting comfortably at mid plat 2 playing the exact Druid build on metabattle (unless it's changed since I last looked) with the Bristleback swapped in favor of Jacaranda.

I just wasn't finding a use for the LB anymore. As a person who pops in and out of teamfights to support them with rezzes/downs and Jacaranda nukes while rotating to side nodes to defend or to decap/cap and force rotations from the enemy team out of teamfights, I just wasn't finding LB to be helpful with that anymore.

LB couldn't force Chrono off point and Spellbreaker/Weaver/Druid fights are endless 1v1s over a neutralized point where I didn't have enough damage to push the kill anyhow, but Staff adds so much mobility and breathing room to these fights, and the support carry, even if I'm not a Firebrand, has definitely swung matches. On top of that, with the only thing that can force me off a point by itself being a Scourge/Reaper, forcing that situation or any situation where the enemy has to outnumber me for a period of time can quickly snowball that map in my teams favor.

This is really all only a result of my continued play of Druid though. If I was playing Soulbeast or Core, I would definitely be running LB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rerolled an scourge some time ago. Although I find scourge play style unfun I couldn’t handle another 2-3 years playing the same build as I did with Druid and before that with ranger.

I have to say wvw with scourge gives you so much experience/loot from kills as it triples the amount you get as soulbeast. As such even if they change something it would be hard for me to come back. Unless Anet actually bring some AoEs to the class so it can do something in wvw zergs (like give the shortbow the exploding effect from the arpoon gun or bring back the mobile spirits )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:Actually I think playing ranger is more fun now, cuz core, soulbeast and druid have all viable builds. The only thing not fun is being matched vs condi mirage atm. Oh and the terrible matchmaking.

Hmm you mean everything has LB?

I played approximately 50%, maybe even more, of my matches this season on core ranger without Longbow. Reached rank 6 in EU with 1811 (?) mmr with it. Dropped a bit in rank now, but still top 20. If you want an alternative for longbow, think outside of the box and invest time in learning a build without that weapon. Longbow is just the safest option because its easy and effective vs scourges and can even pressure mesmers if traited. Ranger is just limited in the fact that any condi build won't work. But more professions have that same issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@anduriell.6280 said:I have to say wvw with scourge gives you so much experience/loot from kills as it triples the amount you get as soulbeast.

Oh yeah, I don't stay on my ranger if I want to tag and get loots. Rev, Necro, Guardian or Ele I go ! The Jacaranda AoE and BMode version radius is a joke when you look at those professions AoEs radius.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@anduriell.6280 said:. Unless Anet actually bring some AoEs to the class so it can do something in wvw zergs (like give the shortbow the exploding effect from the arpoon gun or bring back the mobile spirits )

I find shortbow on my Thief 100% more satisfying than shortbow on Ranger.

I'm starting to really feel using LB / SB is the weakness of a Ranger, and that maybe the way to go is full on melee...but then I have a Guardian and a Daredevil, who both do melee better, so my Ranger sits quietly waiting for those days when I need to flip a camp in WvW solo to get my third daily completed =(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAoYVnE8CtsglrAerAUtgFHBLv42cfuNLgMXHgJAM5qcl4wnA-jZRZAB5+AAAoMwwnCAjPCAHu/AA (Let me know if this link doesn't work.)

I may be a minority in this, but I love, love, love my condi trapper soulbeast! It is heavily dependent on bleeds, poison, and immobilizations, but the reapplication of them all is what makes this build so fun. A well-placed trap (and stealth from the Trapper rune) makes you an annoying opponent. :) Lots of opportunities to clear conditions while you kite away and restrict or impede the opponent's movement. Just a really fun build for 1v1s and +1-ing. I know, I know, it's kind of like a pseudo thief build, but it's just fun annoying people with it. ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...