Health Insurance trait bug

Josif.2015

Hello everyone!

I recently decided to test the healing amount you get when you use the Health Insurance trait. What I found was a noticeable inconsistency between what's written on the tooltips and the actual healing you get and give to allies. Keep in mind, I did this test without any healing power and with core engineer. Here is the list of results:

General issues

Water Leap Combo = 1430 healthWater Blast Combo = 1452 health (self heal), 1320 health (allies)

Med Kit

1. Bandage Blast

Tooltip healing per bandage = 1931 health, regeneration = 453 healthActual healing per bandage = 203 health, regeneration = 542 health

1. Vital Burst

Tooltip healing = 1130 healthActual healing = 1036 health (self heal), 1130 health (allies)

1. Infusion Bomb

Tooltip healing = 1508 healthActual healing = 1659 health (self heal), 1508 health (allies)

Elixir Gun

1. Regenerating Mist

Tooltip healing = 1810 healthActual healing = 1991 health (self heal), 1810 for (allies)

There are probably other inconsistencies with this trait when using different healing skills. These are the ones I tested.

You probably inventions trait line selected. Right?

Energy amplifier trait = Your healing power is increased by +250 while you have regeneration. And the healing from Infusion Bomb is regeneration which will trigger this trait and cause the regeneration be slightly more effective on self.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Energy_Amplifier

Anyways any trait affecting healing power can cause the small inconsistencies, but it is also possible that tooltip is off.

I recommend to deselect inventions trait line and test again.

No, I didn't have Inventions selected. For the testing, I was using a core power build with Explosives (1-2-2), Alchemy (3-3-1) and Tools (3-1-2). This is most definitely a bug of some sort, because Vital Burst heals allies the amount that is listed on the tooltip, yet it heals you for less than that. This doesn't occur when you don't have the trait selected, but if you do, then it's all messed up.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

1. Bandage Blast

Tooltip healing per bandage = 1931 health, regeneration = 453 healthActual healing per bandage = 203 health, regeneration = 542 health

This actually looks like some kind of weird bug on the tooltip itself, not just an inconsistency. I tested this out without Health insurance, and the tooltip was giving an accurate number per bandage, and then with health insurance the tooltip became wildly inaccurate.

The other skills you linked just seem to be an intentional design choice which value the tooltip uses to generate values (outbound vs inbound). The tooltip looks like it tends to show outbound healing instead of inbound, likely because the med kit is supposed to heal teammates.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

1. Bandage Blast

This actually looks like some kind of weird bug on the tooltip itself, not just an inconsistency. I tested this out without Health insurance, and the tooltip was giving an accurate number per bandage, and then with health insurance the tooltip became wildly inaccurate.

The other skills you linked just seem to be an intentional design choice which value the tooltip uses to generate values (outbound vs inbound). The tooltip looks like it tends to show outbound healing instead of inbound, likely because the med kit is supposed to heal teammates.

It would've been awesome if Bandage Blast healed for the amount it did when using the Health Insurance trait. The tooltips definitely need to be fixed to display the amount you actually heal with the trait. It's not an issue without the trait, but with it it's very inaccurate.

Archived