Instant finisher?

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

@"Napo.1230" said:If it was a thief they can do it.It's a chain skill and the last part is a finisher

Thanks for the information.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:If it was thief it was above, what class was it? Did they also have quickness?

I know one was a mesmer.

Also, if you had enough 'downed penalty' you die instead of going down. Becomes instant.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Napo.1230" said:If it was a thief they can do it.It's a chain skill and the last part is a finisher

@DemonSeed.3528 said:If it was thief it was above, what class was it? Did they also have quickness?

I know one was a mesmer.

Also, if you had enough 'downed penalty' you die instead of going down. Becomes instant.

It was my first down in both cases.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

I know one was a mesmer.

It was my first down in both cases.

Got it. The only one I know has been stated. Thief. And I think Daredevil specifically.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Without a vid or something, it is all just a guessing game.

Sounds like gw2 when theres more than 15 players on each side... and when 10 out of 15 are scourges xD.

Thiefs(with the port out and back) and mesmers can actually do an instant finisher effect, i have suffered from that once in a while.Sometimes m8 be lag or some sorta of dsync for target animations.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:So I downed multiple times in WvW last night and a few of those times some one was able to instantly finish me. I am just wondering how are they doing it. Is it a class trait or am I missing something?

One more question: were you actually in down state? Or did you just go from alive/low health to full dead?

If there was down state, then the stealth stomp from Mesmer or thief makes sense.

No downed state really only comes from the Daredevil elite skill. (Or downed penalty which you noted didn't apply.)

Hope most have given some idea as to what might have happened.

It could be 3 things:

• The 3rd hit for the chain of the thief daredevil elite.
  • Stealth is bugged, if a character leaves stealth during an animation like a finisher, you are shown the start of the animation instead the current frame. From their point of view they do the entire animation, but from your point of view they may just raise their hand and you get finished right away, or not even that if they lose stealth right as they finish.
  • If someone teleports during a finisher the closest downed enemy will be finished right away.

Archived