Random guard build destroying Ruthless Legends. Let's do this for Revenant.

Made a random guard build last night. I do not main guard, but I have one level 80 for trolling in legend on DH during Season1. Thought it was about time I tried out Firebrand.

DID NOT BOTHER with using weapon swap, only used AXE+Torch (I CAMPED THIS WEAPONSET)

Vipers Amulet, Judge's intervention, purging flames, litany of wrath, renewed focus, and teleport to ally heal.

Valor for med heals, Radiance for burn damage, Firebrand because????

5k-8k aoe burn ticks on a successful combo. What?

Can rev get this treatment? Look at how night and day the benefits of the trees are. It's like a different game almost.

@Gwaihir.1745

I don’t record my game play as I do not want people to copy me. That’s nothing new. I supplied the build though.

If there is a better build that’s cool.

My point was this was a random build made on the fly not even played to its full potential and I was repeatedly insta-gibbing ruthless legends.

Rev should have the same access to so many viable traits and skills.

@Derm.4932

Yes against engineer this build did not work due to their ability to constantly run away and cleanse.

Against meta rev and other builds that could not run away it was auto win.

The damage output was so high that was the only way to beat it. Disengage and cleanse reset.

I’m sure this build can be tweaked more also. I created it in like 5 minutes.

Tell me more how people can't cleanse one condition without any form of covers. Burn Firebrand with 11k HP and full glass specced will do a lot of damage, but you're delusional if you think it will ever out-damage a zerk herald if you let it freecast.A light breeze from literally any class will kill an 11k HP guard with no mobility, disengage and no extra toughness. Congratulations on losing all credibility on the forums!

Edit: guards doesn't really have access to a lot of trait lines. If you're playing power, you're forced into virtues and valor.

@Derm.4932 said:Guard has always been able to get burn ticks that high tho. It's not viable because you have poor amount of cover condis so any cleanse is basically guaranteed to remove all your damage.

And it dies to anyone who is smart enough to dodge/block a judge's intervention or sword 2. Burn guards can't chase outside of those two skills, and they have super poor sustain.

Nothing new dmg guards (condi and power) are no skill needed builds and carry mnoobs since they found out how retarded meditations are

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Derm.4932 said:Guard has always been able to get burn ticks that high tho. It's not viable because you have poor amount of cover condis so any cleanse is basically guaranteed to remove all your damage.

And it dies to anyone who is smart enough to dodge/block a judge's intervention or sword 2. Burn guards can't chase outside of those two skills, and they have super poor sustain.

Lol guards have very good sustain from tons of blocks and heal from meditations. And a guard don't need more than these 2 skills for a very good infight mobility, cd on sword teleport is very low and both teleports are instant. The power variant is stronger than the condi, in particular the moment the target has a condsiremove and the condi is more of a one trick pony style than the power what has good sustainded pressure aside from the oneshot combo, but thats it. Both builds are good for ppl don't wanna enable their brains during playing, no matter that a burnguard is pretty useless in pvp as long as there is some support with teamcondiremove in team and ppl pay a little attention to the 2 mainskills give buring.

@JayAction.9056 said:Made a random guard build last night. I do not main guard, but I have one level 80 for trolling in legend on DH during Season1. Thought it was about time I tried out Firebrand.

DID NOT BOTHER with using weapon swap, only used AXE+Torch (I CAMPED THIS WEAPONSET)

Vipers Amulet, Judge's intervention, purging flames, litany of wrath, renewed focus, and teleport to ally heal.

Can rev get this treatment? Look at how night and day the benefits of the trees are. It's like a different game almost.

I've fought these kinds of guards. Took a single successful Plague Signet to kill them.

@JayAction.9056 said:@Gwaihir.1745

I don’t record my game play as I do not want people to copy me. That’s nothing new. I supplied the build though.

If there is a better build that’s cool.

My point was this was a random build made on the fly not even played to its full potential and I was repeatedly insta-gibbing ruthless legends.

Rev should have the same access to so many viable traits and skills.

@Derm.4932

Yes against engineer this build did not work due to their ability to constantly run away and cleanse.

Against meta rev and other builds that could not run away it was auto win.

The damage output was so high that was the only way to beat it. Disengage and cleanse reset.

I’m sure this build can be tweaked more also. I created it in like 5 minutes.

afraid of competition ?

@JayAction.9056 said:Made a random guard build last night. I do not main guard, but I have one level 80 for trolling in legend on DH during Season1. Thought it was about time I tried out Firebrand.

LOL viper. Dude, anything with power burst can kill you in 2-3 hits. Also, 5K-8K burn ticks? Even getting these in PvE requires multiple successful attacks over 2-3 secs.

You seriously need to stop smoking this bush man.

On another note, power rev has some major issues, but damage is NOT one of them.

@otto.5684 said:

DID NOT BOTHER
with using weapon swap, only used
AXE+Torch
(I CAMPED THIS WEAPONSET)

LOL viper. Dude, anything with power burst can kill you in 2-3 hits. Also, 5K-8K burn ticks? Even getting these in PvE requires multiple successful attacks over 2-3 secs.

You seriously need to stop smoking this bush man.

On another note, power rev has some major issues, but damage is
NOT
one of them.

The burst combo was 3 attacks on quickness (about 1.5 seconds) and did 30k condition damage without the on crit proc which brings that total up to 38k without factoring in the power damage.

This burst combo also included a stun break, AOE 3 condi clear, 2k heal all as part of the combo, and was set up with quickness. Though quickness does not matter as it makes use of instant casts.

This out damages anything rev can do to an extreme.

Jumping into a group of people with this was like guaranteed 3 downs in about 5 seconds. The damage is so high there is no way to counter pressure except from range. The only thing that could deal with it was a ranger that constantly ran, and holosmith.

I would like to mention this build was put together in 5 minutes. That is my main point here. I do not main guardian but it has so many viable traits and skills you can do so much with it. In comparison to revenant which has 1 build that works... somewhat.

It has just as many counters as this.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741"

It has bleed as a cover condition.

It has multiple attacks that put out both burn and bleed. Single attacks that do over 14k damage, with short duration condis.(Quite unlike rev 14k damage over 20 seconds weak shit)

There are very few classes that can deal with that.

The same way people can cleanse condis, you can bait cleanses also. Cleansing is not really a viable counter argument or counter solution.

@JayAction.9056 said:@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741"

It has bleed as a cover condition.

It has multiple attacks that put out both burn and bleed. Single attacks that do over 14k damage, with short duration condis.(Quite unlike rev 14k damage over 20 seconds weak kitten)

There are very few classes that can deal with that.

The same way people can cleanse condis, you can bait cleanses also. Cleansing is not really a viable counter argument or counter solution.

Care to elaborate as to how cleansing ain't a counter to condition based builds?

Oh man, I also created this build one day, I won't say the profession and/or the build itself, but like I was oneshoting everyone left and right in all game modes! I will not tel you the profession and/or the build though. It's top secret. But it took me like 3 minutes to make it so you can not take a look at it. 100% reliable information guys! Trust me cuz I say so.

Edit: Also, based on this 100% undeniable proof, please buff my main!

@"JayAction.9056" said:The burst combo was 3 attacks on quickness (about 1.5 seconds)This burst combo also included a stun break, AOE 3 condi clear, 2k heal all as part of the comboJumping into a group of people with this was like guaranteed 3 downs in about 5 seconds.

Although I can appreciate this is possible to set up, you should also bear in mind that people can dodge and block this given the fact that you are burst condi loading.With the exception of perhaps Zealot's Flame [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zealot%27s_Flame] there doesn't seem to be anything which is unblockable from Firebrand.If you're offloading all your damage and condis in such a quick burst, a simple Shield Stance or Crystal Hibernation will mitigate that for 3 seconds at which point you've run out of skills to drop. Not to mention any evade/dodge.You also mention you have stunbreak, but you don't utilize stab so still susceptible to knockback..All in all, this sounds a lot like the old core Radiance/Virtues core burn Guard but with Firebrand line added but using Vipers instead of Carrion which would leave you with what? 11k hp?So yes, it's a condi-bomb setup, however if your burst fails (blocked or dodged) you've run out of pressure and are low on defense. Having bleed as your "cover condi" is really not enough since cleanses are generally abundant in the current environment.

Archived