The Wait on Refreshing AT's is Getting WAY to long...

zoopop.5630

@Jwake.7013 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:You should probably stop rewarding people for losing. Participation trophies doesn't belong in a competitive environment.

Well second place 'lost' to first, so they shouldn't get rewards? Not saying last place should get something huge but even a tiny incentive can go a long way. There's no hard and fast one way or the other with that mentality, it's all about where you draw the line in the gray area between rewarding everyone or everything going to the winner.

That post was in regards of rewarding people after each won game. So if you'd give people 7g per win, you'd get money regardless wether or not you lost the finals.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We've been fairly open that swiss is taking longer than we'd hoped. We all want them to be done, believe me. As far as the On Demand tournaments, that's definitely still planned, but it will be post-swiss. We were hoping we could do them without new UI, but it didn't work out that way.

Also this is my opinion but I do not think the rewards should be reduced.

PvE farms can generate 40g per hour. Even winning the AT finals (which takes about an hour to complete) only rewards 25g.

The amount is still less than what you'd earn in PvE and it requires your team to be good enough to make it to the very end.

The problem with not reducing rewards is that the on demand tournaments will usually likely be pretty small. One thing we've been thinking of is making a way of scaling tournament rewards by size. But this is more new code, so would probably come later.

Would it be easier to award a set amount of gold per round you advance? Rather than just have a lump sum at the end/when you get eliminated. It could be like 7g per round or something like that. 3 wins would net you 21g which is usually semis. 4 would be 28g total. This would scale up and down depending on how many teams entered as difficulty increased/decreased.

Also, if you lose in the first round I don't think you should award anything. This prevents people just multiboxing 5 players and afking at the start of the AT for free gold.

I like this idea but it doesn't exactly work when the tournament doesn't have atleast 4 rounds. Off-peak tourneys can have as few as 4 teams in them.

Yeah that's the idea. If there are only a few teams, you'd make less gold in a shorter amount of time. Either way, I feel like this would be easier to implement rather than scaling the rewards based off of size.

Just reward a set amount of gold per win in an AT. EZ

I don’t think it’s as linear as just size... an AT with good teams will be much harder than an AT with a bunch of random teams with avg players.It would be nice if there was a way to measure team MMR and scale off of that as well.

Archived