Jump to content
  • Sign Up

New fractal mistlock instability ideas


Recommended Posts

So, with the current state of fractals, even though mistlock instabilities are randomised, it still feels like we are constantly playing with same ones over and over again. That is mainly due to doing daily 99cm/100cm and picking daily fractals which have easier instabilities (avoiding social awkwardness, last laugh...). There are most likely new instabilities in the works, but i would still like to share some of my ideas:

  1. Enemies apply random movement impaired conditionsSo for this one, enemies would on hit apply either cripple, chill, or imobilize. Due to imobilize being alot stronger than the other 2, i would make it so cripple has 60% chance being applied, chill 30% and imobilize 10%. How long they would last would depend on their chances of being applied.

  2. Enemies gain a tougher defiance barNothing much to say here, bosses would have like 33% to 66% more defiance bar, so players would have to work a bit harder than just using moa etc..

  3. Enemies have a chance to reflect a crowd control skillOkay, this one would be spicy. Here players would have to pay attention to monsters buff bar, i was thinking it would work basicaly same as mesmers trait Mirror of Anquish https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirror_of_Anguish . Bosses and monsters would get this buff on around 20 second interval similar to No Pain No Gain, so once every 20 seconds, a crowd control skill would be reflected back to its source (Think of mesmer using moa on boss, and turning himself into a moa due to that).

  4. Enemies steal boons on hitBasicaly same thing as afflicted, except that instead of enemies applying conditions, they remove a boon on hit. Due to some contant hits though, it would have a cooldown, so a player can lose a boon only every 1-3seconds.

  5. Anomalies spawn randomly while in combatSimilarly how we have champion rabbits, mossman etc... spawning, it would work the same with anomalies. When anomaly is spawned, it needs to be killed in x second, otherwise big boom happens. The only problem here would be if they spawn in some unrechable places, so im not too sure about this one.

  6. Avoid each otherIm not sure how to call this one, but basicaly, every player gets one of those Keep Construct/Matthias bombs every few seconds while in combat. If you are only in your own, you take 0% damage of your maximum health, with 1 player 25%, with 2 players 50%, with 3 players 75% and with 4 players 100%

  7. Slippery terrainAll walkable terrain would work similar to SAB w2z3 ice. This sounds to me like a fun idea, but most people would probably find it one of the most annoying/hated instabilites. Im also not sure how it would work with the jumping puzzle parts in Uncategorized and Chaos fractal, would most likely have to be dissabled there, or just in the whole fractal. It could work with time intervals though (10 seconds on, 10 second off).

  8. Hard crowd control skills deal damage to sourceSimple one, every hard cc that lowers defiance bar/ccs enemies does damage back to the player. So if a player does x worth of defiance bar damage, he will be striked back x * (between 5 to 10, unsure about this one) damage. So if a players would do 300 defiance bar damage, he would be striked between 1500 to 3000.

Well, thats some of my crazy ideas, will most likely come up with more since you can go crazy with these. I would like to hear your opinions though, and if you have any instabilities you came up with, or would like to see in the game. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of these suggestions are just spikes in difficulty or annoyances. It would be better if the instabilities were modifiers rather than penalties.It would be a lot more interesting if the instabilities had both upsides and downsides. For example hamstrung would be more interesting if it started you out at 125% speed.I do like your ideas better than many of the existing instabilities though. More variety would be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate Mistlock Instabilities. As if high end fractals were not annoying enough. I don't PVP or WVW so fractals were the only other game mode i played besides raids. I quit doing fractals because they are too annoying for me now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:We already had instability no. 4. Boon thieves was an incredibly stupid piece of game design, since it completely ejected one class from fractals.

Which class out of curiosity?

Guard because mobs stole retaliation which made it a pain in the axx when playing with pugs.

Even without pugs, the BT-guard combo was a PITA. The mesmer AA did not strip it fast enough and any active removal was hardly feasible in practice. One of the most stupid pieces of game design I've encountered MMOs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:We already had instability no. 4. Boon thieves was an incredibly stupid piece of game design, since it completely ejected one class from fractals.

Which class out of curiosity?

Guard because mobs stole retaliation which made it a pain in the axx when playing with pugs.

Even without pugs, the BT-guard combo was a PITA. The mesmer AA did not strip it fast enough and any active removal was hardly feasible in practice. One of the most stupid pieces of game design I've encountered MMOs.

Ye, it was also annoying for statics or highly organized groups but those were aware of the retal while in pugs it could have easily ended in a clown fiesta. ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...