The Departure STILL BUGGED.

Bast.7253

It happened to someone else constantly earlier. I haven't even attempted it again. I don't know how everyone else has completed it and only a select few are having issues with these constant disconnects. Not only is it long due to the first fight, but it's also the most suspenseful episode yet. Which just makes it even more frustrating...

• 6 months later...

It is April of 2018 and I think the bugs still exist in more than one episode in the game, cause every time i defeat a big boss and am about to get out of the instance the game crashes too and take me to character select screen too. I had to repeat few of the scenarios like 3 times on few of my characters. Scenarios like Sparkling the flame after i killed the two big dogs that the servant of Balthazar leaves behind, finish talking to the lady that doesnt believe I want to kill the god itself the game crashes. I have to depart from Lion's Arch all over again. Was hard enough one time as to having to do it all over again 3 time. That is so annoying.

• 1 year later...

Can confirm this issue is still around, tried completing this story instance 4 times now and 2 of the times I crashed on Joko's speach at the end and 2 other times I got past the portal cutscene but crashed about 10 seconds after....

The disconnect is due to a bug that makes cutscenes mess up. Lower your settings all the way and it won't happen. There's literally an entire thread of dozens of pages explaining it and the solution, though I don't have the link handy atm..

But its essentially caused by your video card going "nope" at a specific cutscene due to a bad driver, shader or such, or, if it just disconnects and doesn't crash the game, the weight of the game on your computer leaving no CPU time to maintain the networking code.

Its a looong explanation, but cutscenes work very differently to normal gameplay.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:The disconnect is due to a bug that makes cutscenes mess up. Lower your settings all the way and it won't happen. There's literally an entire thread of dozens of pages explaining it and the solution, though I don't have the link handy atm..

But its essentially caused by your video card going "nope" at a specific cutscene due to a bad driver, shader or such, or, if it just disconnects and doesn't crash the game, the weight of the game on your computer leaving no CPU time to maintain the networking code.

Its a looong explanation, but cutscenes work very differently to normal gameplay.

lowered my settings, still got kicked off after Joko finished talking about his army and my character started speaking.

@"aPx.5248" said:Still got dc'ed after new patch.

Don't just patch, reinstall the entire game and patch from a fresh datafile (45GB), something is likely wrong with your installation. Sometimes a repair can fix it by adding the "-repair" option to the commandline and running the game, though.

Also I spoke about how it can be broken drivers and things like that as well, try another computer.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"aPx.5248" said:Still got dc'ed after new patch.

Don't just patch, reinstall the entire game and patch from a fresh datafile (45GB), something is likely wrong with your installation. Sometimes a repair can fix it by adding the "-repair" option to the commandline and running the game, though.

Also I spoke about how it can be broken drivers and things like that as well, try another computer.

I would try another computer but I don't have one that can run the game, I tried reinstalling but I'll try repairing now. I decided to skip it and do LS4 and I got past all the quests up to the descent cinematic where I got kicked off. I searched up about it and it seems to be a reocurring problem for people too. So it's clearly not just me that's having the problem and I know it's not my PC because I get 90 fps around the game in cities and other areas. I'll try to see if I have any other drivers to update other than graphics that I updated yesterday and report back.

Archived