Yes or no questions...nothing more

Will there be any new races introduced in gw2, a year from now or even 5 years from now. Either as a playable race or not. Yes or no?.

I regard this as a yes or no question because i dont really want spoilers but i love to know what the possibilities are.

Edit: im terrible at thinking of titles for posts. Sorrys

Discussion about race changing at the ANet headquarters was captured by spying through the office microwave. What they had to say about this topic was: “

“Our horizontal management structure center is focused on new ways to aggregate the consumer space through multiplatform deployments of synergy. We can move the needle holistically or quantify but if we move the needle we will be lagging in frictionless corporate social responsibility”

At that point the microwave self-destructed in an attempt to save its own sanity.

Their response was mildly unclear but by running it through google translate to Chinese and back again 15 times I extracted this meaning from it.

“Players who want a race change can buy a new character slot and use tomes or a level 80 boost.”

99% chance of no to a new race.

The thing is, they cant actually do anything exotic in terms of races. It would have to be carbon copy physique from one of the existing races, which would offer literally nothing new. Its far more effective to offer better customisation for existing races (ie hair, faces etc).

Why am I so negative about it? Simple - there are literally thousands of armor skins in GW2. A new unique race would mean all of it except race specific would have to be remade for that physique. It's not going to happen.

Well there was never, ever going to be an expac--until there was. So I suspect nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Presuming they could get around the skinning issue, it would be cool if they added a new race, which has it's own, original PS set within the current events (perhaps with an accelerated EXP gain to shorten leveling), that merges with the storyline your existing characters would start on. It would take some clever writing and perhaps alternate dialogue sets to deal with the lack of built-in history. And some of that could be handled in the unique PS, like meeting (and gaining trust/respect of) Dragon's Watch members during PS (perhaps replacing their "slain" former commander near the end). That could be some fun writing if they put the work into it.

Playable races: as other people have said, most likely no. But, what they seem to have missed is that the op said, "Either as a playable race or not." So in other words, and you can correct me if I got this wrong @Eddbopkins.2630, but you also want to know if there is a chance that there will be a new non-playable race. The answer to this is most likely yes seeing that several non-playable races were introduced into the game after it was released.

@DeanBB.4268 said:As Mr. Cedo says, good luck. Anet holds their cards close, they've been burned too many times to talk about future plans until they are coming out in the near future.

I'm guessing no new races, ever.

My guess as well. If I were ANet, it would be WAY down my list. It's all about income stream and manpower - if they have a choice of spending manpower on either reimplementing huge amounts of existing stuff for a new race, or adding new content, it's easy to see which is more likely to push peoples' buttons and bring in the income.

Archived