Is Ascended gear worth all the trouble vs zerkers?

@"XzionLegacy.7489" said:I just recently got back into the game and remembered i was working on ascended gear. I got a chest piece, but thats it. I have the rest as zerkers. is it worth continuing the grind?

It is not urgent, but if you play anything that isn't ranked PvP, it is worth it, yes. It is about 5-10 percent more stats overall. (I assume you mean the rest as exotics, because you can have Berserker ascended gear for power builds too.)

also, whats the best staff ele build?

What for? Eh, don't bother telling me, the answer is gonna be found at https://metabattle.com/wiki/Elementalist anyway.

Actually i noticed i have mostly marauder with one valkryie and one berserker. i think im mostly going to be doing pve.when i was last playing i was working toward the legendary staff. but i only have 3 of the 13 items found.basically all i want to know is should i be going into farming all that right now getting back into it

@XzionLegacy.7489 said:Actually i noticed i have mostly marauder with one valkryie and one berserker. i think im mostly going to be doing pve.when i was last playing i was working toward the legendary staff. but i only have 3 of the 13 items found.basically all i want to know is should i be going into farming all that right now getting back into it

and yes the gear i have is all exotic with one ascended peice

@XzionLegacy.7489 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Ascended is totally worth it atleast when you infuse all your Gear. Infusions only gives you +80 to one stat and that is basically one more ascended armor piece.

and how do you go about infusing?

Infusions can be bought from Laurel vendor (with laurels) from fractal of the mist lobby (with fractal currency/gold) or from wvw (with wvw currency/gold). Not sure If there is other ways to get em. Basically you put 1infusion/Gear and it adds +5for one stat and you can use 16 infusions at same Time. Sry not native english speaker.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Ascended is totally worth it atleast when you infuse all your Gear. Infusions only gives you +80 to one stat and that is basically one more ascended armor piece.

Infusions can be bought from Laurel vendor (with laurels) from fractal of the mist lobby (with fractal currency/gold) or from wvw (with wvw currency/gold). Not sure If there is other ways to get em. Basically you put 1infusion/Gear and it adds +5for one stat and you can use 16 infusions at same Time. Sry not native english speaker.

thank you for the help!like i said havent played in a long time and trying to get back into it. im already 80 witth exotics so i just wanna know how to work the end game. much appreciated.

@XzionLegacy.7489 said:

thank you for the help!like i said havent played in a long time and trying to get back into it. im already 80 witth exotics so i just wanna know how to work the end game. much appreciated.

Yes. Point to word endgame, only place where you need them is in raids, and Even there they arent must. They are just something for ppl who really love to min/Max. But ascended armor is more important, coz without it you cant do fractals

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

But to get that +80 bonus with +5 stat infusions you need a ton of gold.

Or only some laurels and wvw tokens ^^

But only if you plan of never doing fractals because they offer no AR.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

He is talking about endgame, so you can either have 2 set of Gear or use those items that let you remove infusion (25silver/piece, so not that expensive)

Or invest 1.7k gold for +9ar/+5 infusions, again not that Bad for endgame player

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

He is talking about endgame, so you can either have 2 set of Gear or use those items that let you remove infusion (25silver/piece, so not that expensive)

Or invest 1.7k gold for +9ar/+5 infusions, again not that Bad for endgame player

To me, 1.7k g for +80 stat is really bad, it's a boost barely noticeable compared to the amount of gold spent.Also having to use the extractor device everytime you switch to and from fractal mode is annoying as hell.Having 2 sets is a good compromise to my taste.

@Susy.7529 said:

To me, 1.7k g for +80 stat is really bad, it's a boost barely noticeable compared to the amount of gold spent.Also having to use the extractor device everytime you switch to and from fractal mode is annoying as hell.Having 2 sets is a good compromise to my taste.

and this iis where idk what anything means lol

@Susy.7529 said:

Yeah it is pretty much gold for me too, but not for some of our endgamers are buying 10k infusions etc anyway.

@XzionLegacy.7489 said:

and this iis where idk what anything means lol

There are infusions that gives you 2 stats +9 for agony resistance (thing that keeps you alive in fractals and is must) and +5 for stat. 16 of those cost atleast1.7k gold. And we talked that its easier to craft 2 ascended sets, one with agony resistance and other with +5infusions

Extractor device let you remove ur infusion with cost of 25 silver/infusion.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Ascended is totally worth it atleast when you infuse all your Gear. Infusions only gives you +80 to one stat and that is basically one more ascended armor piece.Stat infusions actually are just a small part of the benefits of ascended gear. For a power class, fully ascended gear offers a ~10% damage boost over exotic stuff. Stat infusions add just another 2-3%.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Ascended is totally worth it atleast when you infuse all your Gear. Infusions only gives you +80 to one stat and that is basically one more ascended armor piece.Stat infusions actually are just a small part of the benefits of ascended gear. For a power class, fully ascended gear offers a ~10% damage boost over exotic stuff. Stat infusions add just another 2-3%.

Yeah. For min/maxing only, but well every % counts If we are talking about endgame right.If some1 is however pretty new IMO he can craft his ascended gear and pretty much forget those infusions until he feels that they are needed. It can be Week after or never.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Yeah. For min/maxing only, but well every % counts If we are talking about endgame right.If some1 is however pretty new IMO he can craft his ascended gear and pretty much forget those infusions until he feels that they are needed. It can be Week after or never.

Taking into account the cost of stat infusions, I view them as little more than a bonus. They're nice to have, but I won't blame anyone who does not have them. If someone's performance sucks without infusions, having them would make exactly 0 difference.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

Taking into account the cost of stat infusions, I view them as little more than a bonus. They're nice to have, but I won't blame anyone who does not have them. If someone's performance sucks without infusions, having them would make exactly 0 difference.

You are right in this one. However cost isnt the proplem imo. Its only laurels for +4 and laurels and wvw tokens for +5.Lets make it short, they arent needed but they are good goal for endgame IF you like min/Max.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

You are right in this one. However cost isnt the proplem imo. Its only laurels for +4 and laurels and wvw tokens for +5.Lets make it short, they arent needed but they are good goal for endgame IF you like min/Max.

Buying those as a PvE player is a spectacular waste of laurels in most cases. As soon as you want to step into fractals, those infusions are worthless. I assume the group of raiders who never do fractals is rather small and for open world, you simply don't need infusions.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

Buying those as a PvE player is a spectacular waste of laurels in most cases. As soon as you want to step into fractals, those infusions are worthless. I assume the group of raiders who never do fractals is rather small and for open world, you simply don't need infusions.

Well what Else to buy with laurels? And sooner or later you have over 500 of them anyway. And for endgame, ppl usually have 2 or more Sets of gear with different runes, infusions or what ever.

I still agree that you dont need em, its just a goal, like cool skin or A-points

Archived