Thief in raids

Can't comment on pug groups OP, but when I post an lfg to get a fill for my static, Ill just write "wing x,y,z need dps" and we will tend to accept just about anything. We all are running dps meters so if someone can't do passable dps we will kick based on their performance not some preconceived notion of which class is good. You should try to find a group like ours and play with them. Pugging sucks anyways.

@"thrag.9740" said:Can't comment on pug groups OP, but when I post an lfg to get a fill for my static, Ill just write "wing x,y,z need dps" and we will tend to accept just about anything. We all are running dps meters so if someone can't do passable dps we will kick based on their performance not some preconceived notion of which class is good. You should try to find a group like ours and play with them. Pugging sucks anyways.

Yeah. I do play with statistic group and it is much fun. Game needs More players like you.

@"thrag.9740" said:Can't comment on pug groups OP, but when I post an lfg to get a fill for my static, Ill just write "wing x,y,z need dps" and we will tend to accept just about anything. We all are running dps meters so if someone can't do passable dps we will kick based on their performance not some preconceived notion of which class is good. You should try to find a group like ours and play with them. Pugging sucks anyways.

Indeed, that's the most sensible thing. Though while we're at thieves as a topic, I remember the last pug thief we got at some Dhuum evening. Went down frequently, used very mighty heal/precision food and did a little more dps than our support chronos. Such people are the reason why thieves have a bad reputation.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

Indeed, that's the most sensible thing. Though while we're at thieves as a topic, I remember the last pug thief we got at some Dhuum evening. Went down frequently, used very mighty heal/precision food and did a little more dps than our support chronos. Such people are the reason why thieves have a bad reputation.

Same can be Said about any class tho. I was looking dps for our gorse run and ele joined..well he was in celestial gear ^^

Not an issue with thief, but with people. Everyone who is remotely reasonable knows that every class can fill a DPS role in some fashion. Join a static group if it becomes a problem, but in reality everyone who reads these just needs to be a part in making the PUG community more accepting...one person at a time.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Ty for your post. I just cant understand how most of the thief player tend to be in downstate most of The time. Im not IMO good player and i think its hard to die as thief mostly coz of evades/mobility.Again vale Guardian as example. Blue circles: just Dodge em like you do in ur rotation anyway.Got ported: use Steal or stolen item to Port Back to fight.

I guess ill need to stick with my weaver for pug raids.

What CptAurellian said + look at one of the latest threads about outhealing VG. It can be a disaster in pugs and I've already seen that in high li/kp requirement groups myself. If things go down the hill a thief is most likely one of the first professions that is dead on the floor in VG fights. So, it doesn't matter if you and few others are able to survive while the majority of thieves are just dead in those scenarios. The experience comes from the average pug player not the ones you met that were superior.

Wait... What. As a thief main I am really curious about how thief is the first to drop dead in VG. And just to be sure... You mean vale guardian right?

Unless that tank is real bad at kiting it... Your mobility will keep you from getting murdered by heat seeking fluff balls and out of the stupid. You can even bounce into the stupid to stop a group while and get out before you die.

Thieves might not contribute more than OK damage but we can stop a party whipe from across the map and still not die.l

This is a weird example to say thief does bad, because D/D deadeye is one of the most solid DPS picks in VG. It can deal a very decent DPS (normally about 21-25k), brings enough CC and can help pushing orbs with shadow gust. My favourite boss to play with thief.

@lkilian.1854 said:This is a weird example to say thief does bad, because D/D deadeye is one of the most solid DPS picks in VG. It can deal a very decent DPS (normally about 21-25k), brings enough CC and can help pushing orbs with shadow gust. My favourite boss to play with thief.

You also didn't understand it: Generally a thief is not a bad class for raiding. It's the overwhelming majority being bad as thief so a lot of squads do not want to see them. You never know whom to get and it's most likely that the next thief joining your squad is awful than being useful.

Archived