Minions skins?

Graymalkyn.8076

I love my necro, but hate the minions' appearance. Is there any chance we could get them to look like the awakened? It wouldn't have to change the powers...just the appearance. How about something like a skin-pack from the BLTC that we could buy to change the skins? That way if someone doesn't want to change the look, they don't have to.

I would like this change as I run MM a lot. It would be fun to add different cosmetic vibes to the minions. An SAB, Christmas, or Spooky Set would look good without making the minions not look like minions. Awakened could be done as long as the minion retains it's basic shape but with Awakened aesthetics. I get PVP players wouldn't want too random a change to appearance that they could be mistaken for a different minion, mini, or NPC.

@Brujeria.7536 said:I would love the idea but i doubt it. I mean its just a skill after all, and while i think purchaseable new skill effects would be a huge source of income for the gemshop Anet lacks the manpower to do these on a frequent basis for all classes.

There is another thread discussing the general idea, inspired by Path of Exile, which sells skill effects.

Unfortunately, like I said there, this would actually be a huge effort, and involve changing basically every aspect of the entire game system: server, client, databases, everything. Right now all you need to know is that a specific spell is happening, and you can draw it. With the change you need to know the spell, and which skin is applied to it, so like dye channels for weapons, that means touching a heck of a lot of things for comparatively little reward.

Archived