Can we get voice chat?

It's really frustrating having teammates who don't know how to rotate. Voice chat would help solve this issue. A lot of people are asking for duo/team que because having communication helps a lot, especially for higher tier players who are forced to carry PUGs who are in plat 1 or gold.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the 3rd time now, no it wouldn’t. Considering the general level of salt and bad sportsmanship that happens in ranked team chat already do you really want to add onto that family arguments in the background, some uncivilised pleb chomping food into the mic, a couple not realising the mic is on push to talk as well as various other rude and border line racist/anti Semitic comments?

This player base behaves childish enough to not trust them with voice communication in game. An argument could be made for many to not be allowed use of the internet but sadly that seems to rapidly be becoming a basic human right in many 1st world countries.

@apharma.3741 said:For the 3rd time now, no it wouldn’t. Considering the general level of salt and bad sportsmanship that happens in ranked team chat already do you really want to add onto that family arguments in the background, some uncivilised pleb chomping food into the mic, a couple not realising the mic is on push to talk as well as various other rude and border line racist/anti Semitic comments?

This player base behaves childish enough to not trust them with voice communication in game. An argument could be made for many to not be allowed use of the internet but sadly that seems to rapidly be becoming a basic human right in many 1st world countries.

That's why you also add a mute button like basically every other competitive game does.

For the people that can actually conduct themselves properly and try hard to climb, voice comms would help a lot. But then again, you're one of the people that enjoys solo quing with players a whole division under you that have terrible mechanics and can't rotate. If you're happy with that, good for you.

@"shadowpass.4236" said:It's really frustrating having teammates who don't know how to rotate. Voice chat would help solve this issue. A lot of people are asking for duo/team que because having communication helps a lot, especially for higher tier players who are forced to carry PUGs who are in plat 1 or gold.

Voice chat is something that is impossible to implement. However, instead of voice chat, I was thinking about having chat notification sounds or "ping" sounds on chat channels other than whisper. Everyone in GW2 knows that the only time you ever hear a notification/ping sound is when someone whispers you. So why not add in the option for players to enable ping sounds on channels other than whisper?

any other competitive game especially shooter ones have this ability.it really helps alot and also if someone dont fancy you much you can mute him

i dont see why notlot of ppl i used to play with type in chat they need help so instead to type back you can talk with them

if we keep design the game around bad players we would get bad game design

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@"shadowpass.4236" said:It's really frustrating having teammates who don't know how to rotate. Voice chat would help solve this issue. A lot of people are asking for duo/team que because having communication helps a lot, especially for higher tier players who are forced to carry PUGs who are in plat 1 or gold.

Voice chat is something that is impossible to implement. However, instead of voice chat, I was thinking about having chat notification sounds or "ping" sounds on chat channels other than whisper. Everyone in GW2 knows that the only time you ever hear a notification/ping sound is when someone whispers you. So why not add in the option for players to enable ping sounds on channels other than whisper?

you already have ping options. no one is listening to them as you cant address them to one players

We have the option already, but it's out-sorced. You need to have discord/ts and be quick in pregame to set it up with your team :)Having Anet dedicate resources to get that functionality in game is not optimal use of their resources IMO. It's better to work on other things, stuff that generates net profit and/or brings QoL to players. Also, i see a lot of players playing thry some exotic links to amazon's servers complaining on lag, putting even more traffic in game would not help with that. But it could aggravate the issue for them.

@messiah.1908 said:

you already have ping options. no one is listening to them as you cant address them to one players

Bcuz no matter what, there's wayyyy to much trash talking in this pvp community. & with voice chat implemented, it will become worst...& i mean WORST... then Neverwinter voice chat trash talking. & there's just ton's of snowflake players who can't handle being insulted that will just be more then happy to smash the REPORT button's witch in my book is the worst type of players in this community. Bloc button's seem not to be working so why mute be any different when you have rats that rather keep reporting trash talkers? To me it's a waste of time, money & dev resources to developed a working voice chat.

@"shadowpass.4236" said:It's really frustrating having teammates who don't know how to rotate. Voice chat would help solve this issue.

I have some great news for you: it already exists!!!!11!!!!

You can find it at:

...and a range of other providers. Asking ANet to integrate one of those is pretty unnecessary given that they all can provide an overlay on the running game to display whatever it is that the game might want to.

PvP is already a very toxic environment. Voice chat is plentiful outside the game itself if you need that level of coordination. But inside the game??? Absolutely not.

People are already doing their best to ruin what little fun is left in PvP. Voice chat would only serve to exacerbate this problem.

@Sinful.2165 said:PvP is already a very toxic environment. Voice chat is plentiful outside the game itself if you need that level of coordination. But inside the game??? Absolutely not.

People are already doing their best to ruin what little fun is left in PvP. Voice chat would only serve to exacerbate this problem.

Exactly what i said 2 post up.

I don't think 90% of you read the part where I said there would also be a MUTE button.

At least with in game voice chat, you'd have the option to communicate with your teammates.

Also, it doesn't take a genius to realize how difficult it is to get PUGs to install/join your servers in teamspeak/discord. Most of them won't care enough to put in the extra effort. However, if it was built into the game, a lot of them wouldn't mind.

For the record, in game voice chat is used in most competitive games. The most popular one that uses it is Fortnite and I have never heard anyone complain about it.

Another thing I've noticed is that basically everyone opposed to this idea wants to keep ranked que solo only. Ecks dee

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Brother.1504" said:In game voice chat would open players up do loads of abuse. This is the internet, many people don’t feel bound to the norms of common courtesy and civility.

Mute. Button.

Snowflakes that feel's the abuse don't know how to use mute button. They know only how to cry & report & get ppl bann cuz there feelings got hurt.

"Some people are less intelligent than others so let's punish the ones whose brains actually function properly."

Not to mention if someone gets upset, other people on their team will literally just tell them to mute whoever is bothering them.

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells would be able to use an in game voice chat as its literally in almost every single large PvP game.

Overwatch, Smite, Fortnite, etc. etc. They all use in game voice chat. It's kind of silly to argue that its a bad idea because its turned out pretty darn well in much more popular and successful games.

It is... Cuz ppl can't stop reporting & getting player banned cuz there boohoo poor feelings got hurt instead of just plainly bloc them. In a game like Gw2 pvp with such a low population having ban players cuz they badmouth trash talk other players is not a solution. Muting or blocking would be. Remove report system for verbal abuse & i'm in. Other then that i'm not.

The chief reason among a slew of others as to why we need In-game voice chat is universality of communication. At present, I may use Discord but oops, you are a Mumble peep, and that person uses Ventrillo and oh, lookie! That person is still using TeamSpeak. Yeah, it's a PITA.

@Elva.6372 said:The chief reason among a slew of others as to why we need In-game voice chat is universality of communication. At present, I may use Discord but oops, you are a Mumble peep, and that person uses Ventrillo and oh, lookie! That person is still using TeamSpeak. Yeah, it's a PITA.

& that point was pointed out already! So what new argument exactly are you bringing out to the table? NONE! WE already explained why it's a bad idea. & you bring nothing but the same argument that already pointed out 3 times on this thread.

let's keep listening and taking all advise/feedback from players below plat2. This game isn't gonna grow with the amount of people arguing against basic team design applications. Having Voce is 100% better then randomly Drawing a circle or mass Pinging something for people to understand where to go.

I been trying to keep this game alive for a majority of the community by doing events and what not but if the Devs don't care to help or even do some basic stuff to help fix "rank" other then changing the "match making" every few months then noting going to ever improve at all. With a Bunch of New games coming out , I don't expect the next season to have a Good amount of players for rank with Bless coming out and the solution still not being found on how to make match making better for plat2+ players over all other then playing during prime time and rng good players.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 I honestly want to see something being done overall with how to help address low tier player on how to play this game other then surging everything and thinking middle is the only option to win.

@Vieux P.1238 said:& that point was pointed out already! So what new argument exactly are you bringing out to the table? NONE! WE already explained why it's a bad idea. & you bring nothing but the same argument that already pointed out 3 times on this thread.

I am not convinced, no persuasive arguments made that effectively countered my chief point. I've played other games, seen how it works, GW2 is NOT such a unique snowflake in the industry that somehow adding a voluntary in game chat (meaning you could decline using it) would somehow equate to OMFG cats and dogs living together!

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@apharma.3741 said:For the 3rd time now, no it wouldn’t. Considering the general level of salt and bad sportsmanship that happens in ranked team chat already do you really want to add onto that family arguments in the background, some uncivilised pleb chomping food into the mic, a couple not realising the mic is on push to talk as well as various other rude and border line racist/anti Semitic comments?

That's why you also add a mute button like basically every other competitive game does.

For the people that can actually conduct themselves properly and try hard to climb, voice comms would help a lot. But then again, you're one of the people that enjoys solo quing with players a whole division under you that have terrible mechanics and can't rotate. If you're happy with that, good for you.

If you want to try hard, create a discord server with an easy to type name which people can quickly type out and join you at the start of a match.

A lot of games used to have voip as standard a long time ago, they realised it was pointless because most people muted it after a few games. The online generation has proven time and time again it cannot be trusted with toys so it will have to do without toys.

Being in a game with someone lower than you has nothing to do with being on coms and everything to do with them either refusing to learn or people refusing to offer advise in a constructive manner usually. Even when people think they’re being nice they’re usually not.

Archived