Is there a profession you love mechanically but can't get into thematically or vice versa

Akrib.4297

For me It's Guardian. I used to main Guardian back around the times of Scarlet's attack but ended up taking a break for a few years (having returned just before the release of PoF) and just wasn't able to wrap my head around the mechanics anymore. I love the Guardian because I love the Paladin/monk type classes in other games such as WoW and Final Fantasy, and since the Guardian seems to be the closest thing to a Paladin it just seemed like a natural fit.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Necromancer. I love thematically but I've always hated the shroud mechanic up until Scourge. Locking out our weapon and utility skills has always bugged me.

i dont see it as being locked up, id rather see it as another set of weapons, so you swap between 3 instead of 2, dont see the problem there

for me its guard, i like the straight in your face up close and personal classes without cowardly tricks like thief ir mesmer, but guard feels clunky to me, thats why i stick to warrior, feels smother, even tho all his skill are telegraphed as hell

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Necromancer. I love thematically but I've always hated the shroud mechanic up until Scourge. Locking out our weapon and utility skills has always bugged me.

i dont see it as being locked up, id rather see it as another set of weapons, so you swap between 3 instead of 2, dont see the problem there

for me its guard, i like the straight in your face up close and personal classes without cowardly tricks like thief ir mesmer, but guard feels clunky to me, thats why i stick to warrior, feels smother, even tho all his skill are telegraphed as hell

I only like the core virtues on guard to be honest. Can't really get into dh or fb.

Revenant. Cool class idea, but it needs to be scrapped and reworked from the ground up. It's unplayable, and I've been able to play everything else. I just can't...

Aside from that obvious one...

Elementalist - love the idea, the mechanic is a little daunting. Been trying out the conjured weapons as a way around the mechanic.Mesmer - Pink? Ugh... I try to ignore it, but seriously... Love the class otherwise.

Archived