Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged}

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they don't release the trailer tomorrow they'll likely not release the episode june 5. That means they'll be later than 3 months since last episode and while I don't hold them strictly to that timeframe (it's a goal, not writ in stone) I do expect either a trailer or a message tomorrow.

On a selfish note, since my playtime will be severly limited next week, I'll be fine with the episode coming june 12 :D

Doesn't matter to me Summersets out anyway; they might wait two or three weeks because of that so ESO doesn't steal GW2s thunder.

I'm just saying why release a content patch now just after another game has dropped a major expansion; you'd have less casuals popping in to buy fancy outfits/mounts off of the Gem Store at that point. If I were in charge I'd hold Episode 3 back until mid June to let the tourists get sick enough of Summerset to get excited about a new LW Episode.

Personally, I have no hurry. I am not one rushing at doing everything within the first days after a new episode has been downloaded. I take my time at things. The consequence is that I have a huge list of undone achievements that have piled over time.

• Good side: When many complain they have nothing left to do, me I have. I never get bored in the game thanks to that.
  • Bad side: Each new LS is of course nice because I enjoy to see new content, but it means more adds to my pile of "things to be done when I get the time". By now, this pile has become an Everest! =)

I know I am probably an exception, but me I am glad for the breaks between 2 new LS episodes and if they take a bit longer, it suits me better. :3

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Cerioth.7062" said:That_shaman posted a datamine on reddit a week back and it showed three new gemstore items which likely means we are not getting trailer this week, but next week with E3.

Why would a post showing datamined gemstore items mean no trailer?

I think it's based on past patterns; there are enough new gem store items to not need another patch for three weeks assuming one gem store item releases a week.

Last week it was the Elonian Elementalist Outfit, this week they'll release either the Sunspear Glider or the Choya harvesting tool and next week they'll release the other one, this makes it unlikely that they're planning on another patch to add Episode 3 either this week or next. As the trailers come the week before the episode it's unlikely that the trailer will be this week rather it will be next week.

That said it is of course possible that they could release both the glider and the choya harvesting tool this week and release Episode 3 next week in which case there will be a trailer today it's just that based on the past patterns it's less likely.

@"Cerioth.7062" said:That_shaman posted a datamine on reddit a week back and it showed three new gemstore items which likely means we are not getting trailer this week, but next week with E3.

Why would a post showing datamined gemstore items mean no trailer?

I think it's based on past patterns; there are enough new gem store items to not need another patch for three weeks assuming one gem store item releases a week.

Last week it was the Elonian Elementalist Outfit, this week they'll release either the Sunspear Glider or the Choya harvesting tool and next week they'll release the other one, this makes it unlikely that they're planning on another patch to add Episode 3 either this week or next. As the trailers come the week before the episode it's unlikely that the trailer will be this week rather it will be next week.

That said it is of course possible that they could release both the glider and the choya harvesting tool this week and release Episode 3 next week in which case there will be a trailer today it's just that based on the past patterns it's less likely.

I suppose. However I don’t think his post holds up logically, for two reasons. One, things ANet is planning to sell in the gemstore shouldn’t have any tie to when ANet releases a trailer and two, even if they did some of those items are already in the gemstore.

Archived