Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged}

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:I'm seriously too depressed to be angry or disappointed.

I will say this though, this game ran a lot better when MO was at the wheel. Lets look at MO's track record perfectly executed LW Season 3 with a fast turn around time on Path of Fire.

Mike Z, Episode 2 late, Episode 3 might as well be my pizza that was already 2 hours late and got delivered to the wrong house.

Colin's was even better. LWS1 was one of the most fun I've ever had. Every 2-4 weeks we had something to do whether it's new achievements, new festivals (queen's jubilee, dragon bash, festival of four winds, etc), Marionette fight or something else. There was so much to do. The current living story schedule absolutely sucks in comparison and is having a negative impact.

They better release trailer next week and patch on June 26th like that shaman said or complains will be much greater than now...

@Pifil.5193 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:Still no trailer and it has been well over 3 months already.....

Can we please go back to LWS1 schedule and content instead of the content drought that we have today?

That was too quick for me honestly.

And this is way too slow for the rest of us and we don't even know if we'll get anything this month at all. They are already over 3 months and if we take their schedule into account it is 4 eposodes (content that lasts only 3-4 days) in one year....

And yeah they maybe holding back a little in prep for E3, so what cant be anything other than good for the game if E3 offers a platform for ANET to promote.

They're only at E3 for business meetings, they have no presence on the floor at all and no presentations or announcements planned.

I said maybe.. In the context of.. it doesn't matter either way. The update will arrive when it's ready. Those crying day after day this past few weeks just cos they haven't seen a trailer or the update hasn't landed yet - just need to take a couple of kalma pills, wash them down with a glass of your favourite drink and chill the heck out. Some of you are talking like its the end of the world or that your lives depended on ANET delivering the update naowww!!

@Zaraki.5784 said:

I will say this though, this game ran a lot better when MO was at the wheel. Lets look at MO's track record perfectly executed LW Season 3 with a fast turn around time on Path of Fire.

Mike Z, Episode 2 late, Episode 3 might as well be my pizza that was already 2 hours late and got delivered to the wrong house.

Colin's was even better. LWS1 was one of the most fun I've ever had. Every 2-4 weeks we had something to do whether it's new achievements, new festivals (queen's jubilee, dragon bash, festival of four winds, etc), Marionette fight or something else. There was so much to do. The current living story schedule absolutely sucks in comparison and is having a negative impact.

They better release trailer next week and patch on June 26th like that shaman said or complains will be much greater than now...

You mean from the same few right here that seemingly have nothing else to fill their days with.... #sadfaces

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:I'm seriously too depressed to be angry or disappointed.

All criticisms/complaints that they'll receive is justified. They had already delayed episode 2 by a week (and they notified it) but now the delay is out of control since they keep us waiting without any information or communication in the last 2 weeks regarding. We don't even know if we'll get the long awaited episode this month since it "will be outside of their release cadence".

This is a very critical time since Anet have a lot of competition in this genre (mainly due to 3 other big MMOs I'll not name) and long delays like this hurts the game badly.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

You mean from the same few right here that seemingly have nothing else to fill their days with.... #sadfaces

No I meant from people that trusted that shaman's guess and stayed silent all this time but they will explode if that June 26th date isn't observed.

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:I'm seriously too depressed to be angry or disappointed.

All criticisms/complaints that they'll receive is justified. They had already delayed episode 2 by a week (and they notified it) but now the delay is out of control since they keep us waiting without any information or communication in the last 2 weeks regarding. We don't even know if we'll get the long awaited episode this month since it "will be outside of their release cadence".

This is a very critical time since Anet have a lot of competition in this genre (mainly due to 3 other big MMOs I'll not name) and long delays like this hurts the game badly.

OMG the delay is now almost 3wks old.. it's out of control.. someone get da police.Seriously... 3months, 4months so what.. take a look at other MMO's where a year or more for content is not unheard of, yet players still play them, the sky hasn't fallen, the apocalypse hasn't happened and guess what - ANET delaying a little bit of content isn't going to change any of that.

That's the problem with giving players dates and schedules, no matter what someone is always going to cry foul as if the sky really is going to fall because of it.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

OMG the delay is now almost 3wks old.. it's out of control.. someone get da police.Seriously... 3months, 4months so what.. take a look at other MMO's where a year or more for content is not unheard of, yet players still play them, the sky hasn't fallen, the apocalypse hasn't happened and guess what - ANET delaying a little bit of content isn't going to change any of that.

That's the problem with giving players dates and schedules, no matter what someone is always going to cry foul as if the sky really is going to fall because of it.

Their populations are not very healthy though, even a game like WoW see's steep drop offs in subscriptions after the end of an expansion cycle.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:this week they're more concerned about business.Every week, they are concerned about business. They make business deals every week. E3 just presents an opportunity of convenience for certain types of meetings to take place, for schmoozing, and so on.

You seem to still be under the misapprehension that they can only do one thing at a time. Their business negotiators might be at E3 and they might even bring a team lead or two, but how would that possibly have any impact on development?

The only reason that LS4.3 is delayed — the only reason that any episode is delayed — is that the code isn't ready.

The goal for them is to release a new story every 2-3 months. Obviously they have missed the mark with this episode; there's no conclusions we can draw from that except that it's later than they (and we) would like.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:this week they're more concerned about business.Every week, they are concerned about business. They make business deals every week. E3 just presents an opportunity of convenience for certain types of meetings to take place, for schmoozing, and so on.

You seem to still be under the misapprehension that they can only do one thing at a time. Their business negotiators might be at E3 and they might even bring a team lead or two, but how would that possibly have any impact on development?

The only reason that LS4.3 is delayed — the only reason that any episode is delayed — is that the code isn't ready.

The goal for them is to release a new story every 2-3 months. Obviously they have missed the mark with this episode; there's no conclusions we can draw from that except that it's later than they (and we) would like.

Is what it is, if you find this acceptable and deserving of financial support then all the power to you, I've got different standards.

I get what you're saying, I just don't care I expect results after a certain point, we are past that point for me now so until they improve I see no reason to support them.

@"Tyson.5160" said:Something to consider guys, these LW teams are separate, episode 3 could be late, however we could could have a smaller gap now between 3 and 4.

Nah. The excuse for LW 4-3 being late isn't "it's taking too long to make", it's "we're changing something that will affect our content development and delivery". This will hit all of the LW teams. That means everything gets shifted back some to adjust, we're just seeing the majority of the overall shift right now.

FAMCalm down.Arenanet has stated in a very specific post in the forums that the next ep is on the way, but they want it to be perfect. seeing people salivating for a trailer is awesome. reading about people getting upset that nothing was revealed at e3 despite knowing fully well that the devs stated nothing was going to be revealed at e3 is a little crazy. Do I wanna see a trailer? You bet your sweet Bippy. but i am going to be patient, and bide my time. Do i want a new episode? absolutely. but again, I am going to bide my time. I know that i do want an episode that is gonna blow me away and be on point and be able to live up to the hype, and if that means waiting just a wee bit longer, then i am fine with that.you all should be fine with it too.

@"Tyson.5160" said:Something to consider guys, these LW teams are separate, episode 3 could be late, however we could could have a smaller gap now between 3 and 4.

Ahahah nice joke, knowing anet they'll put up some usual excuse to delay LS4 as well, I'm already seeing it: "We care about contents we give to our playerbase so, in order to polish it for the best, we'll delay LS4 release for 666 years. Have fun."

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Here's a funny thought, what if Episode 3 is delayed so much they release Episode 4 because it's ready?

Back in season 3, it was taking them 6-7 months to develop an episode (it's now 9-11 months). By the time episode 3 releases, assuming June 26, it will have been 7 months since episode 1. Episode 4 could actually be complete by then, but they'd still delay it by ~3 months, otherwise team 3 would lose that much development time on their next episode.

@Healix.5819 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Here's a funny thought, what if Episode 3 is delayed so much they release Episode 4 because it's ready?

Back in season 3, it was taking them 6-7 months to develop an episode (it's now 9-11 months). By the time episode 3 releases, assuming June 26, it will have been 7 months since episode 1. Episode 4 could actually be complete by then, but they'd still delay it by ~3 months, otherwise team 3 would lose that much development time on their next episode.

Where are you getting the 9-11 months?

This began to burn way before I expected...I suppose it is logical, since they didn't do ANYTHING for the fans in E3.I understand they (probably) were never going to do anything, but frankly it is a very bad idea to acknowledge publicly about assisting to a massive event so famous for its big announcements for players, without having anything to show. They could have maintained a low profile instead, don't they?IDK, I'm not exactly rushed about the new episode, but when you add the E3 lack of anything interesting, it sure seems like a little fiasco.

So we are getting longer episodes, better quality episodes (s3 was an inconsistent mish mash), a realisation that this requires a bit more time to make and to quash bugs....and this is meant to representing poor direction?

It is a few weeks late to keep the quality up. This is a good thing.

I just cant fathom complaints over content being slightly longer in lead times (by a miniscule amount no less) in an industry where pretty much every major product gets delayed.

@Ardid.7203 said:This began to burn way before I expected...I suppose it is logical, since they didn't do ANYTHING for the fans in E3.I understand they (probably) were never going to do anything, but frankly it is a very bad idea to acknowledge publicly about assisting to a massive event so famous for its big announcements for players, without having anything to show. They could have maintained a low profile instead, don't they?IDK, I'm not exactly rushed about the new episode, but when you add the E3 lack of anything interesting, it sure seems like a little fiasco.

Did they publically acknowledge or did the E3 organization just simply list their name? The only acknowledgement that I have seen is what we saw over the weekend with them clarifying that they were not presenting anything and this was after players started posting everywhere about Anet being at E3.

@Randulf.7614 said:

So we are getting longer episodes, better quality episodes (s3 was an inconsistent mish mash), a realisation that this requires a bit more time to make and to quash bugs....and this is meant to representing poor direction?

It is a few weeks late to keep the quality up. This is a good thing.

I just cant fathom complaints over content being slightly longer in lead times (by a miniscule amount no less) in an industry where pretty much every major product gets delayed.

I don't know about you but the story writing has been terribly inconsistent; plot holes and missing characters left and right. They can't seem to focus on a direction to take the story and imho, the quality has be going downhill.

Everyone will have a different view of quality in their eyes but, game performance in general has been horrible in new maps since POF, again inconsistent story writing/other story issues, and most of the content has very little replay value outside of grinding for legendary skins. The gem store items and mount skin focus is getting incredibly frustrating.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Where are you getting the 9-11 months?

If they continue with 3 months between episodes, 3 teams means they have 9 months to prepare each episode. The first 3 episodes potentially had more than that however, but it's impossible to know when exactly they started, only when each team was finished with season 3. The last episode by team 3 was 11 months ago (10 months for 1 and 2), so they've potentially had up to 11 months, hence 9-11. That time could have gone to many other places however, such as shifting the teams temporarily to the expansion or they could have spent months just planning out the ideas for season 4.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Did they publically acknowledge or did the E3 organization just simply list their name?

Their head of global marketing, the same guy who recently said they weren't announcing anything at E3, posted several times in the E3 topic ~3 months ago on reddit, though nothing directly related to E3. They could have said something back then, but they want people to build hype.

Archived