Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged}

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:I'm seriously too depressed to be angry or disappointed.

I will say this though, this game ran a lot better when MO was at the wheel. Lets look at MO's track record perfectly executed LW Season 3 with a fast turn around time on Path of Fire.

Mike Z, Episode 2 late, Episode 3 might as well be my pizza that was already 2 hours late and got delivered to the wrong house.

So does that mean we all get free garlic knots?

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:I'm seriously too depressed to be angry or disappointed.

I will say this though, this game ran a lot better when MO was at the wheel. Lets look at MO's track record perfectly executed LW Season 3 with a fast turn around time on Path of Fire.

Mike Z, Episode 2 late, Episode 3 might as well be my pizza that was already 2 hours late and got delivered to the wrong house.

So we are getting longer episodes, better quality episodes (s3 was an inconsistent mish mash), a realisation that this requires a bit more time to make and to quash bugs....and this is meant to representing poor direction?

It is a few weeks late to keep the quality up. This is a good thing.

I just cant fathom complaints over content being slightly longer in lead times (by a miniscule amount no less) in an industry where pretty much every major product gets delayed.

I think the issue with this statement is that people are going to expect the next episode to be much more than what it might end up being. The longer it takes for this "quality" the more people are going to expect. Might have just been better to say that it was delayed because of new tech, or just said it was delayed and given us a teaser of some stuff in the episode they know will actually make it into the game. Instead we have a post saying they're pushing it back because they want it to be better quality and then silence for weeks. What happens when this episode releases and there are 10 or 15 bugs? Like a collection item achievement that can't be completed because some events are bugged, or an event that doesn't spawn, or a story instance that disconnects repeatedly? People are going to be expecting a bugless pristine patch and it's an unrealistic expectation that they've almost set for themselves by statements like this.

I honestly don't think people would be as impatient if they had posted little teasers here and there or a general timeframe. But given no timeframe and no update on where the episode is currently at or teasers it's completely within reason that the patch may not hit until august or later. Even next year. "Delayed for quality" and "on the horizon" doesn't say anything other than the fact that the episode is being worked on. For all we know they started on the episode 5 minutes after that post.

Not saying they did or didn't, but 2 out of the 3 episodes this living season has been delayed and the amount of bugs with collection items and lack of large events/fractal/raids last episode, I can understand the skepticism.

It's great the we supposedly have this huge multi-million player influx of people briefly switching over from a failed mmo-launch because of one apparently monumentally influential youtube person and 15 posts a day about how amazing the game is from possibly more than one account, but for the veteran players who have a lot more invested in the game and will stick around after the "refugees" have either stayed or moved on to the next big craze the wait is getting a bit tiresome.

@Healix.5819 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Where are you getting the 9-11 months?

If they continue with 3 months between episodes, 3 teams means they have 9 months to prepare each episode. The first 3 episodes potentially had more than that however, but it's impossible to know when exactly they started, only when each team was finished with season 3. The last episode by team 3 was 11 months ago (10 months for 1 and 2), so they've potentially had up to 11 months, hence 9-11. That time could have gone to many other places however, such as shifting the teams temporarily to the expansion or they could have spent months just planning out the ideas for season 4.

Assuming they didn’t have staggered starts.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Did they publically acknowledge or did the E3 organization just simply list their name?

Their head of global marketing, the same guy who recently said they weren't announcing anything at E3, posted several times in the E3 topic ~3 months ago on
, though nothing directly related to E3. They could have said something back then, but they want people to build hype.

Silence isn’t publically acknowledging.

@AegisFLCL.7623 said:

So we are getting longer episodes, better quality episodes (s3 was an inconsistent mish mash), a realisation that this requires a bit more time to make and to quash bugs....and this is meant to representing poor direction?

I just cant fathom complaints over content being slightly longer in lead times (by a miniscule amount no less) in an industry where pretty much every major product gets delayed.

I don't know about you but the story writing has been terribly inconsistent; plot holes and missing characters left and right. They can't seem to focus on a direction to take the story and imho, the quality has be going downhill.

Everyone will have a different view of quality in their eyes but, game performance in general has been horrible in new maps since POF, again inconsistent story writing/other story issues, and most of the content has very little replay value outside of grinding for legendary skins. The gem store items and mount skin focus is getting incredibly frustrating.

I'd say ls4 replay is on par with ls3, but story within the epsiodes themselves have been of a much higher quality so far than s3, which went from great (ep1 and ep4) to pretty awful and not really interlinking well at all (ep3, ep5 and ep6). S3 was saved by the maps by and large. It is a bit early to review s4 I concede, but the overall production, length and quality feels a great deal higher. I am very happy to keep on waiting if we are getting consistent episodes like this.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:I'm seriously too depressed to be angry or disappointed.

I think the issue with this statement is that people are going to expect the next episode to be much more than what it might end up being. The longer it takes for this "quality" the more people are going to expect. Might have just been better to say that it was delayed because of new tech, or just said it was delayed and given us a teaser of some stuff in the episode they know will actually make it into the game. Instead we have a post saying they're pushing it back because they want it to be better quality and then silence for weeks. What happens when this episode releases and there are 10 or 15 bugs? Like a collection item achievement that can't be completed because some events are bugged, or an event that doesn't spawn, or a story instance that disconnects repeatedly? People are going to be expecting a bugless pristine patch and it's an unrealistic expectation that they've almost set for themselves by statements like this.

I honestly don't think people would be as impatient if they had posted little teasers here and there or a general timeframe. But given no timeframe and no update on where the episode is currently at or teasers it's completely within reason that the patch may not hit until august or later. Even next year. "Delayed for quality" and "on the horizon" doesn't say anything other than the fact that the episode is being worked on. For all we know they started on the episode 5 minutes after that post.

Not saying they did or didn't, but 2 out of the 3 episodes this living season has been delayed and the amount of bugs with collection items and lack of large events/fractal/raids last episode, I can understand the skepticism.

It's great the we supposedly have this huge multi-million player influx of people briefly switching over from a failed mmo-launch because of one apparently monumentally influential youtube person and 15 posts a day about how amazing the game is from possibly more than one account, but for the veteran players who have a lot more invested in the game and will stick around after the "refugees" have either stayed or moved on to the next big craze the wait is getting a bit tiresome.

To be honest, I would guess/expect most of the veterans not to be overly bothered (or even notice) by the wait. It's no great length of time of time by a long way and even if people dip out to play others things, they will return and play the episode to its fullest. I can't see any change to that for most people whether the episode takes 2 months or 4 months.

Could there be teaser pics every now and again to breed excitement and speculation? I wouldn't argue against that at all, that's a sound idea and suggestion, but we aren't in a territory at the moment which is anywhere close to being problematic for the health of the game which some others allude to.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

To be honest, I would guess/expect most of the veterans not to be overly bothered (or even notice) by the wait. It's no great length of time of time by a long way and even if people dip out to play others things, they will return and play the episode to its fullest. I can't see any change to that for most people whether the episode takes 2 months or 4 months.

Could there be teaser pics every now and again to breed excitement and speculation? I wouldn't argue against that at all, that's a sound idea and suggestion, but we aren't in a territory at the moment which is anywhere close to being problematic for the health of the game which some others allude to.

I'm certainly not bothered, and I have a large amount of things to do in the game. I don't understand these complaints above about how there's nothing to do in between episodes.

I always come back to this thread when it pops up every Tuesday just to read some of these fascinating tinfoil hat theories going around

It's not the delayed release that harms the game, it's the willingness of some people to spread their own bad mojo smh

For real though. They said they were going to announce things when they are ready, how come that people get their expectations up over and over again when they haven't heard anything yet? It's like you're doing this to yourselves. If the game really doesn't offer anything else to you then maybe move on or find something else to do, do collections, do achievements, revisit old maps, play a different character.. sure, doesn't offer "unlimited replayability" because you've done it a million times already, but it's better than setting yourself up to feel bad.

And if it gets really bad for you, just do it like me: Simply take a step back from the game, do your dailies then do other things. I've been addicted to this game for long enough already, sometimes taking time off makes it better. So just chill everyone, kay?

At this point they have a little over 2 hours left to release it after that they won't as it never comes out the next day. My problem with them isn't deadlines it's silence treatment or misinformation EX; Hot is coming out in 6 months saying we started work on it 18 months ago when the reality was more likely to be we started work on it last month. Episode 3 is on the horizon while it's becoming more likely they started on it the week before the post. Another good one the post about them going to E3...I have E-Mails from a few game companies telling me why they are at E3 and actually showing me their stuff while Anet tells us nothing. One question for Anet why tell us you're going if you have no intentions of telling us why you're there?Anet's silence treatment is starting to rub off on me the wrong way, does it show? :s

@"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:One question for Anet why tell us you're going if you have no intentions of telling us why you're there? :s

They didn't, really. Players noted they were listed at E3's webpage. ANet confirmedWhen the tin-foil theories were getting a bit too wild, they let us know that they're going for meeting potential partners.

What would you prefer they do rather than "tell us they are going"?Lie? Kind of easy to disprove and would look bad.Just not confirm obvious facts? That would only make the conspiracy theorists run even wilder, for even bigger later dissapointment. Also, they're catching enough flak for lack of communication as it is...

@"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

I have E-Mails from a few game companies telling me why they are at E3 and actually showing me their stuff while Anet tells us nothing. One question for Anet why tell us you're going if you have no intentions of telling us why you're there?

They didn't tell us they were going, we found out and prodded them about it. Per the reddit link posted above, their logo showed up on an E3 page. Then players noted ANet would be there, other players spotted in the E3 Manual that ANet's meeting area was a couple of private conference rooms, and as player hype spun up ANet told us "hey, hold on, we're just meeting with potential partners and have no announcements to make at E3."

All of which is information from this thread and from the longish thread discussing ANet's presence at E3.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:this week they're more concerned about business.Every week, they are concerned about business. They make business deals every week. E3 just presents an opportunity of convenience for certain types of meetings to take place, for schmoozing, and so on.

You seem to still be under the misapprehension that they can only do one thing at a time. Their business negotiators might be at E3 and they might even bring a team lead or two, but how would that possibly have any impact on development?

The only reason that LS4.3 is delayed — the only reason that any episode is delayed — is that the code isn't ready.

The goal for them is to release a new story every 2-3 months. Obviously they have missed the mark with this episode; there's no conclusions we can draw from that except that it's later than they (and we) would like.

Is what it is, if you find this acceptable and deserving of financial support then all the power to you, I've got different standards.

I get what you're saying, I just don't care I expect results after a certain point, we are past that point for me now so until they improve I see no reason to support them.

I honestly do not understand this position.

They are not giving you free stuff fast enough and so you do not think they deserve your financial support?

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:this week they're more concerned about business.Every week, they are concerned about business. They make business deals every week. E3 just presents an opportunity of convenience for certain types of meetings to take place, for schmoozing, and so on.

You seem to still be under the misapprehension that they can only do one thing at a time. Their business negotiators might be at E3 and they might even bring a team lead or two, but how would that possibly have any impact on development?

The only reason that LS4.3 is delayed — the only reason that any episode is delayed — is that the code isn't ready.

The goal for them is to release a new story every 2-3 months. Obviously they have missed the mark with this episode; there's no conclusions we can draw from that except that it's later than they (and we) would like.

Is what it is, if you find this acceptable and deserving of financial support then all the power to you, I've got different standards.

I get what you're saying, I just don't care I expect results after a certain point, we are past that point for me now so until they improve I see no reason to support them.

I honestly do not understand this position.

They are not giving you free stuff fast enough and so you do not think they deserve your financial support?

Last time I checked I paid for it with the Collectors Edition version of PoF, the money spent on the Gem Store between September and when I bought the Branded Mounts pack which was the last time I bought gems.

I have certainly spent considerably more then the bare minimum, I think ANet needs to be concerned by the views of people like me.

And every update required the next 2-3 weeks being constantly patched due to poor QA.. worse than what it is now.. not much, but definitely worse.

That kind of turnaround always attracts trouble let alone burn out for the team. Add to that going back 2yrs+ I would hazard a guess the coffers were a little heavier than they are now and teams were larger.Of course you can proof this small delay is having that negative effect you speak of as if its fact.. I would hazard a guess the majority of the playerbase don't care or act that much more mature about something so insignificant.

This level of crying about a small delay to a game update reminds me why I could never be an infants school teacher...

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Last time I checked I paid for it with the Collectors Edition version of PoF, the money spent on the Gem Store between September and when I bought the Branded Mounts pack which was the last time I bought gems.

I have certainly spent considerably more then the bare minimum, I think ANet needs to be concerned by the views of people like me.

I was not attempting to belittle your spending on the game. My apologies if I gave that impression.

Money you spend in the gemstore is for the things that you get from the gemstore. You received what you paid for (or should put in a service ticket if you did not). You received what you paid for when you paid for PoF.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:Last time I checked I paid for it with the Collectors Edition version of PoF, the money spent on the Gem Store between September and when I bought the Branded Mounts pack which was the last time I bought gems.

I was not attempting to belittle your spending on the game. My apologies if I gave that impression.

Money you spend in the gemstore is for the things that you get from the gemstore. You received what you paid for (or should put in a service ticket if you did not). You received what you paid for when you paid for PoF.

That's BS I paid for LW development, there's documentation that proves that Gem Store money goes to LW Development.

Here's the link, right out of MO's mouth him self.

Edit Factshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

Edit 1.5 hours after challenge.Funny how when facts show up they disappear.

...I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of a slight delay. Have any of you tried to write a story, create the world on a computer, make it work, check your work, and do so under a deadline? Personally, I feel the ones screaming the loudest are the ones that have pretty much 0 idea how much work goes into story lines, new boss mechanics, puzzles, and graphic polish. I mean, if people do understand, I'd think they'd appreciate that the product is not being rushed. Okay, so we pay for it and? I, myself, pay for quality over quantity and all I'm seeing is this disturbing trend of "BUT I WANT IT NOW!" At least it's not "you're gonna have to wait another year for total crap." like some games I've played. Sorry I sound so catty, but this level of...I don't know what it is, is disheartening. What happened to patience, again? Or have we completely forgotten that concept?

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Last time I checked I paid for it with the Collectors Edition version of PoF, the money spent on the Gem Store between September and when I bought the Branded Mounts pack which was the last time I bought gems.

That's BS I paid for LW development, there's documentation that proves that Gem Store money goes to LW Development.

Here's the link, right out of MO's mouth him self.

Edit Facts

Edit 1.5 hours after challenge.Funny how when facts show up they disappear.

What Anet does with the money they receive wasn’t the poster’s argument.

Archived