Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged}

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to the new chapter and it's annoying that every week goes by and nothing but I'm not pulling out the gem shop card thinking that will scare them into bringing it forward.You don't wake up, write a story, get the voice actors, do the graphics, test it bah bah and it's done. Besides I'd rather wait a bit longer then see thread after thread complaining how buggy it is, how boring it is because it was done in 2 hours , and various other moans.

@"Dami.5046" said:I'm looking forward to the new chapter and it's annoying that every week goes by and nothing but I'm not pulling out the gem shop card thinking that will scare them into bringing it forward.You don't wake up, write a story, get the voice actors, do the graphics, test it bah bah and it's done. Besides I'd rather wait a bit longer then see thread after thread complaining how buggy it is, how boring it is because it was done in 2 hours , and various other moans.

I feel that anyone expecting a "bigger" episode because of this delay is setting themselves up for disappointment. It's pretty much going to be the same size episode as it would have been before. The people who complained before that they waited two and a half months for two hours of content will just be complaining that they waited four months for two hours of content.

The extra month or so is because they're changing their development processes in the hope that it will improve quality in the future (ie hopefully it will have fewer bugs and therefore fewer bug threads) not to add additional content. Hopefully, that will turn out to be the case as episode 2 was a bit of a mess and time spent fixing bugs is time not spent on the next episode.

We will see if it's tomorrow or not, It don't bother me to wait for 1-2 more week now....Speak for yourself. Btw, what kind of map are you expecting? A giant awakened city? Another facility? Or a great surprise like, the episode is set in core tyria like during the old living seasons one and two?

@hugo.4705 said:We will see if it's tomorrow or not, It don't bother me to wait for 1-2 more week now....Speak for yourself. Btw, what kind of map are you expecting? A giant awakened city? Another facility? Or a great surprise like, the episode is set in core tyria like during the old living seasons one and two?

Kourna probably. Though a surprise would be scavengers causeway. There was some risen model mini I think that had people speculating from a datamine at one point. So seeing another chunk of Orr would be neat!

And Plauzte, he speaks for multiple people that have voiced their concerns so your correction is a bit unnecessary.

We shall see though. If it doesn’t come out tomorrow then it certainly won’t be the week of July 4th. So expect it mid to late July at the earliest.

@Plautze.6290 said:

@Susy.7529 said:Finally tomorrow is the expected trailer day and patch on 26th.You better not disappoint
me
again!

Fixed your comment.Speak only for yourself, please.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"hugo.4705" said:We will see if it's tomorrow or not, It don't bother me to wait for 1-2 more week now....Speak for yourself. Btw, what kind of map are you expecting? A giant awakened city? Another facility? Or a great surprise like, the episode is set in core tyria like during the old living seasons one and two?

And Plauzte, he speaks for multiple people that have voiced their concerns so your correction is a bit unnecessary.

I'm adding to the "multiple people" list, I (we) have had enough of this wait.

@"Tsakhi.8124" said:...I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of a slight delay. Have any of you tried to write a story, create the world on a computer, make it work, check your work, and do so under a deadline? Personally, I feel the ones screaming the loudest are the ones that have pretty much 0 idea how much work goes into story lines, new boss mechanics, puzzles, and graphic polish. I mean, if people do understand, I'd think they'd appreciate that the product is not being rushed. Okay, so we pay for it and? I, myself, pay for quality over quantity and all I'm seeing is this disturbing trend of "BUT I WANT IT NOW!" At least it's not "you're gonna have to wait another year for total crap." like some games I've played. Sorry I sound so catty, but this level of...I don't know what it is, is disheartening. What happened to patience, again? Or have we completely forgotten that concept?

Usually it’s the same people that blow through the content as fast as possible and then complain that there is nothing to do. Take your time. It’s like inhaling 5 star meal in seconds and complaining you didn’t taste it.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Tsakhi.8124" said:...I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of a
slight
delay. Have
any
of you tried to write a story, create the world on a computer, make it work, check your work, and do so under a deadline? Personally, I feel the ones screaming the loudest are the ones that have pretty much 0 idea how much work goes into story lines, new boss mechanics, puzzles, and graphic polish. I mean, if people
do
understand, I'd think they'd appreciate that the product is not being rushed. Okay, so we pay for it and? I, myself, pay for quality over quantity and all I'm seeing is this disturbing trend of "BUT I WANT IT NOW!" At least it's not "you're gonna have to wait another year for total crap." like some games I've played. Sorry I sound so catty, but this level of...I don't know
what
it is, is disheartening. What happened to patience, again? Or have we completely forgotten that concept?

Usually it’s the same people that blow through the content as fast as possible and then complain that there is nothing to do. Take your time. It’s like inhaling 5 star meal in seconds and complaining you didn’t taste it.

3.5 months from last episode IS taking my time for me...

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Tsakhi.8124" said:...I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of a
slight
delay. Have
any
of you tried to write a story, create the world on a computer, make it work, check your work, and do so under a deadline? Personally, I feel the ones screaming the loudest are the ones that have pretty much 0 idea how much work goes into story lines, new boss mechanics, puzzles, and graphic polish. I mean, if people
do
understand, I'd think they'd appreciate that the product is not being rushed. Okay, so we pay for it and? I, myself, pay for quality over quantity and all I'm seeing is this disturbing trend of "BUT I WANT IT NOW!" At least it's not "you're gonna have to wait another year for total crap." like some games I've played. Sorry I sound so catty, but this level of...I don't know
what
it is, is disheartening. What happened to patience, again? Or have we completely forgotten that concept?

I took my time with it and finished it in about 3-4 weeks. So you can hardly say I blew through the content. I mean, I don't think I there's a way I could have done it any slower while still actually doing it. Even taking my time I still finished it almost three months ago.

I really hoping they bring us a trailer tomorrow, release next week and then get back to an actual 2-3 month schedule.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:this week they're more concerned about business.Every week, they are concerned about business. They make business deals every week. E3 just presents an opportunity of convenience for certain types of meetings to take place, for schmoozing, and so on.

You seem to still be under the misapprehension that they can only do one thing at a time. Their business negotiators might be at E3 and they might even bring a team lead or two, but how would that possibly have any impact on development?

The only reason that LS4.3 is delayed — the only reason that any episode is delayed — is that the code isn't ready.

The goal for them is to release a new story every 2-3 months. Obviously they have missed the mark with this episode; there's no conclusions we can draw from that except that it's later than they (and we) would like.

Is what it is, if you find this acceptable and deserving of financial support then all the power to you, I've got different standards.

I get what you're saying, I just don't care I expect results after a certain point, we are past that point for me now so until they improve I see no reason to support them.

I honestly do not understand this position.

They are not giving you free stuff fast enough and so you do not think they deserve your financial support?

Last time I checked I paid for it with the Collectors Edition version of PoF, the money spent on the Gem Store between September and when I bought the Branded Mounts pack which was the last time I bought gems.

I have certainly spent considerably more then the bare minimum, I think ANet needs to be concerned by the views of people like me.

You're right, they should definitely concern themselves with the desires of people who haven't spent money on the game in 8 months.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:this week they're more concerned about business.Every week, they are concerned about business. They make business deals every week. E3 just presents an opportunity of convenience for certain types of meetings to take place, for schmoozing, and so on.

You seem to still be under the misapprehension that they can only do one thing at a time. Their business negotiators might be at E3 and they might even bring a team lead or two, but how would that possibly have any impact on development?

The only reason that LS4.3 is delayed — the only reason that any episode is delayed — is that the code isn't ready.

The goal for them is to release a new story every 2-3 months. Obviously they have missed the mark with this episode; there's no conclusions we can draw from that except that it's later than they (and we) would like.

Is what it is, if you find this acceptable and deserving of financial support then all the power to you, I've got different standards.

I get what you're saying, I just don't care I expect results after a certain point, we are past that point for me now so until they improve I see no reason to support them.

I honestly do not understand this position.

They are not giving you free stuff fast enough and so you do not think they deserve your financial support?

Last time I checked I paid for it with the Collectors Edition version of PoF, the money spent on the Gem Store between September and when I bought the Branded Mounts pack which was the last time I bought gems.

I have certainly spent considerably more then the bare minimum, I think ANet needs to be concerned by the views of people like me.

You're right, they should definitely concern themselves with the desires of people who haven't spent money on the game in 8 months.

I had no idea the Branded Mounts came out 8 months ago? I'm pretty sure Branded Mounts were released early in 2018 roughly when A Bug in the System came out.

I could see how the content delay between Episode 2 and Episode 3 could feel like 8 months though; even though I never indicated that the gap was that long.

So as I mentioned Branded Mounts were released around Episode 2 when I had something to reward them for.

If the balance patches since then had been kind to Reapers I would have spent money since that point, but between the delayed content patch and nothing moving Reapers towards the PVE Meta since early this year I see no reason to spend my money at this time. Believe me if you want but ANet knows I go through phases when I make it rain on their Gem Store and I've been very clear in multiple threads that my benevolence is tied to a specific reward system.

@Pifil.5193 said:

slight
delay. Have
any
do
what

I took my time with it and finished it in about 3-4 weeks. So you can hardly say I blew through the content. I mean, I don't think I there's a way I could have done it any slower while still actually doing it. Even taking my time I still finished it almost three months ago.

I really hoping they bring us a trailer tomorrow, release next week and then get back to an actual 2-3 month schedule.

I’m more like talking about people saying bored after day 2 sort of thing. I got a laundry list of things to get done, so I put LW at the top of the list when it comes out, play through, get what I want and go back down the list.

@videoboy.4162 said:I feel like they're trying to ship more than just the next episode. Seems like an extra stretch of time was added for it to just be a single episode slowing them down. I have fun when they add new things, so I'm fine with waiting either way.

Thinking like this is why people will wind up disappointed. Then again someone mentioned Rubi seemed really excited about this episode for some reason but Rubi seems pretty excited usually anyway. Lol Hoping for the best. Honestly, I would just be excited with some guild content or new decorations but I’m not holding my breath. Getting a Joko statue at least seems like it would be necessary for this episode.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@videoboy.4162 said:I feel like they're trying to ship more than just the next episode. Seems like an extra stretch of time was added for it to just be a single episode slowing them down. I have fun when they add new things, so I'm fine with waiting either way.

Thinking like this is why people will wind up disappointed. Then again someone mentioned Rubi seemed really excited about this episode for some reason but Rubi seems pretty excited usually anyway. Lol Hoping for the best. Honestly, I would just be excited with some guild content or new decorations but I’m not holding my breath. Getting a Joko statue at least seems like it would be necessary for this episode.

Oh man seriously that would be so cool!!! A Joko statue for the guild hall.

Yes one can wish, can't we?

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"AegisFLCL.7623" said:Who is ready for the 9th story branch out and probably another episode to completely gloss over glaring plot holes such as Joko breaking free and the likes?!

I know I am...

Oh wait, weren't we fighting kralk?

Joko breaking free is a plothole? To the people who don't pay any attention I bet.

The current "reasoning" as to him being out are all assumptions, nothing is actually explained or point out through any story tool. You'd think introducing him as a main character, an important one at that, there would be some kind narrative at the very least. But they're too busy introducing several new characters who will be completely glossed over in half the new story released. ANET seems to enjoy ping ponging between characters and story lines, and then just leaving them in the dust.

@AegisFLCL.7623 said:

@AegisFLCL.7623 said:Who is ready for the 9th story branch out and probably another episode to completely gloss over glaring plot holes such as Joko breaking free and the likes?!

I know I am...

Oh wait, weren't we fighting kralk?

Joko breaking free is a plothole? To the people who don't pay any attention I bet.

The current "reasoning" as to him being out are all assumptions, nothing is actually explained or point out through any story tool. You'd think introducing him as a main character, an important one at that, there would be some kind narrative at the very least. But they're too busy introducing several new characters who will be completely glossed over in half the new story released. ANET seems to enjoy ping ponging between characters and story lines, and then just leaving them in the dust.

Balthazar chained him up, bound him by using his magic. When Balthazar died the chains disappeared, which I am pretty sure was even mentioned by the player character or Taimi at some point. As for leaving the Domain of the Lost you can easily assume that 1. he got there on his own and 2. is powerful enough to leave it as well, even if he doesn't get to use the same portal we had.

No, I absolutely disagree about how many things are left open. Not everything has to be laid out perfectly right in front of you. Subtle story telling is a thing and not a hole in the plot

Archived