Why are some crafted stat combos account bound on acquire?

I’m curious why some stat combos are account bind on acquire rather than on equip while others are not?

For example berserker gear is not while many others are. Wouldn’t it be better to diversify what crafters can make and post on the marketplace and in turn what is more easily accessible to players that have no interest in skilling a craft to make this stuff themselves?

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Sinful.2165 said:I’m curious why some stat combos are account bind on acquire rather than on equip while others are not?

Because they require the player to own the expansion in which they were introduced.

Hm, even at that why make stat combos expansion gated? You still have to craft the ascended version yourself. Does not having the expansion prevent people from picking expansion related stat combos from ascended drop chests too, I wonder?

@Sinful.2165 said:

@Sinful.2165 said:I’m curious why some stat combos are account bind on acquire rather than on equip while others are not?

Because they require the player to own the expansion in which they were introduced.

Hm, even at that why make stat combos expansion gated? You still have to craft the ascended version yourself. Does not having the expansion prevent people from picking expansion related stat combos from ascended drop chests too, I wonder?

Yes, it does. As far as I know, you cannot use HoT stats if you don't own HoT or PoF stats if you don't own PoF.

Archived