Herald has been nonviable for 1 & 1/2 years in PvE; Easy fixes to Power Herald & Glint

LucianTheAngelic.7054

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:I personally don’t base a class’ viability on the elitist mindset that only meta builds and meta team comps matter.

Rev is plenty capable of doing all areas of PvE. This is more along the lines of making rev more comparable to existing meta builds of other classes rather than making it viable.

The purpose for this post is not that "Rev isn't capable of doing all areas of PvE," but was written to highlight the fact that there really isn't a choice at all between Power Herald and Condi Renegade if you want to do good damage. The post mostly focuses on its current position in Organized PvE. The difference between the two specs is really huge (especially on big hitbox; nearly 10k differential, 5-6k on small) and in comparison to top classes on small hitbox it's even bigger (about 7-8K difference). Sure, I could easily do all my raids and everything on my Power Herald w/ Glint for the flavor if I wanted to and we'd get the kills, but realistically I'd be doing less damage on most if not all bosses. Even on fights that vastly prefer power dps (samarog, sloth, etc.), power revenant is still equal to or worse than condi renegade. So it would just feel like I'm gimping myself and my team in most situations which to me means there is a lack of diversity and a lack of real choices about what specialization to play. That to me is really the definition of nonviability (a lack of meaningful choices between specs). If you want to call it "making Herald & Glint more comparable" to other classes, sure, let's call it that, but there is no denying that Herald isn't in a great spot in organized pve. My changes are easy buffs that would improve Herald and Glint's current position while helping to make it an acceptable alternative to Condi Renegade.

This looks like it could be mostly beneficial. I especially like the idea for Burst of Strength. I've always been a proponent of the number tweaks as opposed to uprooting the original gameplay of the Herald, and this seems to be just what we need. One thing I do agree on in terms of reworks though -- Shield 5 needs to become worth using, either by movement or a benefit that outweighs having to stand still.

@ethanzephyr.7298 said:This looks like it could be mostly beneficial. I especially like the idea for Burst of Strength. I've always been a proponent of the number tweaks as opposed to uprooting the original gameplay of the Herald, and this seems to be just what we need. One thing I do agree on in terms of reworks though -- Shield 5 needs to become worth using, either by movement or a benefit that outweighs having to stand still.

Exactly! I 100% agree and personally prefer number tweaks over full reworks as well. Glint really just needs a damage boost to be useful and Power Herald needs 1-2k more damage in pve and it would be set. You're quite right about shield as well; it needs something extra and a bigger change to it could be helpful, like the mobile shield or something. Shield will still not really be used much in pve except for heal Herald, which is why I left it out of my post since the focus was on Power Herald. But shield is certainly a great candidate to give Herald some answers to its issues in pvp and I think should be reworked more with that in mind if/when it does.

Archived