Episode 3

When is the episode 3 trailer? Or anything like new fractal/raid trailer?

I wish we would back go back to LS1 schedule honestly. Getting new stuffs to do every 2-4 weeks was the most fun ever that I had. Hate the new living world schedule with a passion.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Susy.7529 said:They need to give us at least an official statement for not having released the trailer today!

If
they don't release the trailer today. It's still only 9:30 am their time.

The usual time for LS trailer was 3h ago, so it's safe to say that it won't came out anymore today, that's why they need to tell us a reason for that like previous LS episode.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Susy.7529 said:They need to give us at least an official statement for not having released the trailer today!

If

The usual time for LS trailer was 3h ago, so it's safe to say that it won't came out anymore today, that's why they need to tell us a reason for that like previous LS episode.

nah, at the usual time for patches and intel sharing18:00 berlin/amsterdam time (so 33 minutes prior to the moment of writing)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@"Susy.7529" said:They need to give us at least an official statement for not having released the trailer today!

If

nah, at the usual time for patches and intel sharing18:00 berlin/amsterdam time (so 33 minutes prior to the moment of writing)

i know that very well but that's not the case, in this case we're not speaking about "time for patches and intel sharing", we're talking about time for LS trailers and that time is around 15:30CET, check previous LS trailer release time on youtube if you don't trust me.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@"Susy.7529" said:They need to give us at least an official statement for not having released the trailer today!

If

i know that very well but that's not the case, in this case we're not speaking about "time for patches and intel sharing", we're talking about time for LS trailers and that time is around 15:30CET, check previous LS trailer release time on youtube if you don't trust me.

I always check the main website or dulfy, which update around 18:00, never checked to see if they have a youtube channel.

@"Mea.5491" said:I think it was a huge mistake to say that 2-3 months thing because people lose their minds when we don't get the new episode "in time". This is why devs should never say anything, people are so impatient...

People do, in fact, lose their minds.But that's not the developers' fault. They never said it was a solid rule for release scheduling. It was their goal.

@TigStripe.2379 said:

@"Mea.5491" said:I think it was a huge mistake to say that 2-3 months thing because people lose their minds when we don't get the new episode "in time". This is why devs should never say anything, people are so impatient...

People do, in fact, lose their minds.But that's not the developers' fault. They never said it was a solid rule for release scheduling. It was their goal.

I know and I never said it was their fault. It was the players who misunderstood the whole thing.Edit: English is not my native language, I didn't mean to blame the devs. I just think they shouldn't say anything because people always twist their words. :)

I will never agree with the policy of silence. They should simply make a statement saying they were unable to fulfill the intended time schedule and that is all. They didn't promised to always be on time, that is totally true. But they set an expectation, and they have to cover it somehow. When they speak, people usually stop making so much noise and go back to whining about other stuff. Is not so hard, and it have been done before.

@Ardid.7203 said:I will never agree with the policy of silence. They should simply make a statement saying they were unable to fulfill the intended time schedule and that is all. They didn't promised to always be on time, that is totally true. But they set an expectation, and they have to cover it somehow. When they speak, people usually stop making so much noise and go back to whining about other stuff. Is not so hard, and it have been done before.

So you think, just because they set a precedent on a non-enforced release schedule, that the players deserve an explanation why it's not 100% on time?I'll admit it'd be nice to get something since it's been a solid 3 months since a release, but demanding information when they're quiet on the exact date is a stretch.

@TigStripe.2379 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:I will never agree with the policy of silence. They should simply make a statement saying they were unable to fulfill the intended time schedule and that is all. They didn't promised to always be on time, that is totally true. But they set an expectation, and they have to cover it somehow. When they speak, people usually stop making so much noise and go back to whining about other stuff. Is not so hard, and it have been done before.

So you think, just because they set a precedent on a non-enforced release schedule, that the players deserve an explanation why it's not 100% on time?

Yes, that's exactly what I think and what I expect.Edit: And that's exactly what they did...at least...now let's hope for the episode to come out as soon as possible.

@Ardid.7203 said:

I will never agree with the policy of silence. They should simply make a statement saying they were unable to fulfill the intended time schedule and that is all. They didn't promised to always be on time, that is totally true. But they set an expectation, and they have to cover it somehow. When they speak, people usually stop making so much noise and go back to whining about other stuff. Is not so hard, and it have been done before.

Yeah, some communication, like the communication they gave over the week delay with "A Bug in the System" would be a good idea. It's all about managing expectation. These threads will only become more common if they don't do that and the episode runs "late" again.

Either way it was a good idea and very important to announce and try to stick to the 2-3 month release schedule and also to state that they intended to release closer to every 2 months than every 3. That assurance came after a very long content drought (9 or 10 months after HoT launched, IIRC) and it was vitally important for ArenaNet to prove that they could release content on a regular (ish) schedule.

With Season 4 that schedule seems to be slipping now to slightly over 3 months, while I'm personally not concerned yet, I hope it's not indicative of a trend.

That doesn’t really say anything though. They always claim that something they are doing is improving for future releases. Such and such is setting the foundation for upcoming content.

But it’s cool they acknowledge it exists I guess.

I would say it would be better to just say you’re holding off until e3 intentionally but there’s no indication the patch will even make it out then.

Yep, that's all was needed.Now people will complain about it not giving any clear date for the release, but the expectation has been appeased, and as long as they don't create a content drought again, the waters will calm down. Simple, basic communication. I'll give an extra month before the impatient began to question again.

Archived