Demolisher Stat Combination for WvW

Kolmena.2416

Hello guys,

I've been wondering when are we going to get such a marvelous stat combination for this game mode? Power and Precision main with Ferocity and Toughness secondary.

The game mode already has stats like minstrel and trailblazer, which enhance condition damage and duration or healing power and boon duration, and then mix it with incredible defensive stats. So why not give a change to the power classes too?

Demolisher's is way too strong honestly. All power classes would have an extremely easy time filling their builds out with full demolisher's/marauders if necessary. A better solution would be to remove Trailblazer's (broken condi stat set) and Minstrel's (broken support stat set). Demolisher's would complete the trifecta as the broken power stat set. For WvW I would be more interested in something like Seeker's stats.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Demolisher's is way too strong honestly. All power classes would have an extremely easy time filling their builds out with full demolisher's/marauders if necessary. A better solution would be to remove Trailblazer's (broken condi stat set) and Minstrel's (broken support stat set). Demolisher's would complete the trifecta as the broken power stat set. For WvW I would be more interested in something like Seeker's stats.

Seeker's is still glass, if they remove Trailblazer and Minstrel it's fine. But We're talking about classes with high burst (whether it be healing or condition) without having to sacrifice any defense. So yeah, how about the same treatment for Power? Let's go with an example: for power to really be effective you need 3 stats: power, precision and ferocity. While conditions specs can be effective with just 2: condition damage and condition duration, hell in this meta it is not even worth the duration, so just stack 1 offensive and two defensive and you are still optimal. While with power you gotta mid/max and change one amulet and then one ring and then the weapon needs to be this and that...ect. Make it either simple for all or mid/max for all.

We really don't need another broken 4 stat combination in wvw, although seeing as condition builds already have their broken stat combinations that are not going to be removed, how can anyone say no to this now? Although there's a lot of tanky roamers out there these days, giving those tank specs even more damage is going to be terrible.

@Kolmena.2416 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Demolisher's is way too strong honestly. All power classes would have an extremely easy time filling their builds out with full demolisher's/marauders if necessary. A better solution would be to remove Trailblazer's (broken condi stat set) and Minstrel's (broken support stat set). Demolisher's would complete the trifecta as the broken power stat set. For WvW I would be more interested in something like Seeker's stats.

Seeker's is still glass, if they remove Trailblazer and Minstrel it's fine. But We're talking about classes with high burst (whether it be healing or condition) without having to sacrifice any defense. So yeah, how about the same treatment for Power? Let's go with an example: for power to really be effective you need 3 stats: power, precision and ferocity. While conditions specs can be effective with just 2: condition damage and condition duration, hell in this meta it is not even worth the duration, so just stack 1 offensive and two defensive and you are still optimal. While with power you gotta mid/max and change one amulet and then one ring and then the weapon needs to be this and that...ect. Make it either simple for all or mid/max for all.

I agree with you that if Trailblazer's and Minstrel's are allowed to exist on ascended/exotic gear, so too should Demolisher's. Realistically, if all three did exist at the same time, builds would be even more boring and fights between power classes would be far less interesting too.

I died the other day to a bunker FB because they did more damage to me than my berserker rev did to them.

With all the defense mechanics entering the game, I think we could use more "glass" stats.

PowerPrecisionFerocityCondition DamageExpertiseConcentrationHealing Power

Unfortunetly adding glass stats in won't remove the facetank stats already in the game. They still havnt figured out how to rebalance warrior's defense line, if they have even tried. Increasing cooldowns doesn't stop defy pain and last stand from carrying bad warriors.

What exactly is broken about trailblazers? because currently most scourges run either grieving, cele or a mix. Trailblazers is a wet noodle.

@Justine.6351 said:I died the other day to a bunker FB because they did more damage to me than my berserker rev did to them.

With all the defense mechanics entering the game, I think we could use more "glass" stats.

I totally agree. There are a total of 13 with main power, but none that main stat ferocity.

@Justine.6351 said:

Unfortunetly adding glass stats in won't remove the facetank stats already in the game. They still havnt figured out how to rebalance warrior's defense line, if they have even tried. Increasing cooldowns doesn't stop defy pain and last stand from carrying bad warriors.This has been by biggest gripe about wvw for a long time, how warrior stances stances worked. They made some adjustments, which have helped, but if you spec them right they become immune to all power and condi based damage.

@TheWolf.1602 said:i'd rather have diviner set :)

While we're requesting, Mender's would be nice to acquire.

@alcopaul.2156 said:if you don't die on full zerker, demolisher's is not needed.

Sounds like a warrior perspective to me. I'm talking about giving all power classes the ability to mix and match vitality and toughness without sacrificing their main damage stats: power, precision and ferocity.

The imbalance in this argument comes from the point that other stats like condition doesn't need 3 stats to be effective, like I said, you can go full Dire if you wish and your build is gonna work with only one offensive stat and two defensive. I wanna see a power warrior roaming with Soldiers gear and be as effective as a condition Mirage with Dire gear. You see my point?

It's about giving access to less complicated mix and match of gear for power specs that already have it difficult with keeping 3 offensive stats high.

Archived