Gathering Tools

It means that you can right click a tool in your shared inventory to equip, and have the tool it replaces returned to the shared inventory slot.Before this change, the replaced tool would be put into your normal inventory. It’s a really straight forward change to the behaviour.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:It means that you can right click a tool in your shared inventory to equip, and have the tool it replaces returned to the shared inventory slot.Before this change, the replaced tool would be put into your normal inventory. It’s a really straight forward change to the behaviour.

Not a change but a fix like it said in the patch note. It was already the behavior before that patch. In the week prior to that I happened to be doing a lot of that sort of swapping without any issue and I know a friend who had been doing that since shared slots became available. There were obviously some situations where it did not work correctly which is what got fixed.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You aren't swapping them for other Gathering Tools placed in your Shared Inventory Slots. They will only 'swap' with tools placed in the Shared Inventory Slots, and only from the Shared Inventory Slots.

Indeed, it's obvious the OP did not understand the meaning of "swapping".

@"Annika.7084" said:Ok thanks for the input. I understand what you mean. Still I find the patchnotes confusing ... 'between equipeed slots and open shared inventory slots' and as my video shows there are 3 open slots in the shared inventory.

"Between" means "in exchange for", as does "swap". It means there must be something there to swap it with.

Archived