Tempest open world build with earth?

Ryou.2398

So the two recommended variants from arcane here are water which feels like a waste to me without a group to support, and fire which seems to risky solo, I tried to briefly and did not like the lack of utility, however I find arcane extremely underwhelming now, they just do not feel very effective or useful compared to others, people talk about a rework maybe its arcane that needs one but I am not expert. So I was wondering if anyone has tried earth with this? Did it work out? I hope I do not need condi gear to make it work. Thanks all.

And just fyi I am using warhorn.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Dagger/x_Fresh_Air

Long ago I played around the idea of having an earth/fire condi build. It didnt work out dont really remember y I remember damage being too low and survivability being still a bit less then desired. HOWEVER I think that with weaver u can pull out a decent air/earth PvE open world build with sword/dagger or scepter/dagger. I actually wanted to try out a couple of builds on my weaver after work today, If I come up with something I will let u know

I haven't really tried a power based earth build. Elemental Shielding + Unstable Conduit and Imbued Melodies will give you a lot of protection uptime without needing to swap to earth, so if that's what you're after, then it's a good choice, and the anti-condi from diamond skin is nice when you need it

If you're talking about forcing in Earth Specialization into a Fresh Air Tempest build, it can work. Specifically, it can replace Fire Specialization to give you more survivability while your character's out adventuring on their own. Elemental Shielding, for example, can give you a lot of Protection thanks to Unstable Conduit, Elemental Bastion (or Imbued Melodies), and "Feel the Burn!" Geomancer's Training is useful in areas with enemies with lots of movement impairing attacks (Mordrem Tormentors, Wolves, enemies in Bitterfrost Frontier, etc.), whereas Rock Solid is a more proactive option to weather some enemy CC. I'd finish off with Diamond Skin as the Grandmaster Trait for some condition management.

@"Ryou.2398" said:So the two recommended variants from arcane here are water which feels like a waste to me without a group to support, and fire which seems to risky solo, I tried to briefly and did not like the lack of utility, however I find arcane extremely underwhelming now, they just do not feel very effective or useful compared to others, people talk about a rework maybe its arcane that needs one but I am not expert. So I was wondering if anyone has tried earth with this? Did it work out? I hope I do not need condi gear to make it work. Thanks all.

And just fyi I am using warhorn.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Dagger/x_Fresh_Air

For open world you just take fire/air/tempest.

@"Psylocker.5264" said:Long ago I played around the idea of having an earth/fire condi build. It didnt work out dont really remember y I remember damage being too low and survivability being still a bit less then desired. HOWEVER I think that with weaver u can pull out a decent air/earth PvE open world build with sword/dagger or scepter/dagger. I actually wanted to try out a couple of builds on my weaver after work today, If I come up with something I will let u know

I have a condi ele since the start of PoE mainly because I wanted to do an earth condi built sadly other saw it or had the same idea so Arena.NET nerfed it because they used it excessively in PvP and WvW .

This is my current built : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnUMAlNgFNAG5CM5iFBAbIGMDKCBBgQ5B4eVHrv1A-jxRAQBd4ECER1fCpyvAqnQg7PAgHEwNVCSKAYWWB-e

I can tell I got 24K DPs with those weapons with an Earth-Earth-Fire rota , with a staff I got 28K with a Fire-Fire-Earth rota and I'm usually much lower with my golem dps then other players. What I still need to experiment with is another runes (Rune of Renegade which I don't believe), and the Sigil of Malice.

This isn't the perfect form anyway because the new Grieving stats giving a good chunk more dps then I will change the runes anyway. Problem in its core is sword and dagger need you to go close range and staff is not an option for earth condi

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@"Psylocker.5264" said:Long ago I played around the idea of having an earth/fire condi build. It didnt work out dont really remember y I remember damage being too low and survivability being still a bit less then desired. HOWEVER I think that with weaver u can pull out a decent air/earth PvE open world build with sword/dagger or scepter/dagger. I actually wanted to try out a couple of builds on my weaver after work today, If I come up with something I will let u know

I have a condi ele since the start of PoE mainly because I wanted to do an earth condi built sadly other saw it or had the same idea so Arena.NET nerfed it because they used it excessively in PvP and WvW .

This is my current built :

I can tell I got 24K DPs with those weapons with an Earth-Earth-Fire rota , with a staff I got 28K with a Fire-Fire-Earth rota and I'm usually much lower with my golem dps then other players. What I still need to experiment with is another runes (Rune of Renegade which I don't believe), and the Sigil of Malice.

This isn't the perfect form anyway because the new Grieving stats giving a good chunk more dps then I will change the runes anyway. Problem in its core is sword and dagger need you to go close range and staff is not an option for earth condi

wait 24k dps on a golem? thats super dude! I do on my mirage 22k! and that build is meta! ( I am not fully geared tho )

You gain basically nothing in Earth for pve content (or even pvp tho) so I wouldn't recommand playing earth... arcane has some nice (better) survivability options when it's paired with water trait line ! It's a pretty damn versatile trait line ... offense AND defense.

Earth traits are too old and not in synergy with the actual game features and mechanics.(Hope it will get reworked soon tho)

@Psylocker.5264 said:

@Psylocker.5264 said:Long ago I played around the idea of having an earth/fire condi build. It didnt work out dont really remember y I remember damage being too low and survivability being still a bit less then desired. HOWEVER I think that with weaver u can pull out a decent air/earth PvE open world build with sword/dagger or scepter/dagger. I actually wanted to try out a couple of builds on my weaver after work today, If I come up with something I will let u know

wait 24k dps on a golem? thats super dude! I do on my mirage 22k! and that build is meta! ( I am not fully geared tho )

If you're doing 22k out of the Mirage's potential, you can expect to get something like 16k from a build that has 24k potential. So no, it's not "super".

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Psylocker.5264 said:Long ago I played around the idea of having an earth/fire condi build. It didnt work out dont really remember y I remember damage being too low and survivability being still a bit less then desired. HOWEVER I think that with weaver u can pull out a decent air/earth PvE open world build with sword/dagger or scepter/dagger. I actually wanted to try out a couple of builds on my weaver after work today, If I come up with something I will let u know

If you're doing 22k out of the Mirage's potential, you can expect to get something like 16k from a build that has 24k potential. So no, it's not "super".

It is certainly better then expected

@Psylocker.5264 said:

It's a snowflake build you can use to goof around. Most of these could be pushed into the 20s.

@Feanor.2358 said:

It's a snowflake build you can use to goof around. Most of these could be pushed into the 20s.

isnt that also enough to finish raids with?

@Psylocker.5264 said:

Technically? Yes. In practice? Only if you're a very, very skilled player. But then you wouldn't get 22k on a meta Mirage. You can't just look at golem numbers and assume you'll get the same in actual raid. It doesn't work like that.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Technically? Yes. In practice? Only if you're a very, very skilled player. But then you wouldn't get 22k on a meta Mirage. You can't just look at golem numbers and assume you'll get the same in actual raid. It doesn't work like that.

yea ye I know Its different in raid, one person told me I do around 18-20 in actual raid

@Psylocker.5264 said:

Full zerker Daredevil only using autoattack does 22k.. not so super :D

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

I would actually like to see that, since I heard a ton of complains about theifs and revs

@Psylocker.5264 said:

I would actually like to see that, since I heard a ton of complains about theifs and revs

Thiefs benchmark is low (30k) and it doesent offer anything for group. Thats why all the complains. 22k isnt good dps on golem.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Thiefs benchmark is low (30k) and it doesent offer anything for group. Thats why all the complains. 22k isnt good dps on golem.

If you really however are interested to see it, add me and join at raid Golem in 40min :D going there anyway :D

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

If you really however are interested to see it, add me and join at raid Golem in 40min :D going there anyway :D

cant rn I am not at home but I will! msg me when u are going there and I will join u

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

for build and gear I have it actually is I am not a try hard nor do I like to change my build too much from open world to other stuff. So I am pretty happy with 22k ( posbly higher now since I changer quite a few gear pieces in last few days ) so I guess its how u look at it :smiley:

• 2 months later...

Okay I tested it today gained because of the boost of the sword has gained earth condi now its is about 27-28k (with allies)I also tested the rune which is recommended on metabattle (Renegade) which turned out to be worse then my choice(burned 20g for this test)

The dmg is relative the same around all sizes(the big golem got 500-800 dps less)

The fire variant I haven't tested yet but it~~ should be 4k(at least) more so about 31-32k .. I think I will test this too.~~ Edit: Turns out it is nearly the same I don't know what they did but now earth and fire condi are nearly equal fire is 1 k lower ~.~

I wasn't big in the mode for talking when I posted it but yeah the built is nuts melee with an Ele is suicide on its own but the rota is even worse then the one you run with staff weaver. So you have to be in desperate need of such a class otherwise it doesn't make sense

Okay I also tested condi staff weaver 25k on middle size golem and 24k on big. It the same like all staff weaver at the moment DPS is trash even sword condi is better at the moment.

In general I also don't use the summon firesword very well so with some training you could squeeze 1-2k more dps out of it but I also use full boons in end I think this cancel each other out because condi weaver DPS isn't effected like power Weavers through the numbers of boons which lies on the char only on what effect it directly.

I would make DPS tries without allies but in case of Weaver doesn't make sense weaver need alacrity and quickness like a fish needs water.

By the way what makes my rota so worse on condi sword is it is instable and very fast so you have to look at the skill bar constantly

Ah yeah and I changed the 0 skill to firesword http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnUMAlNgFNAG5C8RgFBALIAEKPA3r6Y9teIGMDKCA-jxRAQB3UJYIV+1hTIAAeQABUPhA3fIiq/QKAYWWB

I could try condi Tempest but I'm sure it will be less DPS because they buffed sword and scepter isn't this great

@Psylocker.5264 said:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 24k benchmark dps = meta bois.

Archived