Spellbreaker or Soulbeast?

TheShadow.7640

Soulbeast is has a disadvantage regarding its weapon. Dagger if Spellbreaker is just better in many aspects and you get more skills.Soulbeast has way more engaging combat though and is more fun to use IMO.Soulbeast can be played as Power or Condi and can be effective. Spellbreaker only has power. Soulbeast has higher mobility and life regen, Spellbreaker has better block and Immunity uptimes (resistance included). Soulbeast is a Ranger Spec which has acces to spirits (and Druid with HoT) so you are always a nice edition to a group.Spellbreaker has Banners through Warrior.

Its an even match but Spellbreaker is better in competitive modes and has higher DPS in raids.

@BadSanta.6527 said:I find soulbeast boring espec

Its more to do with Ranger not being a very dynamic or responsive class. Theres an almost intetional level of awkwardness in many of its skills. I'm starting to suspect its the unintuitive amount of aftercast in many of its skills, combined with several timing critical skills having too long of a cast time. The result is a janky flow for skill combos... and is enough to break the rhythm if you're not actively aware of this.

SoulBeast Dagger comes off as horrible for this very reason, and Spell Breakers MH dagger flows so much better despite both having a similar moveset.

If you roam, go Spellbreaker. If you go with the zerg, go Soulbeast. As a Spellbreaker main in large groups I can tell that there´s a reason you may only find 1 or 2 in the squad of a full map. Corrupted so fast and hard that it will make your head spin. But as a roamer its great

@Magnuzone.8395 said:If you roam, go Spellbreaker. If you go with the zerg, go Soulbeast. As a Spellbreaker main in large groups I can tell that there´s a reason you may only find 1 or 2 in the squad of a full map. Corrupted so fast and hard that it will make your head spin. But as a roamer its great

I zerg with a Spell breaker all the time, and not have a huge problem with corruptions. All you have to do is not get caught in the initial stun bomb, and then having 10 seconds of immunity to cause havoc before having to clear out of the AOE fields. A quick trip back to the Firebrands for a cleanse, punish any enemies that got separated from their supports, and by the time you're done, your defense skills should be coming off cool downs. If the fight is still going, you just wait for another opening to dive in, and dish out another round of bloody noses.

Because you're an overreach melee by intent, rapid repositioning is important. Its only an issue if a player is not good at doing that, or the Commander backs out of an attack after a push already started, leaving you high and dry after the first action. I frequently drop Berserker Stance for FeatherFoot Grace when the squad flip flops too much; letting me change positions or retreat if they fail to commit.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Magnuzone.8395 said:If you roam, go Spellbreaker. If you go with the zerg, go Soulbeast. As a Spellbreaker main in large groups I can tell that there´s a reason you may only find 1 or 2 in the squad of a full map. Corrupted so fast and hard that it will make your head spin. But as a roamer its great

I zerg with a Spell breaker all the time, and not have a huge problem with corruptions. All you have to do is not get caught in the initial stun bomb, and then having 10 seconds of immunity to cause havoc before having to clear out of the AOE fields. A quick trip back to the Firebrands for a cleanse, punish any enemies that got separated from their supports, and by the time you're done, your defense skills should be coming off cool downs. If the fight is still going, you just wait for another opening to dive in, and dish out another round of bloody noses.

Because you're an overreach melee by intent, rapid repositioning is important. Its only an issue if a player is not good at doing that, or the Commander backs out of an attack after a push already started, leaving you high and dry after the first action. I frequently drop Berserker Stance for FeatherFoot Grace when the squad flip flops too much; letting me change positions or retreat if they fail to commit.

how do you get 10 seconds of immunity?

@RedShark.9548 said:

how do you get 10 seconds of immunity?

That came out kind of confusing I guess. If you take Last Stand instead of Cleaning Ire, you get 2 uses Balanced Stance, plus your resistance skills, plus one Endure pain on trait, and the manual one if you really think you need it. Its not hard immunity, but you're basically unkillable unless they completely pin you down..... which should be rare unless they have nothing else to target. You also melt fast once your defenses are down if you can't get rid of the conditions. This over commitment to pure sustain is done for one purpose.... to try and gum up the enemy mid-line and separate the back line, without being a total suicide run... and hoping the rest of your squad can push through the opening. Because if they don't, its a total suicide run.

My server has problems with maintaining a sufficient group comp.... so the hand full of us that do run the sustain core have to carry a lot harder then most of the servers we fight.

Archived