How do people earn money in GW2?

Dude the gold drop in this game sucks. Idk if it’s just the world I’m playing in but the trading post is so inactive. I’ve tried to sell my nodes online but only made like 1 gold.. I’ve resorted into buying gems and converging them in gold and using my left over gold for crafting my armor into 400 using gw2craft.net.

To make gold you need to do more than just digging stuff out of the ground and selling it , as thats what most other players are also doing.The TP operates on a supply / demand basis so selling stuff thats easy to get means that the supply exceeds the demand so you dont get much for what you are selling.Generally doing events will get you more gold , or if you like speculating , buying and selling stuff on the TP also works.

Best way for raw gold: Raids, t4 fractals, dungeons (not popular anymore), ranked pvp when season is ongoing(sort of, not fast compared to others).Others farms which bring gold by selling the materials: Silverwastes farm (RIBA), Istan farm, Leather farm (in Lake Doric), HoT meta events, wood farming..These are the main ones imo, but there are many other ways to farm gold. Almost everything you do brings you gold in some way, some things just more than others.

Archived