Need help from a skilled Jumper

I need the flask of tears from the chalice of tears jumping puzzle for the aurora collection. I'm usually really good about doing these collections on my own, but this jumping puzzle is overwhelmingly frustrating for me. I'm usually home around midnight pst on weekdays for a few hours and free all weekend if I've get a time.

The chalice is an unhappy place. It makes me very sad to describe a JP with these words.

Anyway, there is hope. With the latest Living Story Ep 2, we gained access to a very interesting device, the Prototype Position Rewinder. This gadget is a game-changer for hard and unforgiving cheap death-traps. It can be purchased at the Renown Heart near Anniogel Encampment Waypoint in Sandswept Isles.

It has unlimited uses, infinite range, short cooldown and can be described as an "oops"-button. You create a save-spot wherever you are and have a 25 second window of opportunity to return to that spot. Made the impossible leap? Just do another save-spot. Making those has no cooldown, you can spam them at every step you do. If you however have to use the rewinder-function, you feel a ridiculously low cooldown of 30 seconds. The rewinder can be used in mid-air (= falling), walking, running or standing. If you accidently open your glider, it cannot be used. But you only have to reach any landable spot and push the button and 'bing' you are back at your savepoint and not that gas-vent 12 jumps before.

Costs? 175k karma + 75 Diflourite Crystals. For a personal portal with infinite uses, infinite range and a very short cooldown that is more than cheap. And it works inside a shared inventory-slot.

I hated the chalice from the beginning. I love JPs, but I hate the chalice. When I discovered this tool, I did the chalice alone (with guide). The cheap death-traps are one thing, the navigation is a different but also annoying part. I made it in 20-30 minutes, slowly at my own pace. I was able to instantly retry my failed jumps and not re-do a tour. Surprisingly, if you have this ability, you do not fail as often as normal. No tension or fear of messing up.

Is that cheating? I don't know and I don't care, because I do not consider the chalice a real Jumping Puzzle as well. A real jumping puzzle silently asks you to stop during the tour and have a look at the awesome area or listen to the music and sounds. I feel more joy doing the darkroom in the Obsidian Sanctum without a torch. It still looks a million times better than that ugly volcano. (imho)

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:The chalice is an unhappy place. It makes me very sad to describe a JP with these words.

Anyway, there is hope. With the latest Living Story Ep 2, we gained access to a very interesting device, the Prototype Position Rewinder. This gadget is a game-changer for hard and unforgiving cheap death-traps. It can be purchased at the Renown Heart near Anniogel Encampment Waypoint in Sandswept Isles.

It has unlimited uses, infinite range, short cooldown and can be described as an "oops"-button. You create a save-spot wherever you are and have a 25 second window of opportunity to return to that spot. Made the impossible leap? Just do another save-spot. Making those has no cooldown, you can spam them at every step you do. If you however have to use the rewinder-function, you feel a ridiculously low cooldown of 30 seconds. The rewinder can be used in mid-air (= falling), walking, running or standing. If you accidently open your glider, it cannot be used. But you only have to reach any landable spot and push the button and 'bing' you are back at your savepoint and not that gas-vent 12 jumps before.

Costs? 175k karma + 75 Diflourite Crystals. For a personal portal with infinite uses, infinite range and a very short cooldown that is more than cheap. And it works inside a shared inventory-slot.

I hated the chalice from the beginning. I love JPs, but I hate the chalice. When I discovered this tool, I did the chalice alone (with guide). The cheap death-traps are one thing, the navigation is a different but also annoying part. I made it in 20-30 minutes, slowly at my own pace. I was able to instantly retry my failed jumps and not re-do a tour. Surprisingly, if you have this ability, you do not fail as often as normal. No tension or fear of messing up.

Is that cheating? I don't know and I don't care, because I do not consider the chalice a real Jumping Puzzle as well. A real jumping puzzle silently asks you to stop during the tour and have a look at the awesome area or listen to the music and sounds. I feel more joy doing the darkroom in the Obsidian Sanctum without a torch. It still looks a million times better than that ugly volcano. (imho)

Very informative post. Thank you for writing this all out.

I have a question regarding the device though, if you or others can answer it:

1. After you place your save spot, if you splat and die on your jump and quickly get revived/use a revive orb, is your save erased or can you still hit your 'return/rewind' button? Does the bundle item get discarded and need to be used again, which would 'forget' the save spot?

Thank you for any additional information on this item that can be provided.

(edit: re-wrote my question as I discovered waypoint use resets the item/discards the bundle)

@StinVec.3621 said:Very informative post. Thank you for writing this all out.

1. After you place your save spot, if you splat and die on your jump and quickly get revived/use a revive orb, is your save erased or can you still hit your 'return/rewind' button? Does the bundle item get discarded and need to be used again, which would 'forget' the save spot?

(edit: re-wrote my question as I discovered waypoint use resets the item/discards the bundle)Death, no matter how fast you get resurrected, results in the device being stowed. The save-spot is removed.Getting downed has the same effect.Equipping a bundle or using a mount leaves the rewinder functional, if you switch back within the 25 second window.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

@StinVec.3621 said:Very informative post. Thank you for writing this all out.

(edit: re-wrote my question as I discovered waypoint use resets the item/discards the bundle)Death, no matter how you get resurrected results in the device being stowed. The save-spot is removed.Getting downed has the same effect.Equipping a bundle or using a mount leaves the rewinder functional, if you switch back within the 25 second window.

Thank you very much for that additional information on the behavior of the item.

Archived