Mount skill suggestions

I have some mount suggestions for skills.

1. Move mount actions to weapon skill buttons to avoid complicated keybind setups.

2. Add additional skills to mounts to balance out skill numbers across mounts. Here's a list of suggested ones with existing ones.

Key:...............-Weapon 1...........-Weapon 2............-Weapon 3Raptor:........-Tail Spin..............-Forward Leap.....>Farm nodeSpinger:......-Cannonball.......-High Jump...........>Buck dismountSkimmer:..-Barrel Roll...........-Levitate.................>Mount/Rush to surfaceJackal:........-Pounce..................-Teleport................>Teleport up wallGriffon:.....-Swoop...................-Dive........................-Rise

Farm Node - Raptor animation that farms any node while mounted if tool is equipped.Buck Dismount - Springer flips player off into forward arc at half max springer jump height and same distance forward.Mount/Rush to Surface - Mounts skimmer while underwater rushing to surface w/player.Teleport Up Wall - When facing a wall, jackal w/player is teleported on top of elevated surface. Height limit is same as forward teleport distance limit.

Weapon 5 - Dismounts player while keeping mount visible beside player and following. Ends if player goes to combat, glides, falls (not standing jump), or moves to elevated position above mount. Useful for screen shots, videos and such.

Anyone else have any suggestions for Weapon 4 across the board?

Adding these kind of abilities would make the mounts overpowered and somewhat pay to win. Being able to farm nodes while mounted would be ridiculous. Mounts aren't meant to be used for farming nodes. They are just a way to traverse throughout the environments.

Also, your recommendation for the skimmer rushing to the surface with a player is still available in the game. Not many players know this, but if you use underwater waypoints in zones like Mount Maelstrom, you can teleport while mounted on the skimmer and you'll see your character rushing to the surface. It's pretty funny once you see it.

@Hoodie.1045 said:Adding these kind of abilities would make the mounts overpowered and somewhat pay to win. Being able to farm nodes while mounted would be ridiculous. Mounts aren't meant to be used for farming nodes. They are just a way to traverse throughout the environments.

Also, your recommendation for the skimmer rushing to the surface with a player is still available in the game. Not many players know this, but if you use underwater waypoints in zones like Mount Maelstrom, you can teleport while mounted on the skimmer and you'll see your character rushing to the surface. It's pretty funny once you see it.

I've seen other posts about people wanting to be able to farm while mounted. How are my suggestions in anyway pay to win? Raptor farming would only save you seconds but it would look kind of cool if they did the effect right. Rush to the surface you said exists in a form now. My suggestion would just make it less of a kludge. The Jackal porting up would just save a step to dismount, mount springer, then dismount. The springer buck dismount is also just a time saver. You can leap forward on other mounts already. It would just do it in away that dismounts the player.

Lastly the skill 5 of having the mount beside you wouldn't be a combat skill. It'd just be for aesthetics, screen shots and video making. Many have expressed the desire for this.

Nothing in my suggestion is in anyway related to pay to win. They are just suggestions for slight time savings with interesting effects. I went out of my way to suggest limitations to avoid any real advantage on the mount beside you. If anything the movement would just level some of the movement advantages across some mounts. They could all be done with a new mastery point.

This really empty mount skill bar don't make sense at all, it would be nice indeed to have more skills, theh look unfinished. Peoples became lazy with the addition of mounts, it's a minimum to force them dismount to farm nodes, or cut their legs then? Of course it will save seconds, but I can't imagine...You can already bypass some jumping puzzles / Vistas with them... which is kinda outrageous whereas the oldest players had to climb and jump again, with their legs...

@hugo.4705 said:This really empty mount skill bar don't make sense at all, it would be nice indeed to have more skills, theh look unfinished. Peoples became lazy with the addition of mounts, it's a minimum to force them dismount to farm nodes, or cut their legs then? Of course it will save seconds, but I can't imagine...You can already bypass some jumping puzzles / Vistas with them... which is kinda outrageous whereas the oldest players had to climb and jump again, with their legs...

It's a game not walking to the mailbox to get the mail. Modern games have splashy animations. It wouldn't be any different than a new tool skin from the gem store. It would just be a cutey animation for the raptor directly. It would still require tools be equipped to do so and still use up breakable tools.

Archived