So GW2 is being advertised on the Bless Online page...

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I wouldn't exactly call that 'advertising'. It's a Newsfeed that evidently picks up any mention of Bless Online from the Gamer Magazine, etc. sites (good or bad), as mentioned above.

Well even if it is just a newsfeed, having this on their homepage after the launch was such a desaster and having quite a lot of bless players going to GW2, is basically advertising for GW2 even if this wasn't intentional from anyone. I mean the first newsfeed that was visible on the Bless homepage was titled " grab GW2 expacs for 30% off".

Very little care went into this.

@Jethro.9376 said:The gift, that keeps on giving.This whole Bless drama gets better and better =)

The only reason I was interested in that game was because it was advertised as F2P a year ago. Then it went to a B2P model at $30, so I decided to wait. Turns out they took two years to do nothing but a bad translation. No optimization improvements, basically no combat improvements. So glad I wasn't that invested in that game.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I wouldn't exactly call that 'advertising'. It's a Newsfeed that evidently picks up any mention of Bless Online from the Gamer Magazine, etc. sites (good or bad), as mentioned above.

I'm sorry, do we live on the same plane of existence?

You can spend hundreds of hours of commercial time on ANY of the top 5 media networks and still not get even close to the amount of coverage, for your target demographic, in almost 100 years of television. I mean it's a 1 in a million kind of event.So we have this and then we get "what's his name" streamer openly recommending GW2 over wasting 30$ on Bless, I mean this is the absolute best outcome your PR guy wouldn't have even thought of as imaginable, let alone possible, PR non-campaigns ever. If I was ANet, I'd crack a bottle of Dom P in honor of Bless Online's flop.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:What? A newsfeed isn't advertising. Not sure what the rest of the post is about, really...not the OP topic. Nothing ArenaNet did, for sure.

You misunderstand me,I suppose it's my fault I didn't start my post with /s attached.I do not in any way stipulate ANet had actually something to do with it mate.You got played :lol:

A lot of ads on those websites are based off of your own browsing habits. So you play GW2 and have youtubed videos, used the wiki, reddit etc. The technology recognizes common areas in your browsing habits and shows you ads based on those habits. The result is you seeing GW2 sales on other sites that use paid advertisement technology.

@Zushada.6108 said:A lot of ads on those websites are based off of your own browsing habits. So you play GW2 and have youtubed videos, used the wiki, reddit etc. The technology recognizes common areas in your browsing habits and shows you ads based on those habits. The result is you seeing GW2 sales on other sites that use paid advertisement technology.

This is not example of cookie based ads.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Zushada.6108 said:A lot of ads on those websites are based off of your own browsing habits. So you play GW2 and have youtubed videos, used the wiki, reddit etc. The technology recognizes common areas in your browsing habits and shows you ads based on those habits. The result is you seeing GW2 sales on other sites that use paid advertisement technology.

This is not example of cookie based ads.

Yeah, this is more like a Google Alerts box (but not necessarily using Google). If you go to their website they've got loads of sections on the main page for news/promotion about the game and it appears to all be automated. One section shows Twitch videos which come up if you search for Bless Online, one is Twitter posts about it and one is news stories.

Unfortunately because it's automated it's showing both the good and the bad. For example right now the Twitter section is full of people complaining that the servers were down for maintenance (something I tend to forget other games still do) and the news section is all about their 'troubled' launch and how to decide whether to get a refund or wait and hope it gets better.

I'm sure it seemed like a great idea at the time to automate it so they'd have all the latest news without someone having to manually add it, but at the moment it doesn't look great, and even for a game that's doing well it's extremely risky because you could so easily end up with an extremely negative result being the first one on the list just because people keep watching/reading it.

Archived