Please stop with the jump puzzles. I genuinely do not enjoy any of them.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Klowdy.3126 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:As far as I can remember, all jumping puzzles are optional in the game. If you don’t like them, you can simply skip them.

That is true, but jumping puzzles are sometimes part of the daily quests. Not doing them finds you left out of those rewards.

And there are always mesmers porting for those.

Players also have 11 other options to choose from if they don’t want to do the JP daily.

o_O but there hasn't been a new one in a while

@Klowdy.3126 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:As far as I can remember, all jumping puzzles are optional in the game. If you don’t like them, you can simply skip them.

That is true, but jumping puzzles are sometimes part of the daily quests. Not doing them finds you left out of those rewards.

which are mediocre in most cases and if it takes you more than a few minutes to do then you probably would have gotten equal or better rewards from some other activity

there is also usually an army of memsers hanging around the daily jp

I'm not saying they aren't easy, and that there aren't ways around them, I'm just trying to give the other side some people might not see. There aren't always mesmers, and some people might have a tick, requiring them to finish dailies. I've known a few people I could never game with, because they had to harvest/open/complete everything.

I am a JP addict and cannot support request from OP.

Like said by many before me, it's not because one does not like something that it should be stopped. JPs are like many other things in the game: Some like it, some not. This variety is very good: This allows that everybody can enjoy whatever suits him/her better.

@Klowdy.3126 said:

It's minor rewards and for daily completionist you have plenty of options, so the jps are never required.

This game caters to many thousands of people. Many of them have different wants as far as what the game offers. It's in ANet's best interest to provide some of what players want to as many players as they can. Unless a player is willing to embrace all of what the game offers, it is extremely unrealistic for that player to expect to be able to do everything in the game or get every reward or achievement. I suggest that you realize this, and accept that if the JP's are not for you, that you just ignore them. This may mean you won't get what little they offer, but that is a consequence of your choice to limit what you are willing to do.

@Klowdy.3126 said:I'm not saying they aren't easy, and that there aren't ways around them, I'm just trying to give the other side some people might not see. There aren't always mesmers, and some people might have a tick, requiring them to finish dailies. I've known a few people I could never game with, because they had to harvest/open/complete everything.

So this is an honest question ... Do you believe that because a few people do not enjoy optional jumping puzzles, that they should be removed, so no one can enjoy them? Otherwise, what are you proposing?

@Klowdy.3126 said:

i almost never play the daily jp. there are always mesmers around :-)well i dont like them too. but i made a mesmer for the big ones and doing aurora now i found myself enjoying the jps.

Although I don't support the OP's wish for no more JPs (I am not a big fan of them too, especially the later ones), your statement is not 100% true

• you need to do JPs because of some collections (e.g. Murssat Tokens in the Chalice of Tears)
  • you need to revisit old JPs again for legendary Aurora (same as above)

The checkpoint system is OK now (although I would have added 50% more checkpoints to port to), but I really hate the ones where there is zero indication to where to go (Ember Bay, Draconis Mons) or those that are super punishing (Aetherblade). Some JPs allow Mounts or Gliding IIRC which either makes them trivial (LA) or more difficult (by accidentally opening the glider).

@Klowdy.3126 said:

There are always 12 daily tasks available.So there's always 11 alternatives.Besides that, i have yet to see a single jumping puzzle with a mesmer porting people to the end for free.

please stop with content X because i don't want to put in the most minimal of efforts for my 2 gold

Archived