Please stop with the jump puzzles. I genuinely do not enjoy any of them.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Some vistas, such as one in Diessa, were at the end of jumpinjbg puzzles. Some vistas, players would even consider to be a mini jumping puzzle. Vistas were required for map completion which were required to make legendaries. So the creation of legendary weapons has required jumping puzzles since launch.

Vistas do have jumping to them but are not even comparable to many of the jumping puzzles in difficulty. Thankfully the one in Diessa was pretty minor. There is also a vista in the straits of devastation that has one tricky jump to it. The vista in dredgehaunt cliffs is also another one that comes close.

Ayrilana, I will have to concede that the diessa jumping puzzle is a requirement for world completion and that world completion was a requirement for the gift of exploration used in legendaries. I guess that jp was so benign I didn't even notice...….. Tip of the hat to you Ayrilana………. haha well now that my at launch jp requirement theory has been deflated I would kindly ask the developers to tune the jp requirements on par with the diessa jp : ) I think it is wall breach or something like that.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Game of Bones.8975 said:They are required to craft some items. Yes, those items are optional to play the game, but if you have met all the requirements for crafting EXCEPT that one JP that you can't finish... it's as good as not starting the crafting process at all.

I have to disagree with this statement getting to the point you just have the jp is not that bad. You can ask your guild for help, most guilds are more then happy helping ppl finish a jp. You have 5 guild slots so one should be able to help. If that fails ask on map chat there a plenty of ppl out there willing to help. I can't count the numbers of times I have given a helping hand to ppl on jp's.

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:Jumping puzzles are not optional if the are REQUIRED for any collection.

Of course they are optional.. you are not forced to do them because the collections have zero bearing on your ability to complete story, quests or anything - they are simply content fillers with a few rewards pushed in for those that like such things and put some effort in... but that does not make them REQUIRED it makes them OPTIONAL.

I don't care if I am forced to do the collections or not. The fact is if I want to do the collections I am REQUIRED to do jumping puzzles. There is no option to skip the jumping puzzles if I want to complete the collection. That is in no way OPTIONAL.

If the collection itself is optional then so too is anything that gates it.

I agree the collection is optional. I do not agree the jumping puzzle is optional as it is a REQUIREMENT for the collection.

Heck, pvp is optional but if I had to do a kitten jumping puzzle before I could play it. It would never happen.

Is it possible to choose to not do the jumping puzzle?

If the answer is yes then it is optional, by definition, period.

I can assure you that the answer is yes as I have not done the jp.

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:Jumping puzzles are not optional if the are REQUIRED for any collection.

Of course they are optional.. you are not forced to do them because the collections have zero bearing on your ability to complete story, quests or anything - they are simply content fillers with a few rewards pushed in for those that like such things and put some effort in... but that does not make them REQUIRED it makes them OPTIONAL.

I don't care if I am forced to do the collections or not. The fact is if I want to do the collections I am REQUIRED to do jumping puzzles. There is no option to skip the jumping puzzles if I want to complete the collection. That is in no way OPTIONAL.

I agree the collection is optional. I do not agree the jumping puzzle is optional as it is a REQUIREMENT for the collection.

Heck, pvp is optional
but if I had to do a kitten jumping puzzle before I could play it. It would never happen.

By your logic, how is pvp optional if it's required to get the legendary backpack tied to it or for the unique skins from completing its reward tracks? It seems you're not using this designation consistently.

I stand corrected. Pvp is not optional...… Let's remember though that skins were connected to pvp from day 1 of this game...…. Skins were not connected to jumping puzzles from day 1 on this game..... unfortunately with the advent of Super Adventure Box... the platforming creep began.

Actually, PvP skins were exclusive to PvP at day one... You had to unlock skins for PvP independently from PvE.SAB was, and still is some of the most popular, successful and fun content in the game. Jumping puzzles were ALWAYS a big part of the game. From people doing Obsidian Sanctum and the Borderland JPs for extra badges back at the game's start to achievement hunting, to playing "Not so Secret" a year before even collections were released for the shoulder skin. Jumping puzzles have always been an integral part of this game, and one of it's more unique aspects to be celebrated.

I understand some people have a hard time doing them, not everyone is as coordinated, some people are elderly even, there's some JPs (Not so secret chief among them) that can be extremely frustrating, but they always were and should remain what they are, a unique, very well delivered feature that is integral to the game's identity.And honestly, just because you can't enjoy them doesn't mean you have a right to request their removal or reduction. Worse even, you're actually late to the party since PoF had pretty much
no jumping puzzles to speak of
and there's been no jumping puzzles on the Season 4 episodes.

And if anything the game is lacking. So really, why is this a topic, since there's been over half a year since there was a new Jumping Puzzle?My guess is OP failed at one JP or another, and instead of trying again and facing his ineptitude, he projected that into a perceived flaw, and decided to vent it in the forums.

Seriously some of my best memories in this game were of running JPs or SAB with my guild mates, trying to remove that experience from others because you can't enjoy it is incredibly selfish.

I am not asking for jumping puzzles to go away. I am asking that they be treated as they were at launch of the game. No skins were gated behind jumping puzzles.

I am fine with them being a daily as this is consistent with the start of the game. I also am fine with the rewards jumping puzzles have always given. I don't want jumping puzzles gaining in importance in this game. This game is all about fashion and gating skins behind jps makes platforming much more important in the game.

You are wrong about them being a daily at the start of the game aswell, the daily system we had in begining was to generic to have daily jump puzzle.It was stuff like dodge 15 attacks harvest 10 trees tag 4 events kill 5 veterans and stuff like that.

@Linken.6345 said:

Heck, pvp is optional
but if I had to do a kitten jumping puzzle before I could play it. It would never happen.

By your logic, how is pvp optional if it's required to get the legendary backpack tied to it or for the unique skins from completing its reward tracks? It seems you're not using this designation consistently.

I stand corrected. Pvp is not optional...… Let's remember though that skins were connected to pvp from day 1 of this game...…. Skins were not connected to jumping puzzles from day 1 on this game..... unfortunately with the advent of Super Adventure Box... the platforming creep began.

Actually, PvP skins were exclusive to PvP at day one... You had to unlock skins for PvP independently from PvE.SAB was, and still is some of the most popular, successful and fun content in the game. Jumping puzzles were ALWAYS a big part of the game. From people doing Obsidian Sanctum and the Borderland JPs for extra badges back at the game's start to achievement hunting, to playing "Not so Secret" a year before even collections were released for the shoulder skin. Jumping puzzles have always been an integral part of this game, and one of it's more unique aspects to be celebrated.

I understand some people have a hard time doing them, not everyone is as coordinated, some people are elderly even, there's some JPs (Not so secret chief among them) that can be extremely frustrating, but they always were and should remain what they are, a unique, very well delivered feature that is integral to the game's identity.And honestly, just because you can't enjoy them doesn't mean you have a right to request their removal or reduction. Worse even, you're actually late to the party since PoF had pretty much

And if anything the game is lacking. So really, why is this a topic, since there's been over half a year since there was a new Jumping Puzzle?My guess is OP failed at one JP or another, and instead of trying again and facing his ineptitude, he projected that into a perceived flaw, and decided to vent it in the forums.

Seriously some of my best memories in this game were of running JPs or SAB with my guild mates, trying to remove that experience from others because you can't enjoy it is incredibly selfish.

I am not asking for jumping puzzles to go away. I am asking that they be treated as they were at launch of the game. No skins were gated behind jumping puzzles.

I am fine with them being a daily as this is consistent with the start of the game. I also am fine with the rewards jumping puzzles have always given. I don't want jumping puzzles gaining in importance in this game. This game is all about fashion and gating skins behind jps makes platforming much more important in the game.

You are wrong about them being a daily at the start of the game aswell, the daily system we had in begining was to generic to have daily jump puzzle.It was stuff like dodge 15 attacks harvest 10 trees tag 4 events kill 5 veterans and stuff like that.

: ) only half a century old and the memory is already starting to slip

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:

Perhaps it is just my naivety with mmorpgs. Most of the rpgs I play steer clear of any kind of intense platforming(Dragon age, Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.) This is the first mmorpg I had ever played. What I love about rpgs is acquiring stuff and customization. When I first played this game I never needed to do a jumping puzzle to acquire anything. Perhaps I am just naïve about mmorpgs. Are mmorpgs more prone to platforming than regular rpgs?

There is a major difference between an MMORPG and a SPRPG. The SPRPG developer makes money by selling a box. The MMORPG developer can make money by selling a box and does make money by keeping players around to either pay a monthly sub, or to buy store items. Whether it's sub or store, the player who has left the game is not spending money in an ongoing fashion. That's bad for MMO developers.

So, MMO devs keep people around by giving them things to do (playable content). Since different people like different types of content, they make different kinds of content. All of that content requires money to create. However, not all players will like all forms of content. So, MMO developers use rewards to entice players to do all (or at least, most) of the content they create.

So, no, the MMORPG genre is not prone to jumping puzzles. MMO developers are prone to giving players incentives to utilize whatever content they create by tying rewards that players might want to each type of content they put in the game. JP's may not be part of every MMO, but they have been part of GW2 since launch.

At one point, an ANet blog suggested that they were putting content in the game that players would find fun to play (and repeat, because MMO's are prone to promoting repetitive play). Many players told ANet they would not repeat content with little or no reward. At launch, JP rewards were not worth bothering with. As a result, ANet had to choose whether to stop making JP's, or provide incentives for players to complete them.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Perhaps it is just my naivety with mmorpgs. Most of the rpgs I play steer clear of any kind of intense platforming(Dragon age, Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.) This is the first mmorpg I had ever played. What I love about rpgs is acquiring stuff and customization. When I first played this game I never needed to do a jumping puzzle to acquire anything. Perhaps I am just naïve about mmorpgs. Are mmorpgs more prone to platforming than regular rpgs?

There is a major difference between an MMORPG and a SPRPG. The SPRPG developer makes money by selling a box. The MMORPG developer can make money by selling a box
and
does make money by keeping players around to either pay a monthly sub, or to buy store items. Whether it's sub or store, the player who has left the game is not spending money in an ongoing fashion. That's bad for MMO developers.

So, MMO devs keep people around by giving them things to do (playable content). Since different people like different types of content, they make different kinds of content. All of that content requires money to create. However, not all players will like all forms of content. So, MMO developers use rewards to entice players to do all (or at least, most) of the content they create.

So, no, the MMORPG
genre
is not prone to jumping puzzles. MMO developers are prone to giving players incentives to utilize whatever content they create by tying rewards that players might want to each type of content they put in the game. JP's may not be part of every MMO, but they have been part of GW2 since launch.

At one point, an ANet blog suggested that they were putting content in the game that players would find fun to play (and repeat, because MMO's are prone to promoting repetitive play). Many players told ANet they would not repeat content with little or no reward. At launch, JP rewards were not worth bothering with. As a result, ANet had to choose whether to stop making JP's, or provide incentives for players to complete them.

Good to know.. Ty for the response

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:As far as I can remember, all jumping puzzles are optional in the game. If you don’t like them, you can simply skip them.

That is true, but jumping puzzles are sometimes part of the daily quests. Not doing them finds you left out of those rewards.

And there are always mesmers porting for those.

Players also have 11 other options to choose from if they don’t want to do the JP daily.

Those who don't PVP only have three other options.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:TD is a great map. There are many different ways to move around and get from one location to another.

There's always one who insists something that generally is considered terrible is good, simply to be different I guess.

The map itself is gratuitously annoying, presumably the world builder was wanting to demonstrate his 'leet skillz' when it comes to making terrain that's totally confusing, and failed to produce an in-game map that helps much at all.

And no, there aren't "many different ways" to get from A to B, if the waypoints aren't available your only choice is to run through mob-filled passages .. yes, we can now 'fly' but the terrain mostly makes that less than fun too.

I've been through the map many times and I still don't know how to get from the entry point from AB to the exit to DS without ending up going in circles at least once.

@Vayne.8563 said:If this was a solo game, you'd have a point. But people who don't do jumping puzzles to end up getting those jumping puzzles done. Does it make the legendaries a bit harder? Sure it does. But, you know, it's a legendary.

i'm not that good at jp. Chalice Tears was bit pain but i did it. 3 times and there where always other people around who helped. Some of them jumping in front of you and showing you every stepp.The only one i never finished is not so secret. i used a tp2friend for the googles.

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:

If you took the time and effort to look at what the collection required then you would of known there was a jump puzzle to be done or a frac challenge or.. whatever. Fact is you decided you wanted to do the collection.. that's right you chose to, you took the option, but now you suddenly want the reward from it for free - just like life, it doesn't work like that.You are in no way forced to undertake any collection, you chose to, just like you have chosen to come to the forum and cry foul cos you want it ez win, but can't get it.

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:

And is any collection required in order to play the game? Raids must not be optional as they're required to complete a collection or two. Before PvP/WvW reward tracks, dungeons were not optional either. Legendary collections require fractals so I guess all players are required to play fractals.

The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

There's content for everyone in this game. If someone doesn't like JP's, such as the OP, they can simply not do them.

What if someone likes a skin that requires a jp but he/she doesn't like JPS? Your solution doesn't work. The reason your solution doesn't work is because JPs are not optional. I am simply saying don't make jps requirements. Let's be honest here. Skins are pretty much the whole thing in gw2 and by requiring jps to get them Anet made platforming a whole lot more important than they ever were in the original game.

I too, want a Ferrari but I don't like to work harder, could the Ferrari CEO just make it so that I could just buy one by working only 2 hours a day?

This is not about working harder. This is about platforming becoming more and more prevalent in the game.

"Working harder" was just an analogy. By the logic you're using on the other comments;"I am REQUIRED to do a meta event to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx""I am REQUIRED to kill some mobs to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx""I am REQUIRED to play the game to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx"

I am saying that the importance of platforming has increased since launch. This is a trend I do not care for. For example, I wouldn't want to play the first 3 dragon age games and then have the fourth turned into an assassins creed gameplay style. While not as dramatic, gw2 has increased the importance of platforming.

GW2 was released as a game with platforming. I haven't seen that increase any more than what we had at launch.

How many skins required jps at launch?

How many collections did we have at launch?

I am not sure how many collections we had to be honest, but I do know that at launch jps weren't required to acquire skins. Platforming has absolutely increased since launch. We have many more jumping puzzles in the game than we had at launch. More jps more platforming.

Nah I am pretty sure most if not all the JP's in core Tyria were there at launch, save Aetherblade and possibly a few others as new maps and Events got added to the game... maybe this is about one's inability to do them perhaps rather than "platforms, dey booorrring"

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:

Using that logic I'd like to ask for world bosses to be brought back to optional, too. I'm sorry, but I really don't enjoy doing world boss events, and I was very well able to craft a gen 1 legendary weapon without going near any of them, but now that I'm trying to craft Nevermore, I have to deal with a variety of different world bosses (including Dragon's Stand, which is pretty much the only obstacle between me and the finished weapon by now).

Will I eventually do all the bosses and meta events required? I certainly will. Will I enjoy it? Some maybe, some definitely not. But I sure won't complain that they are in the game and that I need to deal with them for grabbing specific (mostly collection) rewards these days.

It took me from HoT launch until a couple of weeks ago to finish my revenant armor, and the only thing missing was a single world boss for the last year or so. I still haven't finished any of the PoF specialization weapons , and all that's missing for most of them is a bounty or two, because I don't enjoy running with a bounty train. I still haven't done all of the triple trouble, tequatl, or shatterer achievements, because that would mean I'd have to run each boss event several times. So going with your logic, I'd say that if you kick jp requirements out of collections, you might as well kick world boss requirements out of collections, too.

If we go that route though, I'm afraid we'll soon be left with empty collections or at best those that you can buy your way through just standing around in LA.

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:

Heck, pvp is optional

Your now blaming SAB for this affair.. c'mon. SAB was just one devs little part time project that funnily enough turned out to be one of the most sought after, most successful events in the game.. it wasn't even meant to be taken all that seriously iirc, more of a bit of fun - but its success and players desire for more gave ANET an opportunity to keep players engaged, earn some revenue and keep many players happy - - why is that so bad.You are not forced to play it, but if you want the shinies from it then you have to make that conscious decision of whether its worth your time and effort.. clearly some things are but you don't want to put the effort in to get them, you want it as a hand out... try running your own business and see how far that philosophy gets you.Or perhaps you see your dream car driving past the dealership, so YOU DECIDE to you go in, then YOU DECIDE on buying the car on a finance plan.. now you are required to complete that plan before the car is legally yours. If you suddenly decide mehhh I don't want to go to work to earn money to pay the finance agreement off, that dream car gets taken back. Only difference here is you gotta complete the agreement/collection in full before you get your shiny.. either way you decide if you want the shiny, you agree to undertake the plan in order to get the shiny and you have to put the effort in to get the shiny... common theme - YOU decide - It is NOT forced upon you to do the collection and it has ZERO bearing on being able to play the game and there is ZERO disadvantage to you if you don't have it.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:As far as I can remember, all jumping puzzles are optional in the game. If you don’t like them, you can simply skip them.

That is true, but jumping puzzles are sometimes part of the daily quests. Not doing them finds you left out of those rewards.

Players also have 11 other options to choose from if they don’t want to do the JP daily.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:TD is a great map. There are many different ways to move around and get from one location to another.

There's always one who insists something that generally is considered terrible is good, simply to be different I guess.

The map itself is gratuitously annoying, presumably the world builder was wanting to demonstrate his 'leet skillz' when it comes to making terrain that's totally confusing, and failed to produce an in-game map that helps much at all.

And no, there aren't "many different ways" to get from A to B, if the waypoints aren't available your only choice is to run through mob-filled passages .. yes, we can now 'fly' but the terrain mostly makes that less than fun too.

I've been through the map many times and I still don't know how to get from the entry point from AB to the exit to DS without ending up going in circles at least once.

Actually there are. There are tunnels leading from each outpost to the corresponding lane. There are nuhoch wallows leading the same way. There are several tunnels and nuhoch wallows connecting the different lanes and outposts with each other, and there is the leyline confluence that is the connection between all the lanes. There is even the lowest underwater layer that connects all the outposts as well.

TD is a complex, 3-dimensional map. That's why it is one of my very favourite maps in the game. Once you do find your way around, it is a masterpiece of connecting routes. For example, to go from AB to DS (I guess you mean the back door, not the main entrance that the pact blasts open after a successful meta attack, as that's rarely available), you can go south into the tunnels, drop down to Ogre Lane, then head west from there. Or you can take the updrafts to the opening at the side of the great tree, then either go down the tree (not recommended due to mob density) to the Ogre outpost, or head up to the flax farm and drop down to the Ogre outpost from there. Then again it's down to Ogre Lane (either via nuhoch wallow or tunnels) and west. Or if you want it safer and don't mind a detour, take the tunnels and wallows north-east to Teku Nuhoch, then find your way to the leyline confluence via wallow or tunnel, and go to Ogre Lane from there.

If you (or anybody else) are on EU and would like a tour of TD, feel free to drop me a line, and I'll gladly acompany you around the map :) .

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:They are required to craft some items. Yes, those items are optional to play the game, but if you have met all the requirements for crafting EXCEPT that one JP that you can't finish... it's as good as not starting the crafting process at all.

I have to disagree with this statement getting to the point you just have the jp is not that bad. You can ask your guild for help, most guilds are more then happy helping ppl finish a jp. You have 5 guild slots so one should be able to help. If that fails ask on map chat there a plenty of ppl out there willing to help. I can't count the numbers of times I have given a helping hand to ppl on jp's.

Please read the part where I said "you can't finish" not that you couldn't find help finishing. I added that on purpose as an absolute endgame statement to account for those who are embarrassed to ask for help, don't belong to a number of guilds, or don't know what options they have open to them. Not everyone playing the game knows all the tips and tricks of how to bypass harder sections.

That being said, you are correct in pointing out that there are multiple ways to combat JPs; help from others is high on the list, YouTube vids are another way to visualize what you need to do, and if all that fails, the PC might need more game experience before tackling that specific piece of armor/weapon.

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:

Heck, pvp is optional but if I had to do a kitten jumping puzzle before I could play it. It would never happen.

By your logic NOTHING in Gw2 is optional, because almost everything rewards you with something that's exclusive to that content. So tell me why you think that, while everything else is NOT optional, JPs SHOULD be optional.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Some vistas, such as one in Diessa, were at the end of jumping puzzles. Some vistas, players would even consider to be a mini jumping puzzle. Vistas were required for map completion which were required to make legendaries. So the creation of legendary weapons has required jumping puzzles since launch.

Also very true, forgot to mention that! > @Linken.6345 said:

Heck, pvp is optional

Actually no, the initial daily achievements were just kinda crappy and no one cared about them, and were just "do X events", "gather X materials", "get X kills", "kill X enemies", they started adding some (like the dodge one) but it was still very unrewarding. Later (Dec 2013) they changed the system to give a reward after completing 5 tasks, and that's when they added a daily Jumping Puzzle.Monthly had a Puzzle Jumper since April 2013 until they removed them.> @Kraggy.4169 said:

Actually, you're being unfair... The 3D map of TD is actually quite good, and yes there's several ways to transverse the map, especially if you have full masteries, which at this point in time, if you played from the start of HoT, there's really no excuse not to have. If you're just starting, well, you're in the adaptation period.

The problem with TD is that the mini-map (even though it's it's second iteration) is HARD TO READ AS F***!! This in turn makes the map incredibly hard to navigate because you are hard-pressed to know where you're going which gives you two choices: memorize the map (which no one wants), or guess, which can be frustrating. I mean i've personally done the Troll HP at least 6 different times (for myself, not counting helping other people do it) and i still have trouble finding it sometimes.

It doesn't mean that it's a bad map, it means it was meant to be a nest of connecting tunnels and alternative ways (which by itself defeats your premiss of there not being more than one way to get from A to B), that by itself would make it confusing if you're not used to it, and then the fact that they failed twice to make the mini-map readable just makes it worse. It doesn't make it a bad map, but a bad mini-map.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@"Vayne.8563" said:If this was a solo game, you'd have a point. But people who don't do jumping puzzles to end up getting those jumping puzzles done. Does it make the legendaries a bit harder? Sure it does. But, you know, it's a legendary.

i'm not that good at jp. Chalice Tears was bit pain but i did it. 3 times and there where always other people around who helped. Some of them jumping in front of you and showing you every stepp.The only one i never finished is not so secret. i used a tp2friend for the googles.

Not so secret is a pain in the rear end... I've completed it a few times, and i still avoid it like the plague. The problem is that the difficulty is similar to Chalice of Tears, but there's no checkpoints, and there's a very low margin for error, and several places with somewhat random elements (like you have to position yourself just so on some launchers to nail the jump, or you're going to risk dying). Also it's kinda punishing since you have to choose a either/or scenario... You basically can't complete the puzzle and get the chest AND do the Dive.Not so secret is the penultimate expression of developer "sadism", the ultimate expression being, of course Tribulation Mode. ^_^

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

And is any collection required in order to play the game? Raids must not be optional as they're required to complete a collection or two. Before PvP/WvW reward tracks, dungeons were not optional either. Legendary collections require fractals so I guess all players are required to play fractals.

The core of the game doesn't require these things because they're simply rewards. There's a big difference between rewards and content otherwise Anet can just release a massive collection instead of a living world episode and consider that content to last the next 2-3 months.

There's content for everyone in this game. If someone doesn't like JP's, such as the OP, they can simply not do them.

What if someone likes a skin that requires a jp but he/she doesn't like JPS? Your solution doesn't work. The reason your solution doesn't work is because JPs are not optional. I am simply saying don't make jps requirements. Let's be honest here. Skins are pretty much the whole thing in gw2 and by requiring jps to get them Anet made platforming a whole lot more important than they ever were in the original game.

I too, want a Ferrari but I don't like to work harder, could the Ferrari CEO just make it so that I could just buy one by working only 2 hours a day?

This is not about working harder. This is about platforming becoming more and more prevalent in the game.

"Working harder" was just an analogy. By the logic you're using on the other comments;"I am REQUIRED to do a meta event to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx""I am REQUIRED to kill some mobs to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx""I am REQUIRED to play the game to get this, but I don't want to. Plz remove it k thx"

I am saying that the importance of platforming has increased since launch. This is a trend I do not care for. For example, I wouldn't want to play the first 3 dragon age games and then have the fourth turned into an assassins creed gameplay style. While not as dramatic, gw2 has increased the importance of platforming.

GW2 was released as a game with platforming. I haven't seen that increase any more than what we had at launch.

How many skins required jps at launch?

How many collections did we have at launch?

I am not sure how many collections we had to be honest, but I do know that at launch jps weren't required to acquire skins. Platforming has absolutely increased since launch. We have many more jumping puzzles in the game than we had at launch. More jps more platforming.

Nah I am pretty sure most if not all the JP's in core Tyria were there at launch, save Aetherblade and possibly a few others as new maps and Events got added to the game... maybe this is about one's inability to do them perhaps rather than "platforms, dey booorrring"

Yes, the only Jumping puzzle that was added to a map that existed at launch was "Not so Secret" as far as i can remember...Some new maps had new JPs, and since we had 3 New maps added to Core Tyria with Living world Seasons 1 and 2, plus 5 maps added with HoT, plus 6 for LWS3, 5 more for PoF, and 2 More from LWS4.So in total, since launch we had 21 new Maps added to the game.Out of 21 Maps the added:

• 2 JPs to southsun;
  • Not so secret;
  • 1 to Dry Top;
  • 1 to Silverwastes;
  • 5 to Heart of Maguuma
  • 3 with LS3
  • 1 with PoF
  • 0 with LS4

So in 21 new Maps they added 13 Jumping Puzzles... I wouldn't say it was a terrible number of new Jumping puzzles, that's 13 added in almost 6 years (~2,2 per year).

@Game of Bones.8975 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:They are required to craft some items. Yes, those items are optional to play the game, but if you have met all the requirements for crafting EXCEPT that one JP that you can't finish... it's as good as not starting the crafting process at all.

Please read the part where I said "you can't finish" not that you couldn't find help finishing. I added that on purpose as an absolute endgame statement to account for those who are embarrassed to ask for help, don't belong to a number of guilds, or don't know what options they have open to them. Not everyone playing the game knows all the tips and tricks of how to bypass harder sections.

That being said, you are correct in pointing out that there are multiple ways to combat JPs; help from others is high on the list, YouTube vids are another way to visualize what you need to do, and if all that fails, the PC might need more game experience before tackling that specific piece of armor/weapon.

Wait, so now a person's character flaws (being unable to ask for help, being too anti-social to join a community in a MMORPG, and being ignorant of options and too lazy to find them) should be a factor in development of a game? So in a game that has MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER in it's genre definition, devs should account for people being too anti-social to even seek help or advice from other players running around? Again, that's a very egocentric, narcissistic and selfish world view. Kinda says more about how spoiled players are than how badly the game was developed.

I kinda blame this on how they developed GW1. GW1 was essentially a single-player game with a MP lobby (basically like Diablo 2) but was touted as being a MMORPG. So a lot of people that came from that game still haven't adjusted.

I hated JPs when the game released, but nowadays I wish they'd release more mega JPs like the Aether JP in Gendarran Field. I actually enjoy a good difficult JP, when I know I am sitting down to play through the JP. I don't like JPs, when they are mini JPs randomly set up in various places simply to hinder my mobility across a map. That gets stressful.

With Mounts... they could do some crazy new JP ideas. More like running through gauntlets rather than simple JPs. I think in HoT they did something similar to this with the gliders. I thought that was a lot of fun, but I'd like to see this in normal story mode/map/dungeon/fractal play, rather than some gold medal challenge.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

Then that’s on the player for limiting there options. There are some that dislike activities and group content too which means that there will be days that they “cannot” get their daily done. That is completely on them though.

Any source to back up that TD is “generally considered bad” which isn’t anecdotal or based on your own observation?

There are multiple ways. You have waypoints and wallows for starters. Running from location to location has multiple routes. The four lanes, and their outposts, are interconnected quite well.

I suggest taking the time to explore rather than getting upset because you cannot just simply run in one direction and reach your intended location as if the map were completely flat.

It's sad that JP annoys you was one of the thing that made ppl addict to the game ! It was one of my challenges to do all of the JP of the game ...But then the living world season appears and they add the ember bay map ... i wouldn't even have tried that one if i didn't want to make Aurora ... but yeah I like big flying shiny globes .

@Klowdy.3126 said:I'm not saying they aren't easy, and that there aren't ways around them, I'm just trying to give the other side some people might not see. There aren't always mesmers, and some people might have a tick, requiring them to finish dailies. I've known a few people I could never game with, because they had to harvest/open/complete everything.

Ok.. so can we please do away with pvp dailies because i hate pvp and some people might hate it too and have a tick which requires them to finish all the dailies.

Seriously though, ive never seen there NOT being a mesmer porting at a daily jp.... like ever. Pretty sure there are guilds designed for just that.

@mauried.5608 said:The logic of this thread can be summarised like this .I want something thats in the game .To get the something I want , I have to do something else that I dont want to do.Therefore the something I dont want to do should be removed.Which essentially means that everything thats needed to get anything that I want has to be enjoyable by me .Wonder why this concept wont work?

It's not quite as cut and dry as that though, given that platforming isn't something you would expect to find in an MMO style game, just like you wouldn't expect to find to find extensive crafting, outfit customization, or combat rotations in a Super Mario platforming game. That isn't to say they can't both be present in the same title, but the frustration against JPs in GW2 is perfectly understandable.

And incidentally, the number of times I've tried to run across the top of a vine in HoT only to slide off the side because of terrible modeling, or forces me to use a springer to jump over it, suggests that if any MMO was to include extensive JPs, GW2 wouldn't be the optimal choice.

Archived