Windows Desktop while loading maps

Hey,

since today? I have the issue, that when I'm changing maps/porting around and the loading wallpaper is visible, I see the Windows desktop for some time. GW2 is visible again when the map is loaded. Does anyone else have this phenomena? Before that I played some other game on Steam, if that matters.Not really a problem, just some "thing".

Cheers, Galmax

@"Linken.6345" said:Maybe check the first page in account technical support?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23095/game-alt-tabbing-or-flashing-desktop-merged#latest

Its becouse of the windows update mate.

Maybe try a less patronising tone?

Maybe stop pretending that an old thread where multiple different culprits are addressed answers OP’s and my question in re: the 3 June windows update?

@kiwiburner.2186 said:

Maybe stop pretending that an old thread where multiple different culprits are addressed answers OP’s and my question in re: the 3 June windows update?

It’s the exact same issue. At the moment there isn’t a solution to get rid of it.

Here's a constructive response for OP rather than expecting him to wade through 10 pages of posts to the despair at the end.

1) Go to graphics options and wait switch resolution to Windowed fullscreen mode2) Wait for patching to deal with Windows update-driven kittenry.

@kiwiburner.2186 said:

Unfortunately, the mods merged an older issue with the newer Win10 issue (not to mention a totally unrelated thread, which may or may not have been 'un-merged, again). If you use the 'Jump to Dev post/next Dev post' feature, you can read the current topic posts.

Good luck.

@kiwiburner.2186 said:Here's a constructive response for OP rather than expecting him to wade through 10 pages of posts to the despair at the end.

1) Go to graphics options and wait switch resolution to Windowed fullscreen mode2) Wait for patching to deal with Windows update-driven kittenry.

Fullscreen Windowed Mode doesn't work for everyone.

It doesn't for me.

Nothing is working to stop it now.

Archived