I forgot to enter the promo code when buying PoF

I've already filed a request for a refund/retroactive discount, but I'm curious as to exactly how ANet's refund system works.

I have not redeemed POF yet and was considering just letting the refund sit while buying a copy of POF with the discount applied. Has ANet been known to ever deny a refund of an unused expansion key?

If you are referring to the recent sale, I think I saw others noting that the promo code is only valid when purchasing both HoT and PoF at the same time, that entering the promo code when just purchasing PoF showed that it was not a valid code.

May want to hold off on attempting to purchase another copy with the promo code as it will likely give you the same invalid code message due to your 'cart' not also including HoT.

Regarding refunding your unactivated PoF, they will certainly provide the refund for it as you just purchased it via their official store. That would cause that 'game key' to be invalidated and a new copy would need to be purchased. However, you would still likely not be able to apply the discount code on a new purchase if it is accurate that it only applies to the HoT/PoF combo.

However, as it could take potentially several weeks to hear back from support due to the high volume of tickets causing slower than normal responses, the sale will likely be long over before you hear back and you'll have waited to play the game for that time just to be told that the sale did not apply to single expansion purchases, but to the combo. They'd refund this PoF purchase, but you would just need to buy another at its full price.

Q.Can anyone else confirm that this discount code is only valid when purchasing both HoT and PoF together?

If it is confirmed to only be for the combo, I would say that you'd likely be good to just activate the PoF you purchased and then consider updating your ticket to note that you no longer need assistance with a refund.

If it is still unclear if it requires both expansions or not to be valid, and you do not mind waiting potentially several weeks to be able to jump into the game to see about the possibility of refunding and re-buying in order to get the 30% discount, it couldn't hurt to see what support ends up responding with regarding the matter. however, the sale is likely to be long over with before they respond, and I do not believe they are able to perform partial refunds and all refunds are total refunds and also terminate the account. It's unlikely they could provide a special 30% discount code for a re-purchase if the current promotion does apply to only purchasing PoF, but is expired by the time they respond.

The code is supposed to be available until 8 June. It should apply to HoT or PoF or both. It won't apply to Ultimate editions (they aren't going to discount the gems; you can buy the Deluxe at discount, then buy gems separately at regular price).

However, ANet has acknowledged that some people weren't getting the discount applied to their purchase. If you tried since the code was made available and did not get the discount, contact support. They will do their best to help (some people have already reported receiving an appropriate refund).

• ArenaNet Staff

Why don't you go ahead and submit a customer support ticket (see "Support" at the top of the page) and the team will do what they can to help you. It may take a bit to get back to you, but don't worry, that won't impact their ability to assist you.

Welcome to the game!

Archived