Crafting: Scribe / Chef

@"Jordus Stoutmantle.6417" said:Thanks. Chef it is.

Good choice. Regarding your pair: jeweler is actually a sadly fairly useless profession, as it doesn't have any ascended gear associated. So, other than a tiny handful of items used in other professions, it has little ongoing value.

I'd actually put the whole scribe thing more strongly: it is completely useless unless you are dedicated to sinking 500+ gold into your guild, and expect to continue putting in significant amounts of gold into the future. There is pretty much zero personal benefit to having the profession.

If you do want it, talk to your guild about being an "official" scribe, and getting them to funnel stuff toward you to cover the costs, while you craft the stuff that is needed by the guild in return.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Jordus Stoutmantle.6417 said:: jeweler is actually a sadly fairly useless profession, as it doesn't have any ascended gear associated.

Yet. :)

I'm still holding out hope, not so much that you can craft ascended jewellery, but that Jeweler will be given something for the accessory slot.

Chef is trickier given it's a consumable, and who wants to blow ascended crafting materials on a 30 minute buff.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Jordus Stoutmantle.6417 said:: jeweler is actually a sadly fairly useless profession, as it doesn't have any ascended gear associated.

Yet. :)

I'm still holding out hope, not so much that you can craft ascended jewellery, but that Jeweler will be given something for the accessory slot.

Chef is trickier given it's a consumable, and who wants to blow ascended crafting materials on a 30 minute buff.

Non-ascended chef stuff is valuable, while non-ascended gear of any stripe is (eventually) completely useless. So, the nature of the profession, predominantly consumable buffs, means that it doesn't drop off the same way. You do see the same basic effect, though, with half a dozen recipes worth crafting, and the rest just ... noise, basically.

Archived