Why is no one talking about this lol

Madisonlee.9641

For those who don't want to watch, there are two issues with the Rock Gazelle pet.

Intended (I believe): The huge base damage on charge, 4k ish, double the second largest which I think is tail swipe at around 2k ish. Why give the deer double the power of any other pet on such a short 15 sec cd? Fully buffed this can hit around 25k with maul and sic' em, etc. (my apologies for being too lazy to find exact numbers)

Unintended (I believe): Charge hits multiple times, almost always. This means you will often see charge insta kill ANYTHING it hits for around 60k+

Those things being said, Rock Gazelle literally cannot hit anything that moves. If you tell it to charge a moving target it tends to just stare at them for a few moments and the attack won't go off. All its skills are wonky, especially the f2 and charge.

I WANT to use the deer for its melded skills, so can you guys at anet like fix it's broken crap and actually make it able to land it's attacks please?

(hope the Taiwanese guy who made the vid doesn't mind me linking it)

Because we know that the gazelle will get nerfed with one of the first tuning patchesthe same goes for the relentless + sic em + maul wordly impact one shot wonders - a 20k aoe finisher won't survive a tuning patch.

The only sad thing is that - while we know that those nerfs will happen - we also know that they won't fix other pressing issues with the first patchesNeither will they give beastmode pet family skills a proper tuning for a couple of weeks/months.

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but maybe the slowness of the gazelle is designed to counterbalance the high damage? As you said, if the target is moving, it's near impossible for the gazelle to hit it, but if they stand still, they're dead. We all know GW2 tries to promote movement in combat, so this might be a way to further punish stationary PvP players. (I dunno. I don't PvP, despite having reached Bunny somehow.)

Archived