WvW "no downed state week" and the scrapper

lLobo.7960

@lLobo.7960 said:So, for one week, scrapper function gyro will be worthless in 2/3 game modes...

Time for a rework on it?

Lol, it's in such a terrible state already, nobody will notice. Not like that many people play scrapper any more.

I mean seriously, they give scrapper not insignificant buffs and it's still a worse tank than chrono, and does less damage to boot. LOL

Scrapper, minus the S.

According to ArenaNet, Scrapper is supposed to be a tank. But their traits, both active and passive, don't really allow for much tanking. Making Rapid Regeneration a minor passive trait would help in fixing this issue, but some of the other traits need to be looked at again and made into either giving more barrier, or protection, or even both. If something is going to be a tank, it needs to be tanky. scrapper is slightly tanky, but not to its full potential.

Scraper skills have low base dmg . Even if you go full zerker gear like I do dmg is way too low compared to any other class on the game.

My suggestion is that traits should give you the change to increase you support , damage , or survival, with a gigantic diference on them, like this players should always focus in what they Wana play with, tank support or dps.

Right now Scrapper is out of date compared to any other class or even engenieer builds, you can surpass scrapper in everything.

Engenieer needs a dam rework and a good dam rework!

Scrapper was insanely good at PvP in HoT but terrible at PvE . Now, it just sucks at everything and every game mode you put it on.

Please, work hard on this class!

Having mained on Scrapper for almost 3 years I can concur with all of the above comments. It really sucks having to do the keyboard equivalent of the Rachmaninoff 5 just to get same amount of damage as a "push 1 to win" Scourge (or any other class for that matter). Their recent updates, while an improvement, haven't really changed anything in terms of the Scrapper's (or the Engineer's) viability in WvW or PvP. Pathetic...

As I remember it, the scrapper was designed during the time when the WvW meta was the Hammer Train. Warriors and Guardians would stack stability on themselves, then charge forward and mash everything to death in a wave of AoE CC. The scrapper was meant to be a third car in the hammer train, since it also CCs, charges forward, and does AoE damage. But... Anet changed the way stability worked and made boon removal more common, which killed the hammer train and instead gave us the battleship meta.

It is sad that Anet made the holosmith to just be a powercrept scrapper. I like how the scrapper plays, but the holosmith continues to irk me. The utilities have awkward timing, and I have to blow myself up to do good DPS.

They should take turns in nerfing different mechanics. How about next week boon-transfering is broken? The week after, outgoing healing does not work? And in the third week, stealth is broken?

Noone would accept either of those. But we have to accept getting our "class mechanic" removed for a week. I am not a huge fan of competitive in gw2, but this idea is junk!

Archived