Jump to content
  • Sign Up

The "awakened" minions


Shroud.2307

Recommended Posts

Minor spoiler - During the story, we gain control over awakened minions. We are given the ability to swap between our weapon skills and a new set of skills that command the minions with such things as attack (melee), attack (ranged), tank -> self destruct.

Though I doubt that it would be implemented for a number of reasons, such as that it would be relatively complex to wield, I very much feel that this is how Necromancer minions should function.

Say we have all 5 minions active. We swap to our "minion control panel" which gives us minion specific commands. We'll say that skill 1 is Shadow Fiend for the sake of example. When pressing skill 1 once, it melees. When pressing skill 1 again, it ranges. When pressing it on our utility bar, it executes it's minion-specific attack as it always has (which in this case is "Haunt.")

Anyone else think this would be amazing? I really felt like I was commanding an undead horde when I was controlling all these Awakened. At one point I had 12 of them and I was just laughing maniacally as I made them zerg anything that crossed my path. I would love so much to get a feeling like that when using Necro minions and it would bring so much more to the playstyle as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I have not gotten to that Story yet, I have often thought about reworking Staff in to a minionmancer weapon, aka instead of marks, we get 4 minions to summon with our weapon skills (in addition to Utilities), which then flip over to minion control skills which kind of work like marks, where we set areas for attack/special effects.

While I have given up on that ever happening, I still have hope that it will come as an Elite Spec one day with a new weapon (although I can't imagine a thematically better weapon than Staff for Minion Mancer) and an additional dedicated Minion Trait line, with a Deathmagic overhaul (and while they are at it, Blood as well).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:Minor spoiler - During the story, we gain control over awakened minions. We are given the ability to swap between our weapon skills and a new set of skills that command the minions with such things as attack (melee), attack (ranged), tank -> self destruct.

It give me the feeling that anet got a lot of "necromancer" like idea and like to put them in the game but not on the necromancer's profession.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Asum.4960 said:While I have not gotten to that Story yet, I have often thought about reworking Staff in to a minionmancer weapon, aka instead of marks, we get 4 minions to summon with our weapon skills (in addition to Utilities), which then flip over to minion control skills which kind of work like marks, where we set areas for attack/special effects.

While I have given up on that ever happening, I still have hope that it will come as an Elite Spec one day with a new weapon (although I can't imagine a thematically better weapon than Staff for Minion Mancer) and an additional dedicated Minion Trait line, with a Deathmagic overhaul (and while they are at it, Blood as well).

No i disagree with making staff into a minion weapon. Anet can make a minion elite spec and give that a minion weapon but i dont want a pure minion weapon on core necro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Nyel.1843 said:Are Minions used in any area of the game? I tried to level with them but they're just bad.

They make solo'ing pve stuff that normally would get you killed, much easier. Your dps won't be huge, but you won't go down easily, they are kind of a necro easy mode. MM for pvp used to be a thing but since I've been back I have yet to see them. It used to be a very strong bunker spec with very good burst, but I imagine it's outdated now.

TBH I'd have liked some actual necromancer minions rather than meat globs and a shade. GW2 necros are much more light hearted than the theme probably should be, but take what you can get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Muchacho.2390 said:

@Asum.4960 said:While I have not gotten to that Story yet, I have often thought about reworking Staff in to a minionmancer weapon, aka instead of marks, we get 4 minions to summon with our weapon skills (in addition to Utilities), which then flip over to minion control skills which kind of work like marks, where we set areas for attack/special effects.

While I have given up on that ever happening, I still have hope that it will come as an Elite Spec one day with a new weapon (although I can't imagine a thematically better weapon than Staff for Minion Mancer) and an additional dedicated Minion Trait line, with a Deathmagic overhaul (and while they are at it, Blood as well).

No i disagree with making staff into a minion weapon. Anet can make a minion elite spec and give that a minion weapon but i dont want a pure minion weapon on core necro.

I have to agree with this. I could see something like Hammer being used for this. Even better, bring the underwater weapons to land and add the Trident for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@borrok.9267 said:

@Nyel.1843 said:Are Minions used in any area of the game? I tried to level with them but they're just bad.

They make solo'ing pve stuff that normally would get you killed, much easier. Your dps won't be huge, but you won't go down easily, they are kind of a necro easy mode. MM for pvp used to be a thing but since I've been back I have yet to see them. It used to be a very strong bunker spec with very good burst, but I imagine it's outdated now.

TBH I'd have liked some actual necromancer minions rather than meat globs and a shade. GW2 necros are much more light hearted than the theme probably should be, but take what you can get.

Well, you're right that they are somehow tanky. I am playing with Wells at the moment (leveling a new Necro) and it is very easy and very sufficient because Wells are very strong (in lower levels). Minions feel like they have no impact at all which is sad. Maybe I try it again with fitting traits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Nyel.1843 said:

@borrok.9267 said:

@Nyel.1843 said:Are Minions used in any area of the game? I tried to level with them but they're just bad.

They make solo'ing pve stuff that normally would get you killed, much easier. Your dps won't be huge, but you won't go down easily, they are kind of a necro easy mode. MM for pvp used to be a thing but since I've been back I have yet to see them. It used to be a very strong bunker spec with very good burst, but I imagine it's outdated now.

TBH I'd have liked some actual necromancer minions rather than meat globs and a shade. GW2 necros are much more light hearted than the theme probably should be, but take what you can get.

Well, you're right that they are somehow tanky. I am playing with Wells at the moment (leveling a new Necro) and it is very easy and very sufficient because Wells are very strong (in lower levels). Minions feel like they have no impact at all which is sad. Maybe I try it again with fitting traits.

DONT minions are trash tier right now...

you do waaay more dmg and be waaay more tankier with a Well Reaper build.... with 0 minion you can solo even the newest living story event bosses that came before the expansion with it. insane healing from wells with good dmg from your abilities...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...