Mesmer Portal Bug

I'm playing on Kaineng server in WvW. This is a very easy bug to duplicate, so I'm hoping it can resolved quickly.

After opening a Mesmer Portal, getting hit from a physical attack (as seen in the attached video) or taking condition damage (such as poison) will cause me to re-interact with the portal. Resurrecting a friendly player while being on top of an opened portal will also cause me to re-interact with it.

I'm quite certain this wasn't happening until the patch on June 5th, 2018. I also believe that I experienced it with the Necro Swell Portal.~~

EDIT: This seems to only affect the Mesmer that laid the portal. It doesn't affect other people.

2nd EDIT: I always go back and forwards between the two entrances at least twice. Sometimes I do it as many as four times.

Furthermore, this isn't affecting everyone, only some people. I'd be really interested if Anet was at least able to replicate this at all. If not, I can further look into what to do to resolve it. I'm debating deleting my .dat file and then redownloading it. I'm unsure if that'll fix it, but I'm willing to try it.

In an attempt to troubleshoot this, It happens in these circumstances:

• I removed all my armor and it still happened.
  • I matched the traits that another mesmer had. That mesmer wasn't experiencing this bug.
  • I also changed to a completely different trait line than I normally have and didn't select major traits.

I still want to try restoring defaults to my hotkeys and see if that makes a difference.

Any other suggestions to try?

I don't think I can edit my first post, but I wanted to add that I am being ported all over the place in big WvW fights when necros use their Sand Swell portals. Apparently, anyone who has this bug will auto-use portals, regardless of whether it's theirs or not, when they take damage.\

Edit: I've reset my hotkeys and that didn't fix the issue. I've also discovered that if I attack something else while standing on the portal, I will auto-interact with it as well. By "attack", I mean use my #1 key on an enemy.

Edit2: I've also done the -repair command on the shortcut to try and repair the .dat, as per these instructions. The issue still persists.

Interesting update:

This is only happening on my computer. Someone else let me log into their account to see if I can recreate the issue with their character on my computer. It did happen to their account while I was on it. However, once they logged back into their account on their computer, it didn't happen. I will uninstall all of gw2, reinstall, and see if that resolves the issue.

This was resolved. I uninstalled GW2 completly. I went to Programs and Features and Uninstalled Guildwars 2. I then went to C:\Program Files\ and deleted the entire "Guildwars 2" folder, including the gw2.dat file. I then redownloaded the client from: https://account.arena.net/welcome, and installed gw2 from scratch.

No longer happens. Bug resolved.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried deleting just the .dat and reinstalling it with the launcher and that didn't work.

However, after that I was wondering what the difference between that and a full reinstall is and realized that I still had a remnant of the old bgdm.dll and arcdps chainload.dll from back when bgdm was allowed. So I deleted those and it's fixed the bug.

• 4 weeks later...

Were either of you able to fix the bug i'm having the same issue and its annoying to automatically go though the portals :anguished: I'm about to reinstall to see if that helps. Tried running a repair and i also deleted the .dat. Nevermind. Guess i'll just go ahead and reinstall.

This Bug absolutely does happen with Sand Swell as well, I was going to create a new thread because I cannot properly use Sand Swell at all (PvE)As soon as I use Sand Swell I jump to the target location (as intended) but then I will immediatly jump back without pressing F or any key for that matter. And as long as I stand within range of the Sand Swell I'll occasionally jump back and forth without intentionally interacting with the Sand Swell. It's basically unusable for me at the moment.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:If it's only happening with some people on some computers, then I'd check to see if people aren't accidentally hitting an interact key (or mouse button that duplicates that). One of the buttons on my mouse is easily fat fingered with another and it results in "unfortunate" interacts at the worst times.

This is not a fat finger problem. As you can see in the linked video, I was jumping back and forth through the portal. My hands were off the keyboard and mouse.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:This Bug absolutely does happen with Sand Swell as well, I was going to create a new thread because I cannot properly use Sand Swell at all (PvE)As soon as I use Sand Swell I jump to the target location (as intended) but then I will immediatly jump back without pressing F or any key for that matter. And as long as I stand within range of the Sand Swell I'll occasionally jump back and forth without intentionally interacting with the Sand Swell. It's basically unusable for me at the moment.

There is a fix for this. Do the following:

@"Serial Experiments.5407" said:This was resolved. I uninstalled GW2 completly. I went to Programs and Features and Uninstalled Guildwars 2. I then went to C:\Program Files\ and deleted the entire "Guildwars 2" folder, including the gw2.dat file. I then redownloaded the client from: https://account.arena.net/welcome, and installed gw2 from scratch.

No longer happens. Bug resolved.

@"Serial Experiments.5407" said:

This was resolved. I uninstalled GW2 completly.For others with similar symptoms, it's
. If that doesn't work, one can also delete the .dat file without having to formally uninstall the program.

FYI It's likely that it was a corrupted file or ten in the .DAT file. That explains why barely anyone else encounters it (and why a re-install would have any effect).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Serial Experiments.5407" said:

This was resolved. I uninstalled GW2 completly.For others with similar symptoms, it's
. If that doesn't work, one can also delete the .dat file without having to formally uninstall the program.

FYI It's likely that it was a corrupted file or ten in the .DAT file. That explains why barely anyone else encounters it (and why a re-install would have any effect).

Did you even read my posts?

Edit2: I've also done the -repair command on the shortcut to try and repair the .dat, as per these instructions. The issue still persists.

The repair command did NOT fix the problem. You probably can delete the .dat file instead and probably fix the problem. I didn't take this route. I deleted the entire folder (which is mostly just a massive .dat file). Since your screenshots aren't saved in the Program Files and are instead saved in My Documents, there's really no need to specifically just delete a single file. Instead, delete the entire folder and reinstall. The .dat file is 99% of the game's size anyways.

@Serial Experiments.5407 said:Did you even read my posts?

Sure. And it still turns out that stuff like this comes up and can be solved by -repair.I'm sorry that it didn't work for you; that doesn't mean it isn't a valid technique. And since it's relatively quick & painless, it's worth trying in a large variety of situations.

I'm glad you resolved your issue; I was posting for others who might read this later on. I apologize for not making that clear.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Serial Experiments.5407 said:Did you even read my posts?

Sure. And it still turns out that stuff like this comes up and can be solved by -repair.I'm sorry that it didn't work for you; that doesn't mean it isn't a valid technique. And since it's relatively quick & painless, it's worth trying in a large variety of situations.

I'm glad you resolved your issue; I was posting for others who might read this later on. I apologize for not making that clear.

You're just trying to be helpful. It's fine. I hadn't considered the possibility that this exact problem could be resolved in a way that I specifically tested and didn't work for me.

• 1 month later...

Delete your 3rd programs like bgdm in your bin64-Folder of Guild Wars 2!bgdm.dll, d3d9.dll or the files of your tool you use.In case, delete only the bin & bin64 Folder in your GW2-Folder inclusive all files in there.Restart GW2.The bin Folder will created automatically new, after starting GW2

That have to fix the Problem.

Archived