Another New Player - Firebrand Vs Spellbreaker

I usually play a tank in MMO's, so definetly prefer the smash you in the face play style. Really enjoy the lore behind guardian, but the Warrior Spellbreaker build looks like a lot of fun.

Gotten both warrior and guardian to 17'ish, so its time to decide! I have always enjoyed raiding/dungeons (fractals), but I usually split the time between PvE and PVP pretty evenly.

Thoughts on which of these 2 specs would be more "newb friendly" while still being viable long term?

Thanks! I know there are a lots of new player profession discussion threads already!

Based on your preferred play style, and assuming you don't have access to Heart of Thorns at the moment, I would suggest Spellbreaker. In PVE, you're in melee building up damage multipliers before unleashing your massive attacks; in PVP, Spellbreakers apply constant pressure on enemies, and can be played as a very capable duelist.

@"Nugazi.4135" said:I usually play a tank in MMO's, so definetly prefer the smash you in the face play style. Really enjoy the lore behind guardian, but the Warrior Spellbreaker build looks like a lot of fun.

Gotten both warrior and guardian to 17'ish, so its time to decide! I have always enjoyed raiding/dungeons (fractals), but I usually split the time between PvE and PVP pretty evenly.

Thoughts on which of these 2 specs would be more "newb friendly" while still being viable long term?

Thanks! I know there are a lots of new player profession discussion threads already!

I would say Spellbreaker. The warrior is in general a more beginner friendly profession and as you have stated a 'smash you in the face' profession. Guardian isn't as beginner friendly as the warrior and the Firebrand is more for players that enjoy playing support.

Archived