Spinger Mount: horrible to navigate

Ashantara.8731

It is impossible to do anything precise with this kitten beast. It is the most unprecise to navigate mount of all, and seeing as it is needed for many masteries, those that require precision are a pain in the behind. :-1:

The best workaround is to dismount everytime you need to get in position, position yourself facing the right spot and direction, then summon the kitten monster bunny.

(Yes, I actually typed "kitten", twice. :) )

I love my springer, so far the teleport wolf is my least favorite to navigate tight terrain where I might fall. All the mounts are a little clunky, but I like the flavor of them. And springer was the one I was most excited to max out. As a bunny owner, I'm glad to have the springer, and it's forward tilting jump seems quite nice, although I wish it went even higher. I'd also love to see some alternate movement mode where you do a series of medium sized hops. Similar to T1 spinger jump, but mobile. Would be so much fun to jump around.

The hopper seems like it is too fat to turn in place. The raptor and whats that wolf thing called can turn in place when at a standstill.

Actually what is funny, is that the hopper can in fact turn in place (and has no animation for it) while channeling for a jump. :unamused: So it is best to use the camera and forward key to perfect your direction during the jump cast time, It still turns really really slow, so don't try to make a 180 degree correction during the channel time... I can say that one from experience (poor bunny falling into lava or acid or whatever).

@GrizzlyTank.3145 said:The joy of trying a high jump only for it to do a normal one and plunge you back to start.

You need to keep the Space bar pressed all the time, and start pressing it before you press any directional keys. Also, you can still choose directions (in an approximate 180 degree angle) once the jump triggered, which is easier than trying to position yourself correctly in advance.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@GrizzlyTank.3145 said:The joy of trying a high jump only for it to do a normal one and plunge you back to start.

You need to keep the Space bar pressed all the time, and start pressing it
before
you press any directional keys. Also, you can still choose directions (in an approximate 180 degree angle) once the jump kitten, which is easier than trying to position yourself correctly in advance.

Then it turns in the wrong direction and plunges you back to start.

It is not about the navigation. It's the on-spot-problem, when you mount/dismount the springer.I fell from various spots, which are for example a fingertip of a statue or a tiny stone on a cliff, just because the springer's position is diffrent from the characters position.I have this issue with no other mount.

Archived