Nothing about Scourges?

Math.5123

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:This means scourges are hard-countered by anything ranged now.That's nothing new. Anything with 1,200+ range is pro at fighting any and all necromancer build. This nerf to shades doesn't really change that.

~ Kovu

Well... before, Scourge could deal with ranged by activating F2-F5 while casting F1. Now, the F1 is out of the question. Scourges are no longer able to do significant damage on larger points/roads.

They really couldn't. Those shades are super easy to kite out, even before the nerf. Reapers posed more of a threat, and even then really only so much so.I don't know why Anet wants necromancers to feel so sluggish compared to every single other profession.

~ Kovu

Scourges could activate the F2-5 skills before placing the F1 (Manifest Sand Shade). With good timing you can instantly bomb an enemy from afar.

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:This means scourges are hard-countered by anything ranged now.That's nothing new. Anything with 1,200+ range is pro at fighting any and all necromancer build. This nerf to shades doesn't really change that.

~ Kovu

Well... before, Scourge could deal with ranged by activating F2-F5 while casting F1. Now, the F1 is out of the question. Scourges are no longer able to do significant damage on larger points/roads.

They really couldn't. Those shades are super easy to kite out, even before the nerf. Reapers posed more of a threat, and even then really only so much so.I don't know why Anet wants necromancers to feel so sluggish compared to every single other profession.

~ Kovu

Necro has Portal, Spectral Walk and Flesh Wurm teleports.... "sluggish" lolProbs just different opinions but I think that award goes to Guardian

@sephiroth.4217 said:

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

Necro has Portal, Spectral Walk and Flesh Wurm teleports.... "sluggish" lolProbs just different opinions but I think that award goes to Guardian

Right. Fill your bar with those utilities, especially Flesh Wurm and let me know how that goes for you.I'll hop on my ranger. Or thief.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

Right. Fill your bar with those utilities, especially Flesh Wurm and let me know how that goes for you.I'll hop on my ranger. Or thief.

~ Kovu

To be fair, the option is there. It's up to the player wether to take it or not.

@Kovu.7560 said:

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

Would it really matter what utilities I brought if you were just gunna play Thief or Ranger?

As someone else pointed out, the options are there and personally I use all 3 on a variety of builds...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

Would it really matter what utilities I brought if you were just gunna play Thief or Ranger?

As someone else pointed out, the options are there and personally I use all 3 on a variety of builds...

And I suppose the point I made earlier was that they're super easy to kite on many other professions with high range/mobility build options. The clunkiness of Spectral Walk and Sand Swell won't change that. If I can catch a necro in a 1v1 scenario I generally count my blessings. Its not technically a hard counter, but, well, its basically a hard counter.

~ Kovu

edit- Don't get me wrong, I'd still rather have a necro on my side during a team fight than a thief or ranger -- I do speak to the very specific scenario of a necro being kited at range with no allies around.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

To be fair, the option is there. It's up to the player wether to take it or not.

The option is also bad because taking those skills are ineffective because they are dramatically worse than the mobility skills that other classes use, which means they are of little value when it comes to trying to escape. The skills themselves also have stupidly long cooldowns with stupidly long cast times. There is a reason that not one of those mobility skills have ever been used on a meta build, and that's because the skills are all bad.

I mean seriously, necro portal is a 900 range teleport that has a 1 second cast. You can literally walk 900 distance in the same amount of time if you have swiftness.

@Crinn.7864 said:

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

The option is also bad because taking those skills are ineffective because they are dramatically worse than the mobility skills that other classes use, which means they are of little value when it comes to trying to escape. The skills themselves also have stupidly long cooldowns with stupidly long cast times. There is a reason that not one of those mobility skills have ever been used on a meta build, and that's because the skills are all bad.

I mean seriously, necro portal is a 900 range teleport that has a 1 second cast. You can literally walk 900 distance in the same amount of time if you have swiftness.

well I just had a few Reaper games using flesh wurm and spectral walk and was able to out maneuver the enemy thieves and mesmers, was pretty much uncatchable and playing zerker ammy too... Even got matched against my "counter" being Longbow Ranger....5E6nYIm.jpg

fun and effective options are there if you can play builds that aren't meta.... Now back to my OP: I still think the sluggish award goes to Guardian.

@sephiroth.4217 said:fun and effective options are there if you can play builds that aren't meta.... Now back to my OP: I still think the sluggish award goes to Guardian.

The whole difference between a necromancer and a guardian, in regard of mobility, is that the necromancer is somehow liited to it's utility skills while the guardian have them both on weapon skills and utility skills. After all, with 2 meditations skills being teleport and movement skills on weapon, nobody can say either that the option isn't there.

Thus , like some necromancers may wonder why they would waste an utility skill with a movement skill, guardians also wonder if it's worth it wasting their own utility skill spot with a skill like mercifull intervention. Still the option is there.

At the moment, at most, a necromancer (whatever it's build) will always have the option to run up to 3 movement skills max. On another hand, the guardian, which you feel sluggish, still have the option to run up to 5 movement skills max (merciful intervention, Judge intervention, GS2, Sw2 and wing of resolve for DH.). Such waste of skill spot might not be realist but it's a possibility.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:fun and effective options are there if you can play builds that aren't meta.... Now back to my OP: I still think the sluggish award goes to Guardian.

The whole difference between a necromancer and a guardian, in regard of mobility, is that the necromancer is somehow liited to it's utility skills while the guardian have them both on weapon skills and utility skills. After all, with 2
meditations
skills being teleport and movement skills on weapon, nobody can say either that the option isn't there.

Thus , like some necromancers may wonder why they would waste an utility skill with a movement skill, guardians also wonder if it's worth it wasting their own utility skill spot with a skill like
mercifull intervention
. Still the option is there.

At the moment, at most, a necromancer (whatever it's build) will always have the option to run up to 3 movement skills max. On another hand, the guardian, which you feel sluggish, still have the option to run up to 5 movement skills max (
merciful intervention
Judge intervention
, GS2, Sw2 and
wing of resolve
for DH.). Such waste of skill spot might not be realist but it's a possibility.

The difference is that (outside of gs3) they all require a target. This means you can't use them to disengage, unless you're willing to jump onto someone else.

The whole difference between a necromancer and a guardian, in regard of mobility, is that the necromancer is somehow liited to it's utility skills while the guardian have them both on weapon skills and utility skills. After all, with 2
meditations
skills being teleport and movement skills on weapon, nobody can say either that the option isn't there.

Thus , like some necromancers may wonder why they would waste an utility skill with a movement skill, guardians also wonder if it's worth it wasting their own utility skill spot with a skill like
mercifull intervention

At the moment, at most, a necromancer (whatever it's build) will always have the option to run up to 3 movement skills max. On another hand, the guardian, which you feel sluggish, still have the option to run up to 5 movement skills max (
merciful intervention
Judge intervention
, GS2, Sw2 and
wing of resolve

The difference is that (outside of gs3) they all require a target. This means you can't use them to disengage, unless you're willing to jump onto someone else.

Well you got a point but, unlike the guardian, the necromancer don't have any way to block incoming attack, so maybe that make them even in this peculiar aspect that you point out.

Edit: You can also consider merciful intervention as a way to disengage. Yes, it need a target, but you also need to summon wurm, for example, if you want to use it to disengage. and summoning wurm have a relatively long cast time unlike merficul intervention which is instant.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

meditations

mercifull intervention

merciful intervention
Judge intervention
, GS2, Sw2 and
wing of resolve

Well you got a point but, unlike the guardian, the necromancer don't have any way to
block
incoming attack, so maybe that make them even in this peculiar aspect that you point out.

What does blocking have to do with anything?

It's just a fun movement build and you play it similar to a thief role, also with 2 skills you can travel between 2 points instantly... (you don't have to use it for that though, I was more using it to port out with wurm and refresh then port back in on the spectral walk and to stomp guardians for the lolz)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

meditations

mercifull intervention

merciful intervention
Judge intervention
, GS2, Sw2 and
wing of resolve

Well you got a point but, unlike the guardian, the necromancer don't have any way to
block
incoming attack, so maybe that make them even in this peculiar aspect that you point out.

It's just a fun movement build and you play it similar to a thief role, also with 2 skills you can travel between 2 points instantly...

Blocking is like a free stability which allow you to move out of something nasty without taking damage.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

meditations

mercifull intervention

merciful intervention
Judge intervention
, GS2, Sw2 and
wing of resolve

block

It's just a fun movement build and you play it similar to a thief role, also with 2 skills you can travel between 2 points instantly...

Blocking is like a free stability which allow you to move out of something nasty without taking damage.

we're talking about movement though, sorry for my edit you gave a pretty quick response.

Archived